Best rom cart?

Thenastyb0y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By best i really mean "most simple"... The top ones I've heard of are everdrive and EZ flash but I need one that I don't need a PC to setup the SD card, that out of the box I can just drag and drop the roms and it's good to go. at least be able to do the SD setup manually or with a mobile device.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what you do, you are going to struggle to copy anything to any microSD card using a mobile device exclusively.

You honestly don't have access to single PC? No one you know owns a Windows computer? You know NO ONE with a laptop who will let you use it for ten minutes?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Everdrive GBA, EZ Flash Omega, EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition, and Supercard are the only widely accessible GBA flashcarts today.
The Supercard requires use of PC client software to patch ROMs and is junk anyway. Don't buy this.
The other carts are all drag and drop with GBA ROMs. Everdrive additionally requires dragging and dropping a firmware file on the SD card, but that can easily be done. EZ Flash carts are ready to go out of the box. So, pick one of these three. My personal recommendation would be the Definitive Edition.

Thenastyb0y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No matter what you do, you are going to struggle to copy anything to any microSD card using a mobile device exclusively.

You honestly don't have access to single PC? No one you know owns a Windows computer? You know NO ONE with a laptop who will let you use it for ten minutes?
Just the ones at the library but u can't download anything on them :\
Post automatically merged:

Everdrive GBA, EZ Flash Omega, EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition, and Supercard are the only widely accessible GBA flashcarts today.
The Supercard requires use of PC client software to patch ROMs and is junk anyway. Don't buy this.
The other carts are all drag and drop with GBA ROMs. Everdrive additionally requires dragging and dropping a firmware file on the SD card, but that can easily be done. EZ Flash carts are ready to go out of the box. So, pick one of these three. My personal recommendation would be the Definitive Edition.
Yah, I already tried the supercard kuz it was cheap, that's what Initially made me think that others might need other stuff on the card to work lol I learned right away the supercard was a bad idea but I figured I've gotten lucky with wish stuff before, so... yah lol

Thank you :) I'll take a look at the other 2 u mentioned

Last edited by Thenastyb0y,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doing it from an Android phone might be more of a pain but should be doable if you're determined (not gonna speak for iPhone, not my area).

If your phone has an SD card slot and you can put the card you want to use in there, then you should just be able to download the files you want for the flashcard to the SD card, put them in the right directories etc, and hope the files/folders Android puts on the card itself don't mess anything up.

Other option to try would be to connect an SD card reader to your phone's USB port and use a file manager app that can access it. I don't have any personal recommendations but here's the first result from my Google https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.minitool.com/data-recovery/sd-card-reader-for-android.html?amp

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
I use the Ez Flash Jr. And Omega Definitive Edition, I also add everything using my android phone exclusively using a USB-C Micro SD card reader and either the FX file Explorer or Solid Explorer apps. I also use Zarchiver to extract archives as it's significantly faster than other apps extraction.

As long as you have a decent file explorer app it's really no different to using a PC, just select all, swipe to card, paste, eject, on android at least anyway, can't speak for iOS.

Android does put some useless empty folders on them but you can just delete them before you eject if it bothers you, they don't cause any issues though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, sleep well +1