Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
remember when namco bandai was making a game for nintendo then they said they were makin a new ip instead of dark souls 4?...
(something brewing?)

they take about one year to make a 'souls' game so march would be right on near the dot
Project treasure. By the way Bandai is Japan's EA.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is... we can all look only at the specs, "but ps4 has this this and this too'(same specs).
BUT ps4 is limiting the games for the old ps4 which causes extra work for devs, they might decline and go straight to nintendo with their new ips(highly unlikely too).

REMEMBER, nx isnt going to be unviel early because they have a feature they consider "UNSEEN IN CONSOLE GAMING" (potentially mind blowing)

(Im think AR like "tupac at coachella") unless its just TRUE console/handheld hyrid
BOTH ARE AWESOME ONE OR THE OTHER, OR BOTH COMBINED

They probably WILL sell this item WITH console in box.

D

Deleted User

gUISE I FOUND A LEAKED PICTURE DOn'T TELL MIYAMOTO

Attachments

• The NX.jpg
    The NX.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 518

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think nx will be shown at e3 because its a concept not just one game console system. rumor has it something ill have a nvidia tegra chip in it. Could nintendo be delving into the tablet/phone business?

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont think nx will be shown at e3 because its a concept not just one game console system. rumor has it something ill have a nvidia tegra chip in it. Could nintendo be delving into the tablet/phone business?
Both ds and 3ds use arm, and so does ps vita. Why cannot nx? It's much better than the alternative that just slightly more powerful than ps4 but a generation behind ps4k and xbox 1.5.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both ds and 3ds use arm, and so does ps vita. Why cannot nx? It's much better than the alternative that just slightly more powerful than ps4 but a generation behind ps4k and xbox 1.5.
Honestly, it would make a LOT of sense for Nintendo to use an ARM based Tigra processor, because ARM can be scaled up and overclocked to be used for home consoles. The only issue would be usability for current game programmers, but ARM would beat out PPC on that front any day of the week

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, it would make a LOT of sense for Nintendo to use an ARM based Tigra processor, because ARM can be scaled up and overclocked to be used for home consoles. The only issue would be usability for current game programmers, but ARM would beat out PPC on that front any day of the week
7nm Power9 might still be viable. But those are super expansive. And the cooling part, though adding something in a hub is not a terrible idea.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
7nm Power9 might still be viable. But those are super expansive. And the cooling part, though adding something in a hub is not a terrible idea.

Why would they choose to use Power instead of x86_64?
x86_64 is used on PS4, XOne and PC, so it makes easier to port games and use the best the hardware can offer since it's been used for decades in gaming industry.
AMD also seems to have the best offers for consoles performance/price wise, no wonder both PS4 and XOne use Jaguar.

That seems to be a shoot at their feet.
No way Tegra can keep up with PS4 and XOne.
It's probably gonna be too expensive for a handheld and too expensive for a console, making it a failure on both.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
x86_64 is used on PS4, XOne and PC, so it makes easier to port games and use the best the hardware can offer since it's been used for decades in gaming industry.
AMD also seems to have the best offers for consoles performance/price wise, no wonder both PS4 and XOne use Jaguar.

It's probably gonna be too expensive for a handheld and too expensive for a console, making it a failure on both.

Nintndi still thinks they arent in direct competition even though they want the same games sony/mcst has...

but im sure N is going to release more than just a home console and handheld this time

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Because it's rediculously expansive and unnecessary.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're forgetting the part about "Pascal based", which could yield some pretty wild specs for the price depending on how they decide to adapt it to their mobile SoCs

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're forgetting the part about "Pascal based", which could yield some pretty wild specs for the price depending on how they decide to adapt it to their mobile SoCs
Tegra p1 will have more than 1teraflop of single point. Though that will be in 2017, and nvidia can still double the gpu size compared tp normal tegra p1 under 20w budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...