Hacking Best DS model to use with a flashcart?

Dandorst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan to get the supercard and the acekard. Which model DS should I get that has the best compatibility with these? Are there any gotchas I should worry about?

Dandorst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that price doesn't matter at all. Willing to go with the most expensive or least expensive models. I just want the best compatibility - it's my ONLY concern.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that price doesn't matter at all. Willing to go with the most expensive or least expensive models. I just want the best compatibility - it's my ONLY concern.
Every DS/3DS model will work the same with the DSTWO, so I suggest the 3DS since it's current gen and you can play the latest games. The AK2i no longer works on updated 3DSes.
Acekard however no longer receives support or updates so I would recommend getting a R4i Gold (r4ids.cn model) if you decide not to get the pricier DSTWO. It costs about the same but still receives updates, has a similar loader, plus you get RTS which isn't available on AK2i. And as a plus it works on the latest 3DS firmware.

Dandorst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, forgot to mention that I am hoping to get one of the non 3ds models. I have an older supercard (2-3 years, at least 1 year pre-3ds) , I don't know if it will support the 3ds.

Although I will be getting a newer one because of the 3ds features, I am just interested in the original ds models at the moment.

Thanks for info though. I didn't know that about acekard or that the dstwo supported the 3ds. My info is wayyyy out of date.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd also go with the DSi XL because of the larger screens. Not all flashcarts will not work with a DSi XL on the latest firmware, so you should look it which firmware DSi XL works with acekard.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he want's good gba games compatibility then the DS lite with a slot 2 cart will do. Those gba emulators for DS/3DS aren't anywhere as good as a hardware device.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why exactly do you want to use a bunch of cards?

tell us what you want to do with your flashcard and ds.

do you want just ds games and 8 bit emulators (gbc, nes, master system)?
gba too?
maximum portability or just for playing at home?

do you have big or small hands, is your eyesight good or bad?

do you care about 3ds games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-