Gaming Best Yu-Gi-Oh game

qweasd123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember playing this (with cards, not on some console) with friend something like 7 years ago.
Now I want to try it on DS but I'm wondering which version is the best.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best ones you can play on the DS are Spirit Caller, Nightmare Troubadour, and Duel Academy (for the GBA, but it's my all time favorite Yugioh game). What I don't recommend is the newest one, I'd even go out as much to say it's the worst handheld title.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It depends what you mean by the best. If we're talking Story wise then you'd have to go for Nightmare Troubadour and GX: Spirit Caller. If you're looking for more updated cards, ban lists, and active multiplayer (Wi-Fi) as being the best then I suggest 5D's World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus

EDIT: Now that I think about it... The latest 3 games stories weren't so bad either. They were Stardust Accelerator, Reverse of Arcadia, and Over the Nexus (the latest). My only gripe is that they're so short.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
The best ones you can play on the DS are Spirit Caller, Nightmare Troubadour, and Duel Academy (for the GBA, but it's my all time favorite Yugioh game). What I don't recommend is the newest one, I'd even go out as much to say it's the worst handheld title.
What's wrong with the newest one? Unless you're just hating on the modern card game.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Nightmare Troubadour / Stardust Accelerator are the best 2 iv played.

Id stick with stardust accelerator tho, it does alot of things really well to make a great overall package. Plus, the board layout is the best iv seen of every yu-gi-oh game (including the 2 newer 5D games)

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
redfalcon said:
Btw, are the games enjoyable even if you've never been into Yu-Go-Oh before or don't care about the (physical) cardgame?
Well... It's basically what the physical card game is so I guess it depends whether or not you're trying to get into it. If you have the patience to learn and progress than it's enjoyable and stays that way overtime since you have more of an insight but if you're going to go into the game without wanting to learn and just play around then I don't really see it being fun in anyway since the AI and online players won't be so easy after some time.
But that's just what I think....

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
The best yu-gi-oh games I've played are the tag force series but those aren't on the ds.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
qweasd123 said:
I've heard about some lag in new games. Is that true?
Lag? Maybe in the multiplayer but so does every other game depending on your own and the other player's connection. I've heard a few cases of bad loading times at points with AI, during Single Player, but it's not that big of an issue from what I've experienced.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
machomuu said:
What's wrong with the newest one? Unless you're just hating on the modern card game.
Not at all, there are various reasons, such as the computer wait times (which I can't stand), the story (I just don't like it, simply not my cup of tea... Pepsi actually, I don't like tea).

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
franchise lost me since the only yu-gi-oh title i liked (and understood rules XD) forbidden memories on my old ps1.. i tried each and every latest entries but not fun to my liking and over complicated haha, also what's with the new turn of the series and their bikes so weird!

plus i can just imagine how online might be bad with players maxing their stats with cheats on
ohmy.gif

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
koimayeul said:
franchise lost me since the only yu-gi-oh title i liked (and understood rules XD) forbidden memories on my old ps1.. i tried each and every latest entries but not fun to my liking and over complicated haha, also what's with the new turn of the series and their bikes so weird!

plus i can just imagine how online might be bad with players maxing their stats with cheats on
ohmy.gif
You understood that damn game? Geez... I could hardly pull off a decent fusion throughout the damn game @_@. It didn't follow the traditional Yu-Gi-Oh! play style but Forbidden Memories was a fun game and I wish they'd make something else like it or like Duelist of the Roses. This kinda makes me wanna go search for FM online....

About the cheating... it's not really a problem unless you REALLY care about ranks. I haven't run into instant win creeps since, I think, was Spirit Caller or the game after it (whichever had Wi-Fi) but then again I've become less active with playing online since I got my 360 some few years ago.

Wiip™

Worth a penny.
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3 newest Yu-Gi-Oh games are somewhat dumb, The computer has a very slow thinking time.
I'd say Spirit Caller or World Championship 2008. Have fun.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8