Best component cable solution?

HE1NZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
My current cables are the cheapest available (unofficial, came with used console). They produce noisy sound and image isn't the greatest. I'm looking to get better cables, but those that on ebay are fairly expensive if you add shipping and I don't know what I'll get. Does any company reproduce high quality cables for original xbox? I know Gamecube, Saturn and some others systems get new cables regularly.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The best possible picture quality comes from MS's HD AV pack.
Or running the games off off a 360/Xbone.

Cheapo China component cables won't work.

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the original HD AV cables and a couple of cheap component cables as well. The cheaper cables I have do in fact work fine--equal to the original Xbox in image quality. I actually like the cheap cables because the older HD AV Pack has a breakout box that you have to connect Component cables to and it creates a mess of cables behind the TV,

The problem with after-market cables is that they are highly variable. I have some Wii Component cables that look great (nice thick wires) but the quality of image is inferior (which is what sounds like is happening to you).

I see on ebay that there are chinese cables for under $5 with free shipping. Im willing to bet that some of these cables work fine and others might degrade the video. It's a crap-shoot, but you cant always dismiss the cheap stuff. Many "branded" cables are absolute crap. I think Mad Catz usually had reasonably good quality standards.

Another example for me was on the Xbox 360... I wanted to use the 360 (this is 10 years ago) with a VGA monitor. So I bought this crappy Pelican brand VGA cable and the image was not good. Bought a different after-market brand and it was fine. I dont even know if there was a first-party solution for VGA.

Let us know how it works out!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's a first party VGA cable for the 360.

I never settled for thin flimsy cables.
They must be thick and shielded.
Picture quality is a must.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I honestly like the English dub better than subs, but that's just my opinion. Japanese dub w/... +1