DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Uhm.. Digimon 1! Its freaking awesome... Though my best run was when i got a meraman where he learned some kind of AoE that blew up the whole room and 1 hit koed everyone xD. Its a breeding/rpg game where you breed up your own digimon and grow it strong in attempt to save the digimon world
smile.gif
There is no cutscenes really, and the dialog doesnt last long enough before a fight roars out xD

Digimon 2 is also worth a shot. Instead of the breeding game, they changed it to a dungeon crawler game similar to the pokemon mystery dungeon. Keeping the normal elements of a normal RPG game it has some cool tweaks where it requires you to DNA digievolve to make your digimon stronger.

Digimon 3 howerer is your usual turn based rpg game. You have 3 digimons where you only fight with 1 at the time. The 3rd series is only fun if you prefer those kind of RPGs, but in my opinion it was kinda bad.

If you like TCG that is a little faster paced than Yu-gi-Oh then digimon TCG is truly worth a shot. Really cool game that makes u want to continue once your win streak is on
tongue.gif

If you like some platformer instead, you should give rayman a shot.

Cant think of any other games right now, since ive been playing BlazBlue lately and kinda really into it XD

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Started playing SOTN this morning
smile.gif
Aside from a glitch which causes a lockup if you walk in a very specific direction, it seems to be working fine. There's a warp room in the tower that occasionally fills with mist where you find the Soul of Wolf upgrade. When you go to the Library to get the blue door key, don't use the warp to get out. Walk. If you use the warp then walk out of the warp room into the mist filled tower, the game freezes. Easily evaded when you have the heads up. I think using a different version of PopsLoader might help too but I don't recall the exact settings.

Other than that, the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy disk works well, and shockingly takes up significantly less space than downloading the three games seperately. FF7 works well, just with very occasional graphical glitches. Legend of the Dragoon mostly works, but it is prone to lock ups on rare occasion.

Incidentally if anyone ever encounters a PAL copy of Legend of the Dragoon for PS1, gimme a shout. Need to replace mine.

Try the regular Sony stuff for SotN. Works fine on that. Download the PSN version if you can, it shouldn't have any of the errors that a user-made one should have (if any). Or just download Rondo of Blood and unlock SotN.

I find the Crash games are way too stiff though. I tried playing one of the "boulder dash" stages and it was just overly stiff. It seemed to be unable to run forward and to a side at the same time. Led to me dying quite a bit. I tried both analog and D-Pad. I mean they're all amazing (particularly Warped) but it's probably better to play them on a PSX/PS2/PS3 with an analog stick than a PSP. Maybe it takes some getting used to, who knows.

Only issue I have with FFVII is that the analog nub is too loose for menus and the D-Pad is too stiff for movement. It's not really a huge issue since it's not like you need the movement to be really accurate but it's a bit of a nuisance. Still plays perfectly fine though and worth a shot. You may not like it but you can at least say you've tried it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Graphical glitches in FFVII? What graphical glitches?

And there's a patch for Full Screen SOTN for the Dracula X version.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Guild McCommunist said:
Only issue I have with FFVII is that the analog nub is too loose for menus and the D-Pad is too stiff for movement. It's not really a huge issue since it's not like you need the movement to be really accurate but it's a bit of a nuisance. Still plays perfectly fine though and worth a shot. You may not like it but you can at least say you've tried it.
Not really a issue when you learn that the D-Pad is always for menus in RPGs and analog (if there is one) for moving :3.

I have to recommend FFIX over any FFs on the PS1 though, it's the only one that has aged well and is the most over looked FF game for the PS1. ):

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Not really a issue when you learn that the D-Pad is always for menus in RPGs and analog (if there is one) for moving :3.

I mean you don't want to switch between analog controls and D-Pad controls constantly and you can't map the D-Pad to work in menus, or so I thought.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Alundra and Silent Bomber are both decent games that have aged reasonably well, but I've never found a working Eboot of either. If anyone knows of a working eboot for Silent Bomber, let me know as I've owned the actual disk five times and every single disk has the same fault, a glitch that prevents the game progressing beyond the tenth level. After you beat the giant robot boss on the elevator (the one with buzzsaws coming out of his shoulders that you attach bombs to in order to damage him) you go through the door and the game ALWAYS has a black screen of death. I've been trying to finish the game for nearly a decade, I'd like to finally put the whole thing behind me.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
I have to recommend FFIX over any FFs on the PS1 though, it's the only one that has aged well and is the most over looked FF game for the PS1. ):

Looks nice...shoddy story and characters though, plus it's easy (well easier) and Ozma is not up to scratch.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Right! The monster rancher series especially 2 is a really good game
smile.gif
You should give beyblade a go to!

I cant really think of any RPG games that isnt heavy on story for the PSX. As those that arent story heavy are pretty much buried and forgotten >.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
prowler_ said:

Looks nice...shoddy story and characters though, plus it's easy (well easier) and Ozma is not up to scratch.
I dunno

I enjoyed FF9 a lot, and I really liked all the nods back to previous versions. the black mage and steiner always kinda cracked me up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1