Homebrew Basehaxx not installing correctly

Aidanbutt72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 3ds running LumaCFW on 11.2. The download link on the official basehaxx site is broken, so I downloaded it from a (trusted) german site (Not sure if I can link it, please tell me if I can).

I tried to install it for my New 3ds which I bought running stock 11.4 (rip). When I open basehaxx, it says Pokemon AS 1.0 detected, even though I have the update version 1.4 installed.
I chose New3DS-11.4-0-37U
It proceeded to download, then install, to be brought to an error screen that says "Failed to embed payload" (I assume because it thinks its a 1.0 game).

Then, I tried adding an XML with this in it:
Code:
<targets selectable="true">
</targets>

Now when I try to run it, it pops up with a message saying "This homebrew exploit does not have support for launching applications under target titles. Please use a different exploit."

What should I do?

Last edited by Aidanbutt72,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soundhax isnt compatible with 11.4. Did you read my whole post?
when i read it over i didnt see the O3DS was allready set up w/ CFW. i suppose if the O3DS has a compatable Legit copy of any of teh usable DSiware titles you can do the dsiware method. otherwise i think only hardmods work for now. atleast untill ntrboothax is released/

Aidanbutt72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i read it over i didnt see the O3DS was allready set up w/ CFW. i suppose if the O3DS has a compatable Legit copy of any of teh usable DSiware titles you can do the dsiware method. otherwise i think only hardmods work for now. atleast untill ntrboothax is released/
I'm not trying to get CFW on the target 3ds, just the HBLauncher. Am I mistaken that basehaxx is compatible with 11.4?

Aidanbutt72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not on a vanilla system i think they do work on a Alrready CFW'd system as luma at the updates for 11.4 Restored some exploit entrypoints.
Just tested, it also didnt work when trying to install it for Old3DS-11.2-0-35U. I think something else is wrong.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested, it also didnt work when trying to install it for Old3DS-11.2-0-35U. I think something else is wrong.
i've sene more or less renaming the payload. hmmm have you made sure to delete the Update data? as for ideas elsewise to make this work for you i'm out of reach from just quick googlin. (i'm currently playing FFXIV atm, outside suggesting getting a copy of Cubic Ninja or a cart of OOT3D, not sure what to tell ya,) Maybe someone else who is more knowledgeable can help you.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It worked after downgrading my 3ds to 11.0.
Apparently its not compatible with a source 3ds running 11.2
According to 3DS.guide it works up to, and including 11.3. Yet the basehax page itself says it only works up to, and including 11.1.

I think some entry points haven't officially been updated, but can be used on later firmwares by simply renaming the payloads.

@Plailect is this the case with basehax?

Aidanbutt72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to 3DS.guide it works up to, and including 11.3. Yet the basehax page itself says it only works up to, and including 11.1.

I think some entry points haven't officially been updated, but can be used on later firmwares by simply renaming the payloads.

@Plailect is this the case with basehax?
I think the installer is the one with compatibility issues, and some sites only show the post-installed exploit
Edit:
I also heard something about PokeBank needed for newer versions. Can someone confirm this?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the installer is the one with compatibility issues, and some sites only show the post-installed exploit
Edit:
I also heard something about PokeBank needed for newer versions. Can someone confirm this?
No you don't need PokeBank for any versions of Basehax, just a base with a team name. You're correct in assuming it's the installer that doesn't work above 11.1. That's true for a number of game exploits, especially OOT3DHax. Anyway, it might work on 11.4 if it has an updated firmware option in the installer itself. Only thing is there are no robpin payloads past 11.3 for O3DS models.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1