Hacking Best non-battery flashcart?

l0c4lh0st

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I got the Supercard MiniSD, which runs nice. But it doesn't play some games and a lot of games have slowdowns...
I don't want that. So I want to get rid of it.

So I was looking for alternatives and came up with the EFA Linker, which is supposed to have RTC also. Nice for the Pogeymanz.
But it has a battery... I want it to save on external memory or something and not have a battery.

Can anyone recommend me like, the BEST card there is?
It's so hard to find something which is good and doesn't have a battery.

I basically want the same compatibility CycloDS / M3 DS Real gives for Nintendo DS games: Plays all *exactly* like original, uses MicroSD cards and is just awesome.

l0c4lh0st

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
ALL gba flash carts use a battery, you must be confusing them with original gba games. The battery powers the save file and RTC if the cart has one.
Now that I look again, my Supercard MiniSD *does* have a battery...

QUOTE(how_do_i_do_that @ Aug 19 2008, 11:04 AM) http://www.gameyeeeah.com/m3-perfect-lite-...pter-p-871.html

Your last line doesn't make any sense.
I don't understand this. Please, clarify.

So I'm actually looking for the flashcart which has the best compatibility. No slowdowns, no non-working games, RTC support, etc. etc.

I know the Supercard MiniSD is not one of those... It has terrible slowdowns and some games won't even play.

So what *is* a good cart?
I want to use it on a real GBA, so not on DS!

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically - you won't find one with your criteria.

EZ Flash III is the fastest, most compatible, and has an RTC.

but it has no Real Time saves, or good cheats, uses internal flash, and is $$$$

i use both EZ3 and EZ4 miniSD, the EZ4 miniSD is nice because its cheap, and uses MiniSD, but it has no RTC, so games that use it - need to be patched.

i think all in all there are only 3 or 4 games out of the entire GBA collection that give it trouble, unlike all the other flashcarts which have terrible compatibility when compared to EZ3/4.

happy hunting.

l0c4lh0st

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexmix said:
basically - you won't find one with your criteria.

EZ Flash III is the fastest, most compatible, and has an RTC.

but it has no Real Time saves, or good cheats, uses internal flash, and is $$$$

i use both EZ3 and EZ4 miniSD, the EZ4 miniSD is nice because its cheap, and uses MiniSD, but it has no RTC, so games that use it - need to be patched.

i think all in all there are only 3 or 4 games out of the entire GBA collection that give it trouble, unlike all the other flashcarts which have terrible compatibility when compared to EZ3/4.

happy hunting.
Hmm, DealExtreme.com doesn't have the EZ Flash III unfortunately.
They don't have the EZ Flash IV either.
frown.gif

Do you happen to know a webshop that does have EZ Flash III or maybe IV?

How about patching the games that need the RTC? The only ones I know are... well, Pokémon?
What does the patch do? Does it remove the RTC features from the game, or does it make it possible to use the RTC anyway? If it's the last, it won't be a big problem to have a cart that does not support RTC when you can patch it in the game, imho.
smile.gif

Btw, how about the "EFA" cart? I heard some good stories about it, also it does support RTC. Just no external memory..
frown.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
ALL gba flash carts use a battery, you must be confusing them with original gba games. The battery powers the save file and RTC if the cart has one.

Wrong. The Supercard CF, SD, and Lite (microSD) do not have batteries. Games save directly to the media card (though you have to press a button combination to update the *.sav file with the new save data). The Supercard miniSD has a battery which can be used to hold the most recent save file after poweroff, but I honestly don't trust it and so I still use the button combination.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said that there was a battery-less one that did what he wanted. I was just pointing out that there are carts without batteries.

l0c4lh0st

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
what do you expect for a "whats the best" question, they always are vauge or totally inaccurate in what they ask which give people problems when they answer them.
Nah... I think I'm quite clear.

I want a cart that I can put in my GBA and does it all.
Something like that must exist...

l0c4lh0st

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Look into the EZ-Flash line and the M3 Perfect (not Pro). That's as close as you're going to get.
M3 Perfect MiniSD looks very nice!!!

I always thought this was a slot 2 NDS card... But it's actually for use on a GBA to play GBA ROMs. Thanks!

I will look further into it. I found one webshop which had it out of stock.. but price showed $99,99. That's a bit too expensive heh.
Too bad DealExtreme.com doesn't have it.

Gonna see if I can find it cheaper somewhere. If anyone knows??? Please tell me!
biggrin.gif

l0c4lh0st

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Look into the EZ-Flash line and the M3 Perfect (not Pro). That's as close as you're going to get.
So I actually got a M3 Lite Pro from some auction site heh...
It sucks.
The guy was advertising it as an M3 Perfect.

So I'm still looking... Man, they're hard to find.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sub-50 for a >20k mAh battery with 100w PD charging? Fuckin sold