Baikal kernel for CUH-7215B 9.00 with USB network dongle support

Jackorsomethingg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I use this kernel, the power button on my ps4 slim turns blue, but the screen stays black and says no signal. Normally when I try other kernels that don't work the power button stays grey but since it's blue I think it's starting? If anyone knows how to get this to work please respond!

Jackorsomethingg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I use this kernel, the power button on my ps4 slim turns blue, but the screen stays black and says no signal. Normally when I try other kernels that don't work the power button stays grey but since it's blue I think it's starting? If anyone knows how to get this to work please respond!
Found out how to use it! I installed an os with the old kernel first, then I replaced the bzimage with the 5.3.18 one.

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought i was stupid or something i am like i have been running linux on ps4 since 4.05 how come i can't anymore. thanks this is prob exactly what i needed!

Falcon_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great work, nice to see the PS4 Pro finally gets Wifi/Bluetooth support.

I have a PS4 Fat, I've tried your Kernel, sadly it's not working for the normal PS4.

I use ITManias Encom Fedora 35 aswell, with the Kernel "5.3.13-xanmod+fsync+DRM3.35+no_kernel_panic", Wifi/Blueooth/Lan works, but it's slow and after some hours Wifi is gone and can't be re-enabled via Settings.
That's why I've tested your Kernel...

I don't know how you've done it for the PS4 Pro, but I guess it would be to much work to do the same Wifi Stick support Kernel magic for the PS4 Fat, xTheRussianx?

hafbtm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great work, nice to see the PS4 Pro finally gets Wifi/Bluetooth support.

I have a PS4 Fat, I've tried your Kernel, sadly it's not working for the normal PS4.

I use ITManias Encom Fedora 35 aswell, with the Kernel "5.3.13-xanmod+fsync+DRM3.35+no_kernel_panic", Wifi/Blueooth/Lan works, but it's slow and after some hours Wifi is gone and can't be re-enabled via Settings.
That's why I've tested your Kernel...

I don't know how you've done it for the PS4 Pro, but I guess it would be to much work to do the same Wifi Stick support Kernel magic for the PS4 Fat, xTheRussianx?
What's up bro, I have a fat 1215 but I can't find any Kernel that works for me, none starts me, only the one that brings the gentoo stock image, but doesn't detect the bluetooth adapter, What Kernel do you use in this fat console?

Last edited by hafbtm,

Falcon_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What's up bro, I have a fat 1215 but I can't find any Kernel that works for me, none starts me, only the one that brings the gentoo stock image, but doesn't detect the bluetooth adapter, What Kernel do you use in this fat console?

Gbatemp don't let me post links :glare:
Search at Youtube for ITMania > channel view > Community - look for the post 10 months ago:
5.3.13-xanmod+fsync+DRM3.35+no_kernel_panic

The older Kernel, also from ITMania (5.3.18) works aswell.

hafbtm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gbatemp no me deja publicar enlaces:destello:
Busque en Youtube ITMania > vista de canal > Comunidad - busque la publicación de hace 10 meses:
5.3.13-xanmod+fsync+DRM3.35+no_kernel_panic

El Kernel más antiguo, también de ITMania (5.3.18) también funciona.
cualwhich do you think is better for fat? and what distro do you use? gentoo is very outdated right?

Falcon_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cualwhich do you think is better for fat? and what distro do you use? gentoo is very outdated right?
5.3.13-xanmod, it's with Fsync and without kernel panic when shutting down/restarting Linux. The older one 5.3.18 is wthout Fsync.

I use Encom (Fedora 35), Catjaro is also good, but the graphic drivers are more frequently updated for Fedora 35 by ITMania.
He's released other dristos, but most of them don't get driver updates, so I stick with Fedora, but otherwise my preference would be Catjaro. Gaming/performancewise and accordingly to ITMania Fedora is the best Linux distro for gaming.
You also might try out Gnome as desktop in Fedora: sudo dnf group install "GNOME Desktop Environment"

Sadly ITmania doesn't care about Wifi dongles support in the Kernel as he uses LAN only and I don't know, how to implent this. I've tried to install a Wifi dongle, but didn't get it working... Linux is a mess, not like WIndows plug and play...

hafbtm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
5.3.13-xanmod, it's with Fsync and without kernel panic when shutting down/restarting Linux. The older one 5.3.18 is wthout Fsync.

I use Encom (Fedora 35), Catjaro is also good, but the graphic drivers are more frequently updated for Fedora 35 by ITMania.
He's released other dristos, but most of them don't get driver updates, so I stick with Fedora, but otherwise my preference would be Catjaro. Gaming/performancewise and accordingly to ITMania Fedora is the best Linux distro for gaming.
You also might try out Gnome as desktop in Fedora: sudo dnf group install "GNOME Desktop Environment"

Sadly ITmania doesn't care about Wifi dongles support in the Kernel as he uses LAN only and I don't know, how to implent this. I've tried to install a Wifi dongle, but didn't get it working... Linux is a mess, not like WIndows plug and play...
that's true, i'm also new to linux and just getting into it, i have my console on lan all the time by remote play so wifi is no problem for me,The Bluetooth issue is important to me, in gentoo there was no way to make bt work, I will install encom with the Kernel xanmod if there is more luck

hafbtm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
5.3.13-xanmod, es con Fsync y sin kernel panic al apagar/reiniciar Linux. El anterior 5.3.18 no tiene Fsync.

Uso Encom (Fedora 35), Catjaro también es bueno, pero los controladores gráficos se actualizan con más frecuencia para Fedora 35 por ITMania.
Ha lanzado otros dristos, pero la mayoría de ellos no reciben actualizaciones de controladores, así que me quedo con Fedora, pero de lo contrario, mi preferencia sería Catjaro. Juegos/rendimiento y, de acuerdo con ITMania, Fedora es la mejor distribución de Linux para juegos.
También puede probar Gnome como escritorio en Fedora: sudo dnf group install "GNOME Desktop Environment"

Lamentablemente, a ITmania no le importa el soporte de dongles Wifi en el Kernel, ya que solo usa LAN y no sé cómo implementar esto. Intenté instalar un dongle Wifi, pero no funcionó... Linux es un desastre, no como Windows plug and play...
NoThere is no way... I already installed encom and it works fine even lan, but there is no trace of wifi and Bluetooth manager it just closes with the xanmod Kernel

beefstrudel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, please let me know.

USB dongles are a start, but hopefully this will also incentivize someone else to help figure out internal wlan.

I have a 7115B, with your kernel the light turns blue but the screen stays black :sad:
Tried unplugging and replugging HDMI. Its getting stuck I tried to blindly execute the install script but the USB never had any more activity so I assume it actually froze.

The only kernel I can get to work is the 5.3.7 gentoo dirty and the older 4.3 kernels, but I have no ethernet and cant get the USB ethernet dongle working.
No matter what distro or kernel combo I try it always fails to load kernel modules on bootup.
The dongle I'm trying to use has the same realtek chip as yours.

Does the linux loader payload make any difference?
Thanks!!

Visualwit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With This Kernel On My CUH-7215B 9.00, I Get No Signal With The LED Blinking Blue, And Then Purple. I Need Help!

globalc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
fluxcoil.net
XP
Country
Japan
For all who just get the PS4 shining blue/purple and get no signal:
  • try various kernels which are around
  • If possible, try various monitors. I have only one, and it works just fine with the normal PS4-os in 1080p, but with all kernels so far I get no sync. I have a cheap HDMI/usb2 adapter which syncs with the signal, so via that channel I can see the screen. Maybe compiling the kernel with different boot options for the video mode can help here, will try that next.
I've just seen 2 kernels booting on my CUH7200B so far.

Visualwit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Forgot To Mention My USB Keyboard And Mouse Turn Off After Booting, And How Do I Change The Boot Options?

globalc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
fluxcoil.net
XP
Country
Japan
The boot options for these kernels are baked into the kernel while compiling it, so you need to recompile to modify them. If you add the 'debug' option, you might see details on why your keyboard/mouse turn off.

sharkticonnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey does anyone know a fix for every time I start linux I have to type in
exec start-arch.sh
If you got an error like this one: "mount -o ro /newroot failed" just type the following commands:

mount -o ro /newroot
  • then:
exec start-arch.sh

Ive run distros before which would boot straight in but this time I have to type these commands in rescueshell first.

hoping somebody knows commands so it will autoboot. Cheers

beefstrudel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7115B light turns blue for a minute then it reboots. Trying to compile my own kernel but having issues with dependencies on ubuntu. Gonna try it on fedora next.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o