Hacking Best cIOS Selection for Newbies

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mostly good selections on the tutorial. It's just that I've got the same doubts about cIOS223 v5 as mentioned earlier. Last I tried it (CFG v53 iirc), music games worked fine at first glance...but at the end of the song, the menu didn't appear. The crowd just kept on cheering and worshipping the guitarist...and that gets boring after a few hours.

I'll give it another shot tonight (could've been a CFG issue), but until then, I suggest either 223 with 38/37 merge or (better yet) waninkoko's rev19 with a 37 base.

arevir711 said:
Have been waiting to upgrade to both hermes v5 and rev19. Hope I did everything alright. Here is my system check. Would appreciate if someone could look this over and give me the thumbs up. Thanks =)
Seems okay at first glance. However, syscheck can't tell which base IOS'es you've used, so that part of the guide I hope you followed things correctly.
smile.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
First, why do you guys use TriiForce? It's buggy and dont work with certain cIOS.

uLoader is way better than TriiForce for VC and WiiWare emulation. Seriously, forget TriiForce and use uLoader.

xzxero said:
Wiibricker, did you by any chance get your "best cIOS selection" from my post in the GX forum?

just wondering because they are pretty coincidental
biggrin.gif

Yes, I stole your cIOS selection and I will steal everything else from you, Im a bad guy
ph34r.gif

---
---

NOTE: As I mentioned before, this guide is for clueless newbies that are asking same questions again and again. If you are a "pro", you dont have to follow this guide.
---
---

If something doesnt work with IOS249[57]-v19, try IOS250[38]-v65535
If something doesnt work with IOS250[38]-v65535, try IOS222[38]-v65535
If something doesnt work with IOS222[38]-v65535, try IOS223[37]-v65535
If something doesnt work with IOS223[37]-v65535, try IOS224[57]-v65535

NOTE: I myself dont use uLoader due to the GUI, but its the most stable loader. You dont have any problems with any game if you use uLoader with Hermes cIOS v5(except some games like MPT). You can

a) Launch any game from WBFS and FAT (NTFS maybe in the feature)
b) Launch games from disk
c) Better VC and WiiWare emulation than TriiForce
d) Emulation of saves

I recommend Hermes cIOS and uLoader especially for newbies that just want to play videogames without any cosmetics and bugs/problems.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wever said:
Mostly good selections on the tutorial. It's just that I've got the same doubts about cIOS223 v5 as mentioned earlier. Last I tried it (CFG v53 iirc), music games worked fine at first glance...but at the end of the song, the menu didn't appear. The crowd just kept on cheering and worshipping the guitarist...and that gets boring after a few hours.

I'll give it another shot tonight (could've been a CFG issue), but until then, I suggest either 223 with 38/37 merge or (better yet) waninkoko's rev19 with a 37 base.
Nope...just tested it, and it still has that same issue (CFG 55, this time).
frown.gif

I assume uLoader handles the music games better with 223 v5, but can't say anything about it.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
First, why do you guys use TriiForce? It's buggy and dont work with certain cIOS.

uLoader is way better than TriiForce for VC and WiiWare emulation. Seriously, forget TriiForce and use uLoader.

I was just about to ask where the VC emulation is in uLoader until I noticed I'm on v3.2

Time to upgrade to 4.8, hehe shows how much I use it. I might have to start using it a lot more now if it will run just about anything your throw at it.

how run vc / wiiware with uloader

QUOTE1. On the root of your SD card create a folder called nand

2. In the newly created nand folder create a folder called install

3. In the install folder copy in any wad files of Wiiware or Virtual Console games you have recently downloaded.

4. Remove the SD from your computer and place it into the SD slot on the Wii.

5. Run uLoader

scottieb99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bunk said:
----> Browse through your Wad directory and install your dumped IOS249[57]-v19.wad.

Can the dumped IOS249[57]-v19 be used on other Wiis or should a new dump be made for each Wii (ie. can I install my IOS249[57]-v19 on my friend's Wii)?

Thanks.

I am curious about this as well. Can i dump all my cios to wad with bluedump and use them for other wiis?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scottieb99 said:
bunk said:
----> Browse through your Wad directory and install your dumped IOS249[57]-v19.wad.

Can the dumped IOS249[57]-v19 be used on other Wiis or should a new dump be made for each Wii (ie. can I install my IOS249[57]-v19 on my friend's Wii)?

Thanks.

I am curious about this as well. Can i dump all my cios to wad with bluedump and use them for other wiis?
Yes you can; that's kind of the original point of BlueDump

scottieb99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tattar8 - Thanks, I was pretty sure but wanted to make sure. I noticed a pretty good speed increase in USB loading with this setup, only problem I have is the GUI Wad Manager no longer works because my 249 is base 57 now. Hope they update it soon!

Edit - cwstjdenobs just sent me links to rev18+ compatible versions of gui wad manager that will load from 249 or 250.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:

how run vc / wiiware with uloader

QUOTE said:
1. On the root of your SD card create a folder called nand

2. In the newly created nand folder create a folder called install

3. In the install folder copy in any wad files of Wiiware or Virtual Console games you have recently downloaded.

4. Remove the SD from your computer and place it into the SD slot on the Wii.

5. Run uLoader
And then what exactly happens? Does uLoader unpack the wad and 'install' it to the USB HD or do the wads have to stay on the SD card, thereby limiting the number of VC/WW titles to the size of your SD card? If they have to stay on the SD card, then I'd say right there is one advantage TriiForce has over uLoader. Are there any vids of uLoader running VC/WW? Can someone specifically list the advantages, such as uLoader will play 'xyz' whereas TF won't, uLoader works with online VC/WW, etc. It's one thing to simply state that X is better than Y...backing it up with facts/examples is another.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
And then what exactly happens? Does uLoader unpack the wad and 'install' it to the USB HD or do the wads have to stay on the SD card, thereby limiting the number of VC/WW titles to the size of your SD card? If they have to stay on the SD card, then I'd say right there is one advantage TriiForce has over uLoader. Are there any vids of uLoader running VC/WW? Can someone specifically list the advantages, such as uLoader will play 'xyz' whereas TF won't, uLoader works with online VC/WW, etc. It's one thing to simply state that X is better than Y...backing it up with facts/examples is another.

Yes, uLoader will unpack the WAD and install it to SD or SDHC card with my tests. I did not try USB storage and the game take forever to start / load.

I don't like it at all after using Triiforce. uLoader might have better compatibility with certain titles but the GUI an loading times are not for me.

BTW - This cIOS setup isn't working well for me. I think I might revert back to Rev 17 + v4 Hermes for the time being.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am confused by this guide, what is the point of installing cios then extracting as a wad then deleting?

Why not just install cios rev 19 base 38, in slot 249, then cios base 57 in slot 250?

What is all this installing, deleting, installing shit?

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
instead of asking a stupid question with such an arrogant tone, why don't you just think by yourself and figure it out?

When you install 249, it installs 250 as well, with the same base, so if you want a different base for 249 and 250, you need to install them first, extract the one you want to be different(249) and delete both, then install them with the base you want 250 to be, delete 249 again and then install your packed wad containing 249 with the first base

search and experiment by yourself instead of complaining

grendy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I might have screwed something up. Where the OP says to run WAD Manager and pick IOS250. WM doesn't show an IOS250. I deleted it earlier on, as per the instructions. Am I missing something here?

Also, why does it say to delete IOS249 twice? When I went to delete it the second time it wasn't there. Presumably because I deleted it. What am I doing wrong?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
grendy said:
I think I might have screwed something up. Where the OP says to run WAD Manager and pick IOS250. WM doesn't show an IOS250. I deleted it earlier on, as per the instructions. Am I missing something here?

Also, why does it say to delete IOS249 twice? When I went to delete it the second time it wasn't there. Presumably because I deleted it. What am I doing wrong?
Follow the instructions carefully. Sounds like you didn't do steps 9-11. It installs rev19 AGAIN but under base 38 in 249 and 250. The whole point of the 1-14 is to get IOS249[57] for USB loading and IOS250[38] for Wad Manager.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry.

But what is the point of deleting cios?
Why not install cios base 57
Back up wad from slot 249
Install cios base 38
Install wad for cios base 57 in slot 249.

What is the need for manually deleting?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
misteromar said:
Sorry.

Install cios base 38

they just explained it to you a couple of posts back.

you still have pack the cIOS WAD
and you cant overwrite cIOS with the installer, unless it is an older revision.

since its r19, you can overwrite, only delete then reinstall.

grendy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
grendy said:

Follow the instructions carefully. Sounds like you didn't do steps 9-11. It installs rev19 AGAIN but under base 38 in 249 and 250. The whole point of the 1-14 is to get IOS249[57] for USB loading and IOS250[38] for Wad Manager.

Yep, you were right, I missed steps 9-11. I think I probably did do them, but they didn't work because I needed to run TBR first. Once I got that sorted out, everything else fell into place. Thanks!

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xzxero said:
misteromar said:
Sorry.

Install cios base 38

they just explained it to you a couple of posts back.

you still have pack the cIOS WAD
and you cant overwrite cIOS with the installer, unless it is an older revision.

since its r19, you can overwrite, only delete then reinstall.

I would have assumed the installer would over write the previous version, very inconvenient that you must manually delete it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: