Best GC Games?

• Thread starter Deleted-379826
  • Start date
  • Views 5,540
  • Replies 60
D

Deleted-379826

OP
Basically i'm gonna get a few gamecube games to play in dolphin and my question to all you guys is what do you recommend to me/what are your absolute favourite gamecube games?! Thanks for the recommendations :)

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (get the GC versions, or you can get the Wii Metroid Prime Trilogy if you feel like trying to get a Wiimote working with Dolphin), MP1 has a widescreen ROM mod for the UI. Windwaker and Twilight Princess are must plays for any Zelda fan. Star Fox Adventures is a good Zelda-like game as well, even if you're not exactly a Star Fox fan (you need a bit of a beefy rig to emulate this one, and it doesn't emulate 100% perfect, more like 98%). You can also get both the Ocarina of Time Multi Pack disc and the Zelda Collector's Disc if you feel like running an emulator in your emulator :P .Mario Kart: Double Dash is a lot of fun (I like it more than the Wii MK a lot of the time), and there are a couple good Need For Speed games as well. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is a good strategy title, and Tales of Symphonia is an excellent RPG... What else... Oh, Kirby Air Ride may seem like a simple game on the outside, but I've poured hours of my life into it. It's a lot of fun, especially if you have at least one other person to play with. Star Fox Assault is a pretty solid entry in the SF series if you're a fan, and the game benefits from HD. It's also one of the easiest GC games to emulate. F-Zero GX is a good game... Uhm... Pikmin 1 and 2 for all your Pikmin needs. Soul Calibur II is a solid fighting game that still looks fantastic, HD really makes it shine. Plus Link is the guest character on that version, and he kicks ass. Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness are interesting entries in the Pokemon series. They show their age, sadly, and some of the development choices are odd, but still fun games. If you're a fan of the old defunct Zoids TV show, Zoids: Battle Legends isn't a terrible way to spend a few hours. I've certainly played worse games. The last one I can think of right now is another niche game, but still something you could dump a good chunk of time into. Custom Robo isn't terribly mainstream, but if you like top-down tactical shooters with absurd weapons and a unique feel, this one is fun.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (get the GC versions, or you can get the Wii Metroid Prime Trilogy if you feel like trying to get a Wiimote working with Dolphin), MP1 has a widescreen ROM mod for the UI. Windwaker and Twilight Princess are must plays for any Zelda fan. Star Fox Adventures is a good Zelda-like game as well, even if you're not exactly a Star Fox fan (you need a bit of a beefy rig to emulate this one, and it doesn't emulate 100% perfect, more like 98%). You can also get both the Ocarina of Time Multi Pack disc and the Zelda Collector's Disc if you feel like running an emulator in your emulator :P .Mario Kart: Double Dash is a lot of fun (I like it more than the Wii MK a lot of the time), and there are a couple good Need For Speed games as well. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is a good strategy title, and Tales of Symphonia is an excellent RPG... What else... Oh, Kirby Air Ride may seem like a simple game on the outside, but I've poured hours of my life into it. It's a lot of fun, especially if you have at least one other person to play with. Star Fox Assault is a pretty solid entry in the SF series if you're a fan, and the game benefits from HD. It's also one of the easiest GC games to emulate. F-Zero GX is a good game... Uhm... Pikmin 1 and 2 for all your Pikmin needs. Soul Calibur II is a solid fighting game that still looks fantastic, HD really makes it shine. Plus Link is the guest character on that version, and he kicks ass. Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness are interesting entries in the Pokemon series. They show their age, sadly, and some of the development choices are odd, but still fun games. If you're a fan of the old defunct Zoids TV show, Zoids: Battle Legends isn't a terrible way to spend a few hours. I've certainly played worse games. The last one I can think of right now is another niche game, but still something you could dump a good chunk of time into. Custom Robo isn't terribly mainstream, but if you like top-down tactical shooters with absurd weapons and a unique feel, this one is fun.
thanks i take that as a great reply i appreciate it :)

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you have a wall of text that big yet not mention Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door? And KB/M Trilogy is THE way to go.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you have a wall of text that big yet not mention Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door? And KB/M Trilogy is THE way to go.
Ah, good point, I forgot about Paper Mario :) . And I'd rather play the Trilogy as well, especially in HD on Dolphin, but I've never had much success getting a Wiimote to work, even with a Dolphinbar.

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,
D

Deleted-379826

OP
Thanks for all the recommendations guys keepem coming I readem all :3

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy. Super Mario Sunshine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My bad for the double post but I felt the need to add Spider Man 2.
One of the best spider man games ever made!

Reactions: elmoemo

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
F-Zero GX
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Viewtiful Joe
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Luigi's Mansion

There's other great singleplayer games on the system, but generally the Xbox versions are better.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rolleyes: