Hacking bare minimum for usb loading

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a friend whose mrs will not agree to modding their wii, she is scared that something will go wrong if its modded. However she is quite happy for me to take my wii, hdd etc to their house and play all my games. This is annoying, having to pack up all my stuff every time we have a wii party.

Basically what i am wondering is....What would be the bare minimum i would need to do to their wii to enable usb loading? That way i would only have to take my hard drive which is much easier.

I know id need to install 1 or 2 cIOS which would be permanant, and i know id need to have a loader on their sd card.

I just wanna install as little as possible on their wii.

D

Deleted-171178

cIOS 249 and the USB loader app.
Why not install Bootmii IOS and use SNEEK?
You can tell her how safe it is.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The minimum is a cIOS only.
But before that, you need at least 1 Trucha patched IOS or the cIOS won't install.

I guess the best thing for you to do is to use bannerbomb to load DOP-Mii and install a patched IOS36. Then run cIOS installer.

Still, I'd install the HBC as that has a brick chance of 0.00000000000000000000001%
tongue.gif
(and it's easy to remove)

nikeymikey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So basically i can use bannerbomb to launch the cios installer, i would install hermes 222/3 cos i use fat32 on my hdd, and then use banner bomb to launch the loader, NO homebrew channel needed? I know id have to use their pc to rename the dols for use with bannerbomb.

Edit: cheers tj for the trucha bug reminder. It is a new wii Xmas 09 will that make a difference?

So on the sd I'd need: bannerbomb, dop ios, cios installer and a loader. Just have to swap dols between each step.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It depends mostly on what system menu version they have.
  • 3.2/Lower: You can simply run the cIOS installer with bannerbomb.
  • 3.3 - 4.1: Restore Trucha in IOS36, run cIOS Installer
  • 4.2: Restore Trucha, remove Stubs, run cIOS Installer

rmbell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They don't even need a loader, just a cios. Install a forwarder channel for the loader, and just place the loader on your hdd under usb:/apps/whatever

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But consider the imho greatest danger:

If there is or was homebrew on the wii nintendo practically refuses all repairs, paid and warranty

nikeymikey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It works fine......... While i was at their house today, she went out for a while so i slipped in my memory card, restored the trucha bug to ios 36, removed the stubs and installed cios 222 and 223. Then i ran the loader from bannerbomb and hey presto it worked.

When she came home me and her hubby just said it was a new type of mod that doesnt require you to install anything to the wii, it all works from the memory card.
laugh.gif

D

Deleted-171178

Why not install Bootmii and SNEEK as well?
And use some Bootmii loader to reboot into SNEEK from Bannerbomb?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1