Hacking Best cIOS Selection for Newbies

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Memino said:
Hey thanks for this guide I needed something like this badly, just a quick question so I don't do anything wrong, I have ciosrev14 installed and I'm pretty sure it's trucha patched, I heard deleting Ios like 249 and 250 can brick your wii, I just want to make sure this is not the case and I will go ahead with this. Thanks a lot.
Deleting IOS249 or 250 will not brick your Wii.

You do not have to delete any cIOS's before installing rev19.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
@arevir711: I'm not sure what base your cIOSes are, only you can tell us that.

@Memino: No, deleting IOS249/250 won't brick but make sure you have a trucha signed IOS before you delete it otherwise you'll need to restore it into IOS36. Deleting SM IOSes will brick (I think ATD MOD has anti bricking precuations?).

arevir711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBking83,

I just followed the guide WiiBricker gave us and used the base cIOSes. (thanks bricker!) So aside from that, I guess I'm good right?

Lastly, I use USB Loader GX and have been reading stories about people who lose their games. I disconnect my HDD when I updated using this guide and I use wbfs partition. Just want to make sure if I plug it back in and fire up usb loader I won't get a wipe. Thanks

*Update*

USB Loader GX works perfect! 30+ games FLAWLESS

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
arevir711 said:
BBking83,

I just followed the guide WiiBricker gave us and used the base cIOSes. (thanks bricker!) So aside from that, I guess I'm good right?

Lastly, I use USB Loader GX and have been reading stories about people who lose their games. I disconnect my HDD when I updated using this guide and I use wbfs partition. Just want to make sure if I plug it back in and fire up usb loader I won't get a wipe. Thanks

I really hope that someone can make all the wads so that an easy installation can be done with wad manager.

arevir711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more thing I should mention for any newbies following this guide...

Anytitle Deleter uses ios 249 to run, so when you delete both 250 and 249 you shouldn't have any problems deleting them both, but it might hang when you hit the home button and try to back out to homebrew channel. I just held down the power button to get it to shut off.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed this guide and now I get -1029 error when trying to launch games from Triiforce_MRC v9 with USB Nand Emulation.

Any solutions out there?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, best install is a matter of opinion, your choices are terrible for my system. No offense, this is just my opinion and what works for me, I understand your intentions here, but you are going to make people come back and go "this isn't working!!! help!!!". Even if you put that in your post is still will cause these problems.

Best config for Triiforce and USB loading:

cIOSrev17
Hermes 222 (38) / 223 (37) - v4
Hermes 224 (57) - v5

Once new Triiforce comes out or cIOS fixes issues with it, I'll consider what you have posted to be ok. But right now your recommendations break compatibility in a major way.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
arevir711 said:
BBking83,

I really hope that someone can make all the wads so that an easy installation can be done with wad manager.

readily available if you have the right friends
wink.gif

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
Once new Triiforce comes out or cIOS fixes issues with it, I'll consider what you have posted to be ok. But right now your recommendations break compatibility in a major way.

So far, I agree with this. Triiforce was my first test and it failed miserably. Hopefully my Wii backups load properly. If not, time to revert back to last working setup of Rev17+Hermes v4

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pepxl said:
TeenTin said:
arevir711 said:
BBking83,

wink.gif
or know what you're doing
gbasp.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
lol the methods are endless
laugh.gif

TeenTin said:
pepxl said:
wink.gif

Would you please introduce such kind of right friends ? Thanks !

if he wants to then i'll let him make him self known on his own accord sorry, just in case bad things happen

personal portal

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wiibricker, did you by any chance get your "best cIOS selection" from my post in the GX forum?

just wondering because they are pretty coincidental
biggrin.gif

edit: well except IOS249
i chose to merge it with IOS70 because thats the only IOS not touched.

other than that, i would say great minds think alike:D

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nothing i know of, its just that IOS223 is already merged with 37 so i chose 70 to have a variety.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP