Hacking beta PS4 6.72 jailbreak released, ustable succes rate 10% (who is on 5.05 just wait....)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no, it's not correct. if it were, he wouldn't have to be told that it must be redone after a coldboot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lets cut to the heart of the matter. @KiiWii is this technically a jailbreak. I've heard no hacker or dev refer to it as that. they always call it exploit.

Hmm, it’s a weird one. Jailbreak or to escape the jailed confines of a secure system.

jailbreak. Slang term used to describe the action of gaining access to an iPhone's private file system to override some of the device's restrictions. Jailbreakingalso enables an iPhone user to install third-party applications.

even cturt refers to jails:

Jails
We can prove the existence of FreeBSD jails being actively used in the PS4's kernel through the auditon system call being impossible to execute within a jailed environment.

I personally I think of it as an exploit chain that escalates privileges to gain control of kernel. I wouldn’t use the term “jailbreak”.

it’s not perma, but that’s neither here nor there..

At the end of the day.... who cares what it’s called ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: godreborn

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean if you are going to be nitpicky that is one thing but the exploit allows for a "jailbreak"

jailbreak definition: "Jailbreak (computer science), a jargon expression for (the act of) overcoming limitations in a computer system or device that were deliberately placed there for security, administrative, or marketing reasons: iOS jailbreaking, overriding software limitations on the iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad."

So yes an exploit can lead to a jailbreak (not full control but an overcoming of limitations/security)

I notice alot of people get all this confused. You could exploit to cfw of course yes. Just another example of jailbreaking albeit one with more control for the owner.

If this sounds confusing read the definition to yourself calmly. I know I have. Many times...

Good luck with that english language! It's a doozy!

I wouldn't call the 6.72 exploit a jailbreak/CFW etc, it is more of just an exploit to allow access to debug menu, at most I would call it as an exploit entry point to gain access to the debug menu.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I personally think if it were jailbroken, you'd be able to install an official package no problem without the license.

remember they were calling game sharing a jailbreak. imo, a jailbreak can't be patched with software either.

btw, a dev corrected me when I said resigning for saves with save mounter, since it's not the correct term. that's why it's import to be precise: Mira Project Source Code Release + OpenOrbis PS4 Toolchain (OoSDK) Released

Reactions: KiiWii
D

Deleted User

I wouldn't call the 6.72 exploit a jailbreak/CFW etc, it is more of just an exploit to allow access to debug menu, at most I would call it as an exploit entry point to gain access to the debug menu.

i have a linux payload and late last night we got retroarch working and i have other emu working i am really scratching my head here. Is it just you have no actual 6.72 experience?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYUa4p1M3rlNP6AsK1FVdJ1iQm_zJhP9J

anywho people playing lotta word games but i still want to try and help their miseducation

jailbreaking is a bypass security or limitation concept or jargon. Varying levels don't apply here. It's like you say i go cave searching i say i am into the sport of spelunking. It is just your mastery of the english language. So like I used the exploit to jailbreak my console. THAT IS ACTUALLY GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT. Not the nonsense I reading above. Another example. The exploit allowed me to install cfw. Again correct to say. Another sentence. The exploit of the cfw allowed me to permanently jailbreak my console. The hack has permanence etc. You can use these words interchangeably. Hard concept to explain. Not as rigid and clear cut but what is language. Not everyone is into hacker grammar it is also tricky but i like tricky things. I mean heck read the title of the thread you post in it's absurd. Exploit to gain access to debug even if it was all i had which is not true (i can send payload i can dump etc.) would still be a type of jailbreak oem didn't want you to have that you break their security when you achieve that and the jail as we say is broken sometimes permanent sometimes not and that is another evolving concept...

Last edited by ,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a linux payload and late last night we got retroarch working and i have other emu working i am really scratching my head here. Is it just you have no actual 6.72 experience?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYUa4p1M3rlNP6AsK1FVdJ1iQm_zJhP9J

anywho people playing lotta word games but i still want to try and help their miseducation

jailbreaking is a bypass security or limitation concept or jargon. Varying levels don't apply here. It's like you say i go cave searching i say i am into the sport of spelunking. It is just your mastery of the english language. So like I used the exploit to jailbreak my console. THAT IS ACTUALLY GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT. Not the nonsense I reading above. Another example. The exploit allowed me to install cfw. Again correct to say. Another sentence. The exploit of the cfw allowed me to permanently jailbreak my console. The hack has permanence etc. You can use these words interchangeably. Hard concept to explain. Not as rigid and clear cut but what is language. Not everyone is into hacker grammar it is also tricky but i like tricky things. I mean heck read the title of the thread you post in it's absurd. Exploit to gain access to debug even if it was all i had which is not true (i can send payload i can dump etc.) would still be a type of jailbreak oem didn't want you to have that you break their security when you achieve that and the jail as we say is broken sometimes permanent sometimes not and that is another evolving concept...

Your whole series title is off, I mean it is not a jailbreak after all, it is the wrong term anyway, it is not a CFW.

D

Deleted User

Your whole series title is off, I mean it is not a jailbreak after all, it is wrong the wrong term anyway, it is not a CFW idiot.

i hope you feel better ok. you are better than this i have seen it. let's drop it.

wow. mind blowing...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope you feel better ok. you are better than this i have seen it. let's drop it.

wow. mind blowing...

I mean I am correct it is not a jailbreak after all for you to call that whole video series, also the wrong term to call it a CFW, you don't have full control of the system, as the exploit only allows you to access the debug menu to install games in package format. so Quoting from what you wrote, "So like I used the exploit to jailbreak my console. THAT IS ACTUALLY GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT." that is wrong 100%

D

Deleted User

I mean I am correct it is not a jailbreak after all for you to call that whole video series, also the wrong term to call it a CFW, you don't have full control of the system, as the exploit only allows you to access the debug menu to install games in package format. so Quoting from what you wrote, "So like I used the exploit to jailbreak my console. THAT IS ACTUALLY GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT." that is wrong 100%

obviously i hit a nerve sorry man i hope you get help

if you read my messages i have emulation up ftp up payload up bout to test linux but you stopped reading my side i only linked my video to show progress check out ep 14 and dang dude go outside i feel bad i actually pity you right now that isn't you boss

Last edited by ,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You are the one needs help, it is one thing to quote people post and correct them but you are terrible at it, I mean this isn't the first time you think you are right and someone else is wrong, seem like you don't like when someone else correct you on the subject within the PS4 realm, Im not helping @godreborn on this behalf, I am just correcting you that you are wrong on the subject that the exploit is a jailbreak/CFW etc, on top of that you bring the subject of Linux, are you trying to change the subject? lol

if you read my messages i have emulation up ftp up payload up bout to test linux but you stopped reading my side i only linked my video to show progress check out ep 14 and dang dude go outside i feel bad i actually pity you right now that isn't you boss

But what does that have to do with what we were talking about, we are talking about how the exploit work, not on the subject of Linux, true that you can install linux, sure you can go outside first and catch Covid 19.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So is 6.72 going to be the new 5.05, by which I mean is all homebrew/tool releases going to be targeted for 6.72?
Like I know there was the idea that 6.20 would be the golden fw after theflows initial tweet, but if everything is being worked on for 6.72 (as it applies to far more people and there's no public know webkit for 7.02 yet). Then is there any reason to not update to 6.72 from any firmware between that and 5.05 (example I am on 6.00)?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is 6.72 going to be the new 5.05, by which I mean is all homebrew/tool releases going to be targeted for 6.72?
Like I know there was the idea that 6.20 would be the golden fw after theflows initial tweet, but if everything is being worked on for 6.72 (as it applies to far more people and there's no public know webkit for 7.02 yet). Then is there any reason to not update to 6.72 from any firmware between that and 5.05 (example I am on 6.00)?

I can guarantee any homebrew will be targeted at 6.72 there's zero reason if you're on 6.00 to not go to 6.72 you can't even hack the PS4 on those firmwares that are in between.

6.72 while you might get a few crashes is not that bad. I just remote installed Red Dead Redemptoin 2 an 80 gb from my computer using ethernet to my external hard drive on my PS4 in 32 minutes and tested and the game works. I had my PS4 on all night last night sending remote packages and it never crashed.

D

Deleted User

I do that but nothing happens. I've also tried sending a payload I found (not sure if the correct one) through NetCat. Can you please link to a bin payload that is known to work for 6.72?

when you say nothing happens you gotta wait along time. To complicate things sometimes it is your method. I would try al azif then use the 6.72 payload sender to manually send. no offense but did you make a linux usb? sometimes btw it can also be a monitor issue. I suggest you open a thread lets get more eyes on this issue. I stream my work on youtube so eventually i will investigate but i am doing other stuff atm

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
when you say nothing happens you gotta wait along time. To complicate things sometimes it is your method. I would try al azif then use the 6.72 payload sender to manually send. no offense but did you make a linux usb? sometimes btw it can also be a monitor issue. I suggest you open a thread lets get more eyes on this issue. I stream my work on youtube so eventually i will investigate but i am doing other stuff atm
When nothing happens I mean that, once I send the linux payload via netgui, I get a message on the PS4 saying "there's not enough memory", I then click "ok" and it reloads the exploit page, but nothing else: it doesn't crash, it doesn't reboot, .... it simply does nothing.

Adam512

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm still waiting for a miracle (7.02 webkit or boot level exploit.,). Hope dies last

BTW: notzecoxao likes to look for keys and writes on twitter how bored he is, so I hope he will look for keys on "lastOfUs2" (passcode).

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried reinstalling a fpkg game on 6.72. I have a few fpkg games I made from dumps. They work on 5.05 but I can’t update cause the one already installed won’t work. That why I ask if any one has done a fresh install of a fpkg game. Thanx in advance

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried reinstalling a fpkg game on 6.72. I have a few fpkg games I made from dumps. They work on 5.05 but I can’t update cause the one already installed won’t work. That why I ask if any one has done a fresh install of a fpkg game. Thanx in advance
A lot of 5.05 games working on 6.72 and all 6.72 as today are working too.

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if normal, but saw this, and building structure now but i thought it might be helpful

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    70.5 KB · Views: 246
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    76 KB · Views: 263
  • Capture9.PNG
    Capture9.PNG
    95.8 KB · Views: 215

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum