Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my personal opinion, Nintendo is already like EA. they dont really try to step their game up unless its absolutely necessary just milking series after series. Porting the same games to NX while never adding anything new or new play modes. They really wanted to reset their games and gravitate it towards small children and they realized it just doesnt work that way anymore like it did in the 80s early 90s. A lot of the wiiu games were nintendo/super nintendo games just reimagined with newer tech and could have easily been better games on the handheld. Small children gravitate toward mobile (minecraft, angry birds) while older people stat using everthing else

I have have high hopes for the NX console itself, seeing that its supposed to be powerful and cheap at the same time. BUT i dont really have any hope for any of the first party games except for Pokemon

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably has been brought up somewhere before but i saw a cat xing sign and i thought
The Nintendo Cross? THE NX

Animal X-ing
Project X Zone
Cross play on multiple platforms?
χ-blade (ki blade)

Is crossplay consider hybrid to some people, is it not considered a hybrid to others?
Pokemon coming out in 2016, is the controller/handheld portion going to release first (if seperate)?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably has been brought up somewhere before but i saw a cat xing sign and i thought
The Nintendo Cross? THE NX

Animal X-ing
Project X Zone
Cross play on multiple platforms?
χ-blade (ki blade)

Is crossplay consider hybrid to some people, is it not considered a hybrid to others?
Pokemon coming out in 2016, is the controller/handheld portion going to release first (if seperate)?
I believe that the "Nintendo Cross/Hybrid" rumors went hand in hand as soon as the NX was announced, but yes, that still seems like the most likely rumor today

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo Chupacabra
Nintendo Liger
Nintendos Cerberus
Nintendo Hawk (named after stephen hawking the human/machine hybrid)

I can see this things name goin down as an animal.

Reactions: vinipeix

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo made 4.5 billion dollars.
Sony made 4.5 billion on psn plus alone.

If nintendo does a premium program it wont reach 4.5bil. It would also be a disaster for nintendo too if team 'anonymous' decides "lets whoop that network ass". Too late in the game to decide now to add it in for the NX if they didnt come up with a plan already.

D

Deleted User

I hope to see Star Fox 0 remade on the NX with fixed controls and better graphics. Will that happen? Possibly, but might have to wait a few years.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo made 4.5 billion dollars.
Sony made 4.5 billion on psn plus alone.

If nintendo does a premium program it wont reach 4.5bil. It would also be a disaster for nintendo too if team 'anonymous' decides "lets whoop that network ass". Too late in the game to decide now to add it in for the NX if they didnt come up with a plan already.
The beauty of MyNintendo is that by its digital nature basically anything can be merged into it. The fact that they have recognized that Google+, Twitter, and Facebook actually exist and can be used as login methods has shown that they actually FINALLY have someone competent (DeNA) in charge of their online infrastructure. Again, I have high hopes for the NX because of recent shifts in company make-up. It's looking like it COULD be what the Wii U WANTED to be, but never was due to very stupid missteps early on in its lifespan

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,
Reactions: gameboy

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope to see Star Fox 0 remade on the NX with fixed controls and better graphics. Will that happen? Possibly, but might have to wait a few years.

Just go and buy star fox 64 3ds, its almost the exact same game with controls that can be normal. Nintendo shouldnt waste money to bring and reproduce it for nx imo. Just bring starfox as a free to play ps4 Warthunder type game.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason for a free-form Handheld?...........

IT'LL DOUBLE NOT ONLY AS A HANDHELD BUT THEYLL SELL AN ACCESSORY THAT CAME MAKE IT DOUBLE AS VR!!!

(my own conclusions after seeing a htc vive and the patent for the handheld)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the rumored sized is about the size of the eye area of someones face, and the curved form factor makes all the sense in the world. clear buttons, add in its own processor and BAM, VR!

This controller patent also makes logical sense if the handheld/controller could also triple as a VR headset

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-files-patent-application-for-new-controller.424200/

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason for a free-form Handheld?...........

IT'LL DOUBLE NOT ONLY AS A HANDHELD BUT THEYLL SELL AN ACCESSORY THAT CAME MAKE IT DOUBLE AS VR!!!

(my own conclusions after seeing a htc vive and the patent for the handheld)

the rumored sized is about the size of the eye area of someones face, and the curved form factor makes all the sense in the world. clear buttons, add in its own processor and BAM, VR!

This controller patent also makes logical sense if the handheld/controller could also triple as a VR headset

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-files-patent-application-for-new-controller.424200/
While I think it's possible, I don't think it's LIKELY that a controller would double as a headset, because it doesn't seem like a very good business model to make people buy two of the exact same thing to be used in completely different ways just to be able to play a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8