Hacking Best Skins Ever - Made a DS Lite Screen Protector

detonate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought from best skins ever before, a skin for my creative zen vision m, and it's spectacular. Reviews of there product says theirs are the exact same quality and material as shieldzone. I've seen them for the psp, and they are very very good. I haven't seen any of their products that uses a stylus and was seeing if any of you trust them enough or tried their products to vouch for their DS skin. For $9, you get almost complete coverage, unlike shield zone which charges $30. If not this, maybe I would choose an hori or martin, maybe in combination to bestskinsever. However for the price and their reputation, I think they might be giving hori some competition.

http://www.shieldzone.com/
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-2...te-Total/Detail

S.S.Mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link us up some reviews... please.

I've been doing research on protectors for the Lite (My old DS got beat to hell... I want to prevent that) and sheildzone in combo with one of the keysfactory cases seems to be the best bet.
With a quick search for "Best Skins Ever" I didn't find a thing about that company.

Edit: I removed the quotes from the google search and oddly enough it came up now. Too bad no videos though...

SkuiD87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Found a review for the ShieldZone version...this guy wasn't too impressed, particularly by the screen protector (he ended up taking it off!). Seems like it may be a worthwhile investment for the outside of the DS...but you'd probably be better off buying a seperate screen protector.

Body protector - 8.5/10
Touch Screen protector - 6.5/10
Overall - 7.5/10

Invisible Shield Review - DS lite version

Nalif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried the shieldzone screen protectors - they're tough stuff, if you can install them correctly. Unlike most screen protectors, they give you a bottle of solution that you must spray the screen down with, and then you have to slide it over your DS. Because of this solution, you get all kinds of fingerprints etc on the otherside of it.

The material is very strong. The installation sucks. They say this stuff was origionally made to protect hellicopter blades - It should have stayed that way IMO.

If you want quality screen protectors, check out JavoEdge. VERY good quality protectors.

strid3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard some good things about BSE's iPod shield (in comparison to InvisibleShield's), so I've been waiting for them to release a DS Lite protector. I went ahead and ordered one for this price, I'll post some impressions when I get it in. It could definitely be a great bang-for-the-buck shield.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind the JPEG artifacts, stylistic choice