Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this was based on a patent? the form factors are just too much, i feel they always go for a sleek easy to take on the go design
Nah, but this is the kind of thing you get for mh to double as a vr headset. It just don't look right.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, but this is the kind of thing you get for mh to double as a vr headset. It just don't look right.

yea but when i said mobile vr, i meant how you can just stick a phone on your face because rumor has it that nintendo might bring in tactus controllers

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yea but when i said mobile vr, i meant how you can just stick a phone on your face because rumor has it that nintendo might bring in tactus controllers
The tactus rumor is much more viable. I should had that post on around page 46 but it matters little right now. And sharp can supply the soft and irregular shaped screen so it is not torn when the buttons press up(though force touch is also a possibility, and androids can copy tactus any minute after the announcement of nx). But again the devs might be too lazy to utilize the incredible controller, or it can end up like the wii u.
It's a terrible day outside, Yil is trolling, Nintendo is s***ting. On days like these, companies like Activision, will be rid from this world.
Either way, Nintendo will play a hand in the future of consoles.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tactus rumor is much more viable. I should had that post on around page 46 but it matters little right now. And sharp can supply the soft and irregular shaped screen so it is not torn when the buttons press up(though force touch is also a possibility, and androids can copy tactus any minute after the announcement of nx). But again the devs might be too lazy to utilize the incredible controller, or it can end up like the wii u.
It's a terrible day outside, Yil is trolling, Nintendo is s***ting. On days like these, companies like Activision, will be rid from this world.
Either way, Nintendo will play a hand in the future of consoles.

to me, nintendo has already quit with the dedicated home cosoles based on all the rumors and speculations, im not saying they wont make a home console but it wont be the only one

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today Doom announced that it had added Vulcan Support, which uses the cores more efficiently and renders games much faster and smoother with higher framerates. We know that the Nintend NX will have Vulcan support, so what does this mean? well for one, the minimum specs for Doom (ps4 equivalent)are still needed to run with vulcan,the video was run at the max i believe. So with that in mind its all but confirmed the NX is much more powerful than the PS4 already

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So today Doom announced that it had added Vulcan Support, which uses the cores more efficiently and renders games much faster and smoother with higher framerates. We know that the Nintend NX will have Vulcan support, so what does this mean? well for one, the minimum specs for Doom (ps4 equivalent)are still needed to run with vulcan,the video was run at the max i believe. So with that in mind its all but confirmed the NX is much more powerful than the PS4 already
Sorpio is using dx12, ps4 might use vulkan (sony have a even lower api) and nx is gerunteed to use it which means they are all much faster than current dx11 pcs but this does not make much of a difference. And all three can use vulkan if needed and sony is part of the dev. Even nvidia support the api which make a 940m able to handle Crisis 3.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorpio is using dx12, ps4 might use vulkan (sony have a even lower api) and nx is gerunteed to use it which means they are all much faster than current dx11 pcs but this does not make much of a difference. And all three can use vulkan if needed and sony is part of the dev. Even nvidia support the api which make a 940m able to handle Crisis 3.

i dont see any game worth buying a Sorpio or Neo for tho, thats the problem with recent games. people didnt buy farcry primal, or assassins creed syndicate, and they booed Call of Duty:IW of all games.... People are just getting tired of these same video games that they get excited for a Battefield remake and call of duty remaster.... i was at a gas station this weekend and it as PACKED, they were all playing pokemon Go and they were all 40+yrs old, nobody was getting gas except me. There arent ANY big summer games this year, its insane

D

Deleted User

Have you updated this thread in a while? You might want to add that VR support is a rumor.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So first turns out classic sibscribtion thing is legit though I would appretiate snes more.
Second Miyamoto or some other official state that nx would be done much earlier if it was just hardware.
Does anyone think the classic subscription will be like xbox life gold where you get permament access to one or two each month in addition to the rest while undersubcription?
Also megaman will make a return after the disaster.
Does anyone think golden sun will make a return?
I really hope nintendo could release how much more it is appreciated in the west by classic gamers than in Japan.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe you are mistaken. The NES Classic is a $60 stand-alone console with 30 games preinstalled. It does not connect to the Internet, and you cannot purchase or download more games to play on it.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you are mistaken. The NES Classic is a $60 stand-alone console with 30 games preinstalled. It does not connect to the Internet, and you cannot purchase or download more games to play on it.

i heard it WILL have cartridges and those cartidges will be compatible with NX

Reactions: Yil

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Futurdreamz
That does not mean nx cannot have it.
Or that there is no way of adding games. You can add games online back in the 90s with a computer.
I wonder if the new console is more nes or fc, or if they are simulated. Also if they actually manufacture older parts with new nodes/soc.

Last edited by Yil,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo has explicitly said the NES Classic has no network capabilities, cannot be upgraded, and the "flap" doesn't open. The NES Classic comes with 30 games and will only ever have 30 games. No cartridge support at all, and I'm only speculating that it might be hackable.

Yil seemed to be under the impression that Nintendo had announced a $60 subscription service to NES games for the NX, and I was attempting to clarify that was not the case.

Reactions: Deleted User

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if these tegra x2 rumores are true i wonder how it'll work. Tegra was a place holder chip for the 3ds and the 3ds didnt have tegra power, so its all very confusing right now...

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if these tegra x2 rumores are true i wonder how it'll work. Tegra was a place holder chip for the 3ds and the 3ds didnt have tegra power, so its all very confusing right now...
Just a tablet with odd shapes and physical controls. By the way tegra x2 is stated to have 1.5 times graphic power of ipad pro 12 (ipad air 2 is on par with tegra x1) and fast custom arm core 'Denver'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up