Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so ALL games must be splitvid now ?

- any news of some varient of 1.6NS i.e. for offline consoles ? - i couldn't care less being stealthed; dnt play online.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the news on jungleflasher and the new ABGX people.

@MFDC12 VMware and most VMs do not play this low level hardware manipulation game very well (indeed depending on how you see it such a thing is a bonus).
As long as you do not have to dump keys with a serial port (possible in DOS but oh so annoying) dosflash has got you covered for just flashing.
Dosflash16 is the one you want (32 and 64 are 32bit and 64 bit windows respectively) as you can still use dosflash from a straight up command line (worst case scenario is you use windows to format a boot USB) to do the deed if you can manage to build a hacked firmware somewhere else or can convince WINE/vmware to play with jungleflasher long enough to build said firmware (I doubt firmtool or the later fork will be revived any time soon)- building a firmware is just basic file manipulation so that should be OK.

@mocalacace if you are not using the LT line any xbox live you have is on borrowed time anyway (MS stopped banning people after a while so if you were offline during the banwave you can stay that way). You might have to update via a USB drive from the main 360 site though (simple disc based updates did not work and I am not sure what live based updates play it as).

@Maz7006 unfortunately I am not too hopeful for that to happen. I have not really checked yet but 1.6NS was in response to 1.61 being stalled for most drives once the banwave hit and simply making a pirates life easier does not seem to go over well among the people that did it.
I do not know how deep splitvid goes either- if it is just a check to see if it is there then it is easy enough to override but if it is wound right into the new timings engine (which I can well see it being) then it will be harder. The other option of adding AP25 to the NS firmware is likely to be equally troublesome (you have to remember 1.6 had all the code 1.6NS needed already- it was just a matter of changing a flag/run conditions of a subroutine). I will be keeping an eye on xboxhacker though as news is likely to come from there as and when.
It is a scene requirement for games to be compatible with the latest firmware though so everything since LT was released should have splitvid and looking at a few others from pre LT they often do as well not to mention the technique was around long before LT (although it was optional/unnecessary).
If it comes to it there might even be ways to run multiple firmwares on the DVD drive but let us not go there for now.

@Thug4L1f3 nice, now all we need is the WODE people to finally make their 360 equivalent (they announced it a while back but things seem to have stalled) and this 360 gig will be awesome.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figures I find this thread right before I need to head to work.
frown.gif

Well, least I'm off on turkey day
smile.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for rapping that up FAST

guess i'll be looking at only re-burning a few games - never really checked if some were splitvid or not

i really just thought it was a pre-requisite for being extra safe with LT - i didn't think it were a REQUIREMENT.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:
frown.gif

smile.gif

Wish my work would be so kind they posted a schedule yesterday with everyone working. I'll calling in sick they can kiss my ass.
mad.gif
I always make sure I have sick days left for the important shit like holidays they try to make me work on and new console launches.
laugh.gif

I'll re-flash my 360's tomorrow night I'm taking a nap here soon bastards got me working 12 hours tonight 3PM till 3AM. Mighty nice of them.
mad.gif

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
codezer0 said:
frown.gif

smile.gif

Wish my work would be so kind they posted a schedule yesterday with everyone working. I'll calling in sick they can kiss my ass.
mad.gif
I always make sure I have sick days left for the important shit like holidays they try to make me work on and new console launches.
laugh.gif

I'll re-flash my 360's tomorrow night I'm taking a nap here soon bastards got me working 12 hours tonight 3PM till 3AM. Mighty nice of them.
mad.gif
It's not really a charity thing. The whole place is closed for thanksgiving. Just lucky I also got black friday scheduled off, but I don't really have money to spend on then. Had some recent surprise expenses, not least of which was replacing a four-year-old APC UPS.
unsure.gif

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
mocalacace said:
FAST6191 said:
No need Riley- the Hitachi could never perform these new checks and as such is immune.

Wait, are you saying people with a Hitachi with ixtreme 1.51 can still play online and not be banned?

That's what he's saying but remember there is always that risk of being banned.

Not exactly true though, only OLDER hitachi's can play AP25 without any issues, and as I far as I know there is no real list but from what I've read it has to have the ROM VERSION lower then 78/79 but again no one knows for sure.

benbop1992

Trophies
XP
Country
Dumb question, if i do this with the upcomeing USB2DVD from xecuter, will i be able to play online. (i dont worry about not having live, but its nice to know.)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
re Hitachi versions- I think we are now back to all versions working. It was just a bit of confusion with regards to various updates compared to what was on disc and what was on live/xbox.com (the xbox.com version being the latest/best and one that should work).
Anything that is not part of the LT line will see you banned at some point though.

@benbop1992 I hope this is not a return of the powered 360 vs drive power device type thing.
Otherwise "all" the USB2DVD thing does is save you the hassle of finding a compatible sata card and fiddling with drivers for them (it is aimed at making flashing a 360 even more painless). Any risk to live is the same as it ever was.

benbop1992

Trophies
XP
Country
I only want the USB2DVD as no computers in my household have satas, plus it would confuse the heck out of heck out off me, I dont mind softmodding, but hardmods lose me.

I also want to do this cos games are expensive, and my dad wants to take our 360 to the local "repair" shop, which is a shop in the Borders of Birmingham.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aside from the last non-slim liteons and the 7 series liteon 360 flashing while still requiring you to pull things apart is about as close to softmod as things get.

What that USB does (or will do) is replace the need for something like
http://www.amazon.co.uk/VT6421A-PORT-SATA-.../dp/B000MR7SNS/ (by the way you can use one of these if your PC lacks sata)
and something like
360xtractor_prerelease_proto2.jpg

Although you can use a 360 to power the drive when flashing or build your own - http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YAOH0dSsAKM/SnbVEIxg....jpg?imgmax=800 .

Looking at their video it looks like they might have some software too but that is nothing drastic. Unless they have done something really major which I doubt it will still require all the fiddling any other drive might with respect to the PCB.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
@Thug4L1f3 nice, now all we need is the WODE people to finally make their 360 equivalent (they announced it a while back but things seem to have stalled) and this 360 gig will be awesome.

Are they really making a WODE equivalent for the 360? That would be absolutely awesome.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw something that I kinda wanted to ask here.

Just recently saw on pirate bay about a UART patch download for LT+.

Is this really needed? should I do it if I've already flashed to LT+ ? What is it about? http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5987230/Ma...atch_for_LiteOn

At least thankfully, I've been catching up on my downloaded/arcade games, and thus have yet to really play a game on my system since this whole AP25 business started. Is this something I need to worry about?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As I understand it

Originally you could just put your already flashed drive in flashing mode (try half open for the liteon and a few others) and then it would spit keys out with just the program asking (this compared to the initial key grab that might have taken some effort to pull off- serial probes, messing around with the PCB, annoying mode b stuff. fancy audio CDs.......). We still suggested you keep the keys and data but if you managed to lose it/never got them then there were options.
That was old ixtreme firmwares though and LT dropped this feature (LT was a code rework that dropped much of the nice extra functionality in favour of keeping it undetectable) meaning if you did not have it then you would have to do the cut trace/lifted pin/mra method which is no fun at all (do note people- most recent Jungleflasher versions have a nice key library of all the drives you flashed built in so you might be able to snatch the key out of that).

Getting to the point the benq and liteon versions are the same hardware more or less- it is just the internal firmware that changes occasionally necessitating a new key dumping method (there were various sub versions but broadly speaking and ignoring the slim you have the 7 series, 8v1 and 8v2/9 series which each had different key dumping methods).
For the original liteon 7 series we could use a serial probe to read the key by hooking it up to some of the drive internals. The newer official liteon firmwares fixed this bug though but it was a simple edit to restore it (not much use to pre LT hackers or stock drives* really but it became useful now the hacked firmware does not spit out keys on demand), as LT is based on the original liteon firmwares you can add this serial bug back in before you flash it and dump the key using the old 7 series probe method ( http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=668247 , some nokia USB (technically USB to serial) cables can be used or you buy some hardware) rather than going cut trace/mra/lifted pin.

Also RE AP25: it is only games with AP25 that you need to worry about (as far as I am aware still just Fable 3, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Need for Speed Hot pursuit)- old games/non AP25 carry on as usual and are still live safe.

*the 8v1 could be done all in software again.

edit- if you are interested in the multiple original drive firmwares then
http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?topic=14929.0

edit2- forgot to answer your question.
If you are sensible enough to keep a copy of your keys to hand/backed up and will be able to suffer the MRA method if you do manage to lose them then no need to worry if you are already on LT+.
Security wise there have been some questions raised but nothing would follow myself. Otherwise (and if you are flashing for others) I would consider it.

Frankly though the only patch really care to see is one that removes the need for splitvid but we covered that somewhere else in more detail (nothing technical at this stage).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo