PS1/2 Best way to buy a PS2?

Whalermouse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to play some PS2/PS1 games, and I figured that since I have a CRT in working condition the simplest way is to do so is the original hardware. What's the best way to get a PS2 for a reasonable price? I intend to homebrew it so I can play games off a hard drive.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the obvious place Ebay you could check there, or if not check if you can find one locally. It'll definitely be used (unless you want to pay a lot of money for a new one from Ebay) so your options are pretty much limited to those or maybe Amazon.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to play some PS2/PS1 games, and I figured that since I have a CRT in working condition the simplest way is to do so is the original hardware. What's the best way to get a PS2 for a reasonable price? I intend to homebrew it so I can play games off a hard drive.

eBay, Facebook, or one of the phone apps like Let it go, or one of the others... Finding one locally can normally get the better deal. If your looking for ULTRA cheap and you don't plan on backing up your original disks, finding on that boots but, does not read disks can go for real cheap.

You should be able to score a fully working PHAT for around $50 (maybe with some controllers and games), then you need the network adapter (or the modern 3rd party one that has no network connection) they go for about $20...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay