Homebrew Question Best USB installer?

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine if you switch your Android phone into a Mass Storage Device mode, you can mount its storage as a USB drive in SXOS.

Maybe, I'm using kosmos tho. I never thought of trying honestly so I may play around. I imagine that there would have to be a port of goldtree or fluffy to Android get gold leaf or tinfoil on the switch to realize whats going on for usb install.

I also have a build of sxos rommenu t may read it as a USB and let me pick a nsp on my phone. This is all speculation, but now my curiosity is going, when I get the time I'll have to play around.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Try this build https://github.com/satelliteseeker/Tinfoil/releases/tag/v0.2.1-USB-fix2

also make sure once you hit b to close connection in TF after install then just go back usb install I find I don't get errors with that.

I tried that build and it just hangs when I try to transfer anything with Fluffy. The previous one works great apart from the mentioned crashes if I try to install more than once. Queuing works great anyway, so I'll stick with https://github.com/satelliteseeker/Tinfoil/releases/tag/v0.2.1-USB-fix

Reactions: Deleted User

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Using NS-USBloader with USB fix 1, smooth installation more than 30mb/s (anker usb C to A )

Only problem i have is that my windows refuse to see "Nintendo Switch" in Zadig 2.4, i just go by the name that is unknown in device manager

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it possible to mount the SD Card in Windows via USB? I know it can be done via TegraRcmGUI, but can this be done from inside Atmosphere? I just hate having to Shutdown my Switch to put my microSD into my computer every time I want to add a couple of files. I don't mind doing it when I've a LOT of files to transfer, because then at least I can get USB 3.0 speeds using my adapter, but for smaller things it would be nice to just mount the SD Card directly in Windows thru the USB Cable.

Last edited by FanboyKilla,

ReikaRin

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So is it possible to mount the SD Card in Windows via USB? I know it can be done via TegraRcmGUI, but can this be done from inside Atmosphere? I just hate having to Shutdown my Switch to put my microSD into my computer every time I want to add a couple of files. I don't mind doing it when I've a LOT of files to transfer, because then at least I can get USB 3.0 speeds using my adapter, but for smaller things it would be nice to just mount the SD Card directly in Windows thru the USB Cable.

use this https://github.com/liuervehc/nxmtp/releases

Reactions: Deleted User

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You can just ftp the files over from your computer, no need to remove the sd card

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I should have mentioned that I'd already seen that release. It appears the developer is MIA so I just wanted to see if there was anything else available.
It hasn't been updated but it's still working perfectly whenever I need it.

e: atmosphere will have usb file transfer as part of its debugging features at some point relatively soon.

Reactions: FanboyKilla

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol