best media box????

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same WD TV Live box. I noticed it crashes sometimes when you have the "cataloging" (or whatever it's called) option on while using an HDD you connect and disconnect a lot.
It compiles your media library every time you plug the HDD in, when you have this options turned on.

Have you updated to the latest firmware? If not, I would suggest you do so.
It solved quite a lot of bugs regarding this.

My device is hooked up to an HDD every now and then but always to my NAS.
Occasionally when I hook up my HDD, the WD TV starts acting up. Just do a hard reboot and you're fine.

Never had this issue with its predecessor though.

Hope this helps!

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KDLINKS HD720

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CHDSPSM/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have had many Media Players, this is the best.
Honorable mention to:
http://www.amazon.com/Micca-Full-HD..._sim_e_24?ie=UTF8&refRID=1N6CAEEP0VXXD7G0NY93
It is a fourth of the price and adequate. I have one of these too. At $40 it is a best buy!
Another good choice is UGoos UT1 or wait for UT2 (Yes it is pronounced "You Goose!").
I have a Satechi Smart TV Box Streaming HD TV Digital Media Player which is made by UGoos (it is a UT1).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EO8X91Q/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I love it, but you really need to install Nova Launcher and XBMC + XMBCHUB's wizard for best results.
I wish I had waited for a UT2.
:grog::teach:

It supports 1 INTERNAL HD (now up to 4TB) and it has 2 usb ports for external drives.
I use a powered USB Hub which allows even more storage!
Is that enough?
:grog::teach:

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man but I don't think mines the same mine stop sometimes while randomly playing stuff, I have 2 drives connected with a hub, i'm just thinking that maybe the hub isnt getting enough power off the wd live every once and a while. Either that or its trying to read/write too much at one time and can't cache the files properly

Why not buy a cheap powered hub and possibly fix your problem on a budget. Underpowered hubs can definitely cause problems like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down...