"Best" way to play Wii backups?

leejaclane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just curious what people think is the best way to play Wii backups on a Wii U. Like, a particular loader such as WiiFlow or USBLoader, or Wii U eshop injections, and what the advantages or disadvantages of each are. I'm sure I'm not familiar with all the different ways to do it either -- I know about the loaders in vWii, and the basics of injecting Wii games into Wii U eshop versions, but that's about it.

Is there any way to, for example, combine these injected installations with a loader to get the "best" of both worlds? By which I mean, gamepad as classic controller, installed as a Wii U app launched from Wii U external hard drive, but with features from a loader that you wouldn't get from a plain eshop injection, such as saving to emunand, or applying various hacks.

Tangentially related, when using Wii U eshop injection as a forwarder for WiiWare, is forwarding to emunand possible? I haven't got experience with injections yet, I'm trying to decide what method for playing backups would work best for me (also trying to avoid installing WiiWare to the nand). And this is also only kind of tangentially related, but is there a way to get those full screen channel previews as full screen previews? When I tried out WiiFlow before, they stayed in these little tiny frames instead, which is a bit disappointing as I'd like the full experience like when you play from a disc and you select the disc channel and it plays a brief little bit of music or sound effects with a little animatic. It's not a big deal to lose it, but it's more disappointing to not have than say the GameCube logo being skipped (since that was the same for every game, and I know there's a way to reimplement that in Nintendont anyway).

I guess I should ask too if it's better to inject GameCube on Wii U or run it directly in vWii with a loader as a frontend for Nintendont?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMuP01GlQi4