Not open for further replies.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Links/sauce/source?

Sorry about my previous posts but the new handheld is more likely to pack 4 cores from mediatek than 2 k12 cores from amd. The thing is that new 3ds packs 4 arm11 cores, which for certain game to run (using 3 or 4 thread, such as xenoblade chronicle 3d), there must be four cores to simulate 3ds games properly. Unless amd somehow manage to lower the production cost, we will not get a new handheld as fast as the lastest iphone.
The new handheld might ditch cartridges.
What do you mean by as fast as the latest iphone?
No carts? I doubt it.

Oh, thanks for bringing me back to this thread, as there's another new rumor that recently popped up; the NX "portable" is going to be launched in 2016 after E3, but the Wii U will not be replaced until 2017. Until then, there may only be a refresh, if anything, but it will have at least one more major update to make it compatible with the NX OS (not necessarily replace the current OS, though). On top of that, the portable may or may not be backwards compatible with 3DS titles, depending on how drastic of a hardware difference it is (it will likely at least modestly outspec the Vita)
This sounds about right, but I doubt the portable wouldn't have backwards compatibility. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that includes DS games too.
Not sure if I'm the only one, but I think the NX is a 3DS replacement, not a Wii U one.
I'm pretty sure it is both eventually, as two separate, yet really close hardwares.

Gamecube controllers shows Nintendo has accepted that). The trackwheel triggers would be nice (and would be a proper alternative to analog triggers), but Nintendo really needs to make sure that the name they pick makes it clear it is a different console (I believe there's a procedure called "focus groups" or something like that)
Unless they are making a Gamecube controller with a touchscreen on it, I don't think they accepted anything.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Links/sauce/source?

What do you mean by as fast as the latest iphone?
No carts? I doubt it.

This sounds about right, but I doubt the portable wouldn't have backwards compatibility. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that includes DS games too.
I'm pretty sure it is both eventually, as two separate, yet really close hardwares.

Unless they are making a Gamecube controller with a touchscreen on it, I don't think they accepted anything.
K12 can, according to amd, run at least as fast as a9, if not a10 or beyond in single core.
Why not, they does not supply any horsepower or speed.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K12 can, according to amd, run at least as fast as a9, if not a10 or beyond in single core.
Why not, they does not supply any horsepower or speed.

Then that would mean the NX Portable will have to come out late 2017. The K12 won't be released to manufacturers until 2017. So a 2016 after E3 release wouldn't make sense if that's the microprocessor they're using.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then that would mean the NX Portable will have to come out late 2017. The K12 won't be released to manufacturers until 2017. So a 2016 after E3 release wouldn't make sense if that's the microprocessor they're using.
It is possibly powered by zen. It is not clear which one will come first.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rumors from a reliable source say the portable will release first after E3 2016 and that the hardware will be nothing particularly mindblowing
Four core zen is not that mind blowing compared to octal core Jaguar.
Nor is 10 unit gcn 2.0 to 18 unit gcn 1.0.
But the price will be considerably lower even with 8GB hbm2, which provide both speed and lantacy advantage.
Curses, puma +.

Last edited by Yil,
D

Deleted User

A Wii U Pro controller/N64 controller hybrid (think slightly wider, 3 pronged procontroller with an extra analog stick and trigger on the middle prong and 6 buttons where abxy are) with a N64 controller pak slot since often N64 VC is lacking due to a lack of controller accessory or converting N64 control schemes to 2 pronged controllers. The controller pak slot could also be used for original NX accessories.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Wii U Pro controller/N64 controller hybrid (think slightly wider, 3 pronged procontroller with an extra analog stick and trigger on the middle prong and 6 buttons where abxy are) with a N64 controller pak slot since often N64 VC is lacking due to a lack of controller accessory or converting N64 control schemes to 2 pronged controllers. The controller pak slot could also be used for original NX accessories.
That sounds like the ugliest piece of sh*t I've ever heard of

I must go photoshop this now

Reactions: Yil

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
That's the best joke I've read today.

Thinking cold. if the NX is indeed real then I think is more software than hardware. Iwata only said it's "a dedicated game platform" and a platform can be either software or hardware (or both).
Maybe a unique, more lightweight OS for 3DS and Wii U, kind of how the PSP and PS3 both had the same interface. who knows.

D

Deleted User

That sounds like the ugliest piece of sh*t I've ever heard of
Does N64 controller with triggers accompanying L and R, an analog stick accompanying the Dpad and another analog stick accompanying the 6 face buttons sound better?

That's the best joke I've read today.
I never joke about the N64. N64, GB/C and GBA VC will always be disappointing untill Nintendo stops giving us these downgraded editions unlike with SNES and NES VC (except Duck Hunt but that's a TV ergo third party issue)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The talk from Nin slightly before/around the NX 'unveil' time was unified hardware - now there's reports of the NX being released next summer, and featuring a gamepad similar (but perhaps smaller) than the Wii U's... if this is the case, and this is of course pure speculation from me, it could even be an online subscription service like PlayStation Now, playing games in the same league as PS4/XO titles (PS4 games are apparently coming to PS Now remember), and theoretically could allow for not only 'NX only games', but also both Wii U and 3DS titles too... and playable not only on maybe a cheaper, almost streaming only version of the Wii U, but the actual Wii U and 3DS too.... throw in a couple of free Wii U and/or 3DS games every month ala Plus/Gold and bingo: no massive risky hardware launch... Wii U owners kept happy, etc.
--Not saying this WILL happen by any means :lol:, but you never know!
Wahey, quoting myself! :lol:
Just tried Playstation Now (the monthly sub launched in the UK yesterday - 7 day free trial available) ......And I hope I'm wrong! How shit is PS Now?! I've got 76Mb internet, ethernet cable directly plugged into my PS4, no other activity at the time of trying, and both timing & lag was all over the place. Image looked poor, you name it and I didn't like it.... Granted is was an improvement over the shambles that was onlive/gaikai back in the day, but clearly this isn't working to a respectable level (and £12.99 per month? They can feck off!)
So unless there's some fancy new kit coming in the next 6 months that'll make the streaming process, y'know, worth it (and Sony/Nintendo will start using right away) - yeah I hope I'm dead wrong with this idea! :lol:

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it is some kind of hybrid though I highly doubt nintendo would bother with power8. 8-core power 8 has a total of 64 threads, which most 3a developers (I am taking about you, EA and activision) are not skilled enough to even use 4 or 5 threads, and again extra coding for a high end server chip that most people have not played with at all. Besides, power 8 is pricy compared to even intel xeon which amd clearly offers the better choice. There is also some indication that Nintendo might be behind Bleen.
Game wise nintendo can set a new quality standard for mobile games and kill some bad indie studio, cross the bridge between handheld and smartphone, set standard for cross-platform/ console/ handheld games, and above all earn some profit, restore faith in wii u users and continue the legacy of the golden age.
Somehow only nintendo knows how to make game with both high play value and epicness.

Last edited by Yil,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.