Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korin

Trophies
XP
Country
http://nintendoeverything.com/new-nintendo-membership-service-is-nintendo-account/

During its financial results briefing, Nintendo touched on its new membership service being created by DeNA. Today, Tatsumi Kimishima revealed the name as “Nintendo Account”.

This information comes from the Wall Street Journal:

Nintendo’s new membership service will be called “Nintendo Account” — it will connect hardware users, as well as PC and smart device users, Mr. Kimishima says.

Kimishima also revealed that the company has plans to use a cloud-based data service to transfer game data between mobile games and console titles.

SPECULATION FOLLOWS
This will probably be integrated into the NX (Whatever that may be). This also seems to feed into the whole "Hybrid" console thing.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care if it's Wii 3 or an alienware-killer with a regular controller, I WANT GAMES! 1st Party, 2nd party, 3rd party, Independent party! The next console has to be a games mecca, a 3rd party paradise, an indie haven, and a first party powerhouse. It has to be so easy to program for that dev's couldn't afford not to port.

Throw in multimedia, and you got a ringer. ITS 2015, NINTENDO! GAMERS WANT MULTIMEDIA IN THEIR CONSOLES!!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, I'm aware of Miitomo and Nintendo Account, but I'm going to wait to update the OP until after tomorrow when we get more official information from Nintendo rather than just live blogging from stockholders

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't care if it's Wii 3 or an alienware-killer with a regular controller, I WANT GAMES! 1st Party, 2nd party, 3rd party, Independent party! The next console has to be a games mecca, a 3rd party paradise, an indie haven, and a first party powerhouse. It has to be so easy to program for that dev's couldn't afford not to port.

Throw in multimedia, and you got a ringer. ITS 2015, NINTENDO! GAMERS WANT MULTIMEDIA IN THEIR CONSOLES!!

THIS! This comment right here!!! This is the comment nintendo will completely contradict when making the new console.

Korin

Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly hope the new Zelda is being delayed so it can be Wii U / NX the same way Twilight Princess was Wii and GCN. At least it would give me something to play on the NX that I will inevitably end up buying if it plays games at all.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would they. A large portion of advanced linux users knows how to run android apps on their desktop, though not with perfect interface.
I honestly hope the new Zelda is being delayed so it can be Wii U / NX the same way Twilight Princess was Wii and GCN. At least it would give me something to play on the NX that I will inevitably end up buying if it plays games at all.
Maybe you can get a free nx copy if you get the wii u one.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Total baseless speculation about what the name NX could stand for:

I would read the X as "cross" the same way as the X in XSS means cross (XSS = Cross Site Scripting BTW)

And I think that the NX platform is rather the project code for Nintendo Cross platform

It would go along nicely with all we know about the NX system....

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As of amd's claim quad core zen is the counterpart of i3, not i7 (which you can get an i3 for $150 with hd 530, so the high-end semi-custom amd chip should be below $200). That means nx would be even cheaper, or more powerful.
The nx version will probably be a year later.

Last edited by Yil,

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
As of amd's claim quad core zen is the counterpart of i3, not i7 (which you can get an i3 for $150 with hd 530, so the high-end semi-custom amd chip should be below $200). That means nx would be even cheaper, or more powerful.
The nx version will probably be a year later.
I just want sth that is ahead of the times. Not equal with current gen, as the wiiU aimed to be.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I miss the days were Nintendo actually tried to make their consoles more powerful compared to others of the same generation.

The Nintendo Gamecube is truly the last "good" console they made.

Not implying that the Wii was not successful, but underpowered. Same for the WiiU.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I miss the days were Nintendo actually tried to make their consoles more powerful compared to others of the same generation.

Not implying that the Wii was not successful, but underpowered. Same for the WiiU.
I am afraid those days have passed. Nintendo need to realize that they will not be able to compete with the likes of apple in terms of tech and funding, but that their true strength is reputation and a solid fan base composed of more thoughtful population which they are sacrificing both for fast money until nintendo kills itself. There is no second chance in today's tech world for nintendo.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just want sth that is ahead of the times. Not equal with current gen, as the wiiU aimed to be.
The nx will be more powerful than a typical modern $500 desktop.
Expect the processing power of an old 47w i7 and two iris pro 6200.

Last edited by Yil,

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country

More powerful =/= better. The Wii was underpowered, sure, but it was well designed and well thought out. Wii U is fairly well designed but awfully thought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since