Best SD Card for New 3DS XL?

Cheezball420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yoyo this may be a dumb question but what is the best SD Card what does support the New 3DS XL? I used a 512 GB SD Card (idk which read/write speed) but the boot up always took half a minute or so.

So whats the best SD Card in case of read/write speed and capacity?

Thanks for your answers :)

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yoyo this may be a dumb question but what is the best SD Card what does support the New 3DS XL? I used a 512 GB SD Card (idk which read/write speed) but the boot up always took half a minute or so.

So whats the best SD Card in case of read/write speed and capacity?

Thanks for your answers :)
read write speeds are limited by the hardware. so high speeds of those cards mean nothing to a 3ds. also. 512gbs are going to be slow cause of the size of the card. You can use 64 or 128gb without hassle. Should be a bit of improvement in speed.

Reactions: Cheezball420

Cheezball420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
read write speeds are limited by the hardware. so high speeds of those cards mean nothing to a 3ds. also. 512gbs are going to be slow cause of the size of the card. You can use 64 or 128gb without hassle. Should be a bit of improvement in speed.
alright ty nice so whats the max speed the 3ds can handle?

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you plan to use homebrew like emulators, you may prefer a high endurance card, which can handle tons of writes. For normal usage (3ds games only), a standard sdcard is enough.

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As long it's not a fake card you should be fine with any brand.

For example it's not useful to get the extreme or extreme pro from sandisk because the 3DS just can't read/write fast enough, it'll work just fine but you won't notice any difference compared to their cheapest model (ultra).

I used both sandisk ultra and samsung evo on my n3dsxl in the past, both worked fine. Currently using a 128GB sandisk ultra since 2017.

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1