Hardware Belkin Router Support with Steam

BlazerX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now im at a different location then my normal one, Ive been trying to play Empire and Napoleon Total War on my desktop i recently had to bridge my router and modem together since i was getting a strict NAT on my ps3 now its NAT 2,when i try to play both ETW and NTW i can join 1outof 10 games,then weird part is Shogun 2 Total War works fine online.i had to open ports for my PS# to get NAT 2, Steam Connect fine to the net i can download from them and all any there anything i can do about this?

my Router is a Belkin n150 hardware:
F9K1001v4 (01A)

EDIT: When i set my router as an access point i can join games but for some odd reason my ps3 or other laptops cant connect to the router

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bridge your router with your modem? you mean you connected a rj-45 (lan/ethernet) cable between them, from the wan port of the router?

What's your modem's model?

BlazerX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes My Router is a Belkin N150 F9K1001v4, I had to Bridge the router and modem as an PPoE Connection because my Net has a Private IP Address which my company tol me to bridge them both

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
look like you got a couple of ports to forward or some firewall tinkering on your router firmware to do. make sure upnp is enabled.
the lazy way would be to put your comp dmz and hope that the windows firewall is strong enough or that nobody try hard enough to get in.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/F9K1001v1/Napoleon_-_Total_War.htm

When i set my router as an access point i can join games but for some odd reason my ps3 or other laptops cant connect to the router
that isn't odd at all, when set in access point mode, NAT (network address translation) is disabled.
NAT embed communication from different sources (ip addresses) into a single communication stream coming out of a single ip address.
the reason NAT is useful is because ISP allow he connection of a single ip address per account. When nat is disabled, multiple ip will try to connect to your isp but your isp will only allow one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay