Homebrew Question Banned switch and local play

Starkgod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, all. My switch was recently banned. Before this, I was able to communicate locally with a 2nd switch. I have noticed since my ban that I am no longer able to. (The banned switch never gets the little 'L' to signify that it is communicating locally). A few Google searches have told me that being banned shouldn't effect this. And yet it seems to.

For reference, I am on the latest version of atmosphere. Latest firmware. Ive tried with 2 different titles and the results are the same. Any ideas to fix this?

Starkgod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello !

I have a banned switch on SX OS and a non banned switch lite. I can play in Animal Crossing on Local play

Thanks for the reply! Then perhaps the ban isn't the issue? I have tried countless different setting and configurations, but the switch in question refuses to go into local mode. I am at a loss, honestly.

severhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It's possible that you are not on the same game version, try updating your game to the latest version, that or sync your version with the other local switch

Starkgod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that you are not on the same game version, try updating your game to the latest version, that or sync your version with the other local switch

I thought this too. But confirmed I am on the same current versions of both games I tested. It really seems like the switch with atmosphere on it refuses to communicate locally for some reason.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
That’s a bummer sorry to here that but 2xbanned switchs! have you any idea what led to the ban and how long did it take before you was banned? and please the truth, not just I loaded cfw up and I was banned you must have some idea what triggered it thanks

Last edited by Reecey,

Starkgod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s a bummer sorry to here that but 2xbanned switchs! have you any idea what led to the ban and how long did it take before you was banned? and please the truth, not just I loaded cfw up and I was banned you must have some idea what triggered it thanks

Are you asking why my switch is banned? I went online with it. I didn't really care if it got banned. Thats not exactly my issue here, though...

Starkgod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update! I figured out the issue. I had a plugin I was able to access within hb menu called 'idnmitm cfg'. Apparently this is used to enable Lan for things like xlink. Disabling this plugin returned normal local play function to my switch. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. Hope this helps someone.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you asking why my switch is banned? I went online with it. I didn't really care if it got banned. Thats not exactly my issue here, though...
Yes that’s what I was asking so you got banned for just going online in cfw? bullshit. Why can’t people tell the truth when it comes to being banned..

I genuinely wanted to know for research reasons I couldn’t care less what you did.

Last edited by Reecey,

ItsMeWario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I also got my Switch banned (not entirely sure how tbh, decided I was going to buy Animal Crossing and just play legit online and not use SX OS anymore - updated everything and went online to see I was banned!! Then SX OS wouldn’t work because I had updated too high so I tried to roll back - yea I know how stupid that is NOW - by going to my back up and now the Switch won’t turn on normally and ONLY works through SX OS. Totally not what I’m here for but if anyone know how I can sort this I would be so grateful! I have already updated with ChoiDujour to the version I updated the Switch once Executer released an update hoping this would sort it but no luck). Yea, I’m such a fool, messing with things I have no knowledge of, my bro normally does it for me but haven’t been able to see him so tried myself Lesson learnt.

Anyway, so the reason I am here: I bought a new Switch so I could play games online and just when I like a game and want to play it a lot I feel I should buy it. I want to play ACNH locally with the new legit Switch and the banned one using SXOS but I am really scared the virgin Switch will get banned for associating with a banned Switch. It sounds a bit harsh for them to do that but it’s still a worry. Does anyone have any reassuring words for me or even some horror stories of Switches getting banned for linking to banned consoles?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for any help :)

yeaaaa... think I just found my answer in the similar thread section below sorry about that. Would still appreciate your thoughts though - especially if anyone can point in any direction with my issue of not being able to use the Switch normally, only is SXOS.

Last edited by ItsMeWario,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that’s what I was asking so you got banned for just going online in cfw? bullshit. Why can’t people tell the truth when it comes to being banned..

I genuinely wanted to know for research reasons I couldn’t care less what you did.
that's not how you get people to open and honest. a simple "did you play any online games, use the store, or play any games that'd automatically connect to nintendo servers?" or something would be better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny