ROM Hack Ban risking using old saves on new unit?

theinternetnomad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I recently got system banned on my launch switch console, I was just wondering, if I purchase a new switch, unlink my account from my banned switch, sign in to my new console, update and then use something like checkpoint to restore my old data, would that get me banned? I would avoid games like Splatoon 2, and anything online. I mostly just want my mario odyssey, octopath and Zelda data.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you were online with those saves yes, you will get banned, not from the saves themselves, but from the homebrew usage and what not. Don't want to be banned don't go online. You can still export them to other systems just only ones that can take that data in properly (aka a hacked switch)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you could try to use the cloud save feature but I don't know how elevated your ban is and if it';; get worse

theinternetnomad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you were online with those saves yes, you will get banned, not from the saves themselves, but from the homebrew usage and what not. Don't want to be banned don't go online. You can still export them to other systems just only ones that can take that data in properly (aka a hacked switch)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you could try to use the cloud save feature but I don't know how elevated your ban is and if it';; get worse

Hmm, so say, going offline fully, injecting my old mario save data, then going online would still equate to a ban? even if I use the homebrew offline. I think the reason I got banned initially is because I played splatoon 2 online, but I wonder if the same holds true for just single player titles with modified/ injected saves.

Stunx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my 2nd switch a couple weeks before online service launched, I wanted my saves from my first switch (legit). I went airplane mode, threw my hacked SD card contents into the legit switch and used Edizon to extract all my saves. I turned off switch and restored my SD card to it's previous state (I may have just used the hacked switch's SD card, I don't remember).

I've updated and used the online service since then and have been golden.

Reactions: theinternetnomad

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, so say, going offline fully, injecting my old mario save data, then going online would still equate to a ban? even if I use the homebrew offline. I think the reason I got banned initially is because I played splatoon 2 online, but I wonder if the same holds true for just single player titles with modified/ injected saves.
We can't tell what they're checking for exactly. At some point a ban is inevitable if you go online without a clean nand

theinternetnomad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my 2nd switch a couple weeks before online service launched, I wanted my saves from my first switch (legit). I went airplane mode, threw my hacked SD card contents into the legit switch and used Edizon to extract all my saves. I turned off switch and restored my SD card to it's previous state (I may have just used the hacked switch's SD card, I don't remember).

I've updated and used the online service since then and have been golden.

Thank you! Just to clarify, you just took the SD from the old hacked switch, launched Edizone on the new switch and were able to browse and inject your old switch saves to your new console? Or did you have to manually back-up with Edizone first?

Stunx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Just to clarify, you just took the SD from the old hacked switch, launched Edizone on the new switch and were able to browse and inject your old switch saves to your new console? Or did you have to manually back-up with Edizone first?

My old such is my legit switch, I copy and pasted the contents of my hacked switch's SD card to my legit switch's SD card and then launched a payload with the jig in and then opened Edizon to extract saves. All while in airplane mode.

I then turned off the legit switch, transferred the saves to the other switch, deleted the hacked contents from the legit switch's SD card and just to be safe kept the legit switch in airplane mode for a week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz