Ryujinx LDN3 with modded switch on different networks

Sno0t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everyone :)
I would love to play with several remote friends (different cities, childhood friends yada yada yada) via Ryujinx/Moddem consoles from different networks.

Setting up the consoles to be able to see each other is no Problem with switch-lan-play and ldn_mitm (Following switch lan plays setup guide)
The Problem is, getting the last of us to join us via Ryujinx.
We know it should be possible with 2 PCs where one acts as the "relay" to be able to connect.
(Still confused, because when changing the network settings on the ryujinx pc, wouldnt the router just fail to let it "into" the net and hence block the connection to the relay-pc?)

But we don't have that second PC and hence tried to find a solution.
Maybe someone with enough network-knowledge can help us out?
The OS is Windows 10

We tried setting up a VLAN-Adapter with the IP,Gateway,etc as described in the switch lan tutorial and then selecting this VLAN-Adapter in Ryujinx.
However, this did not work.
Do we need to add a route somehow?

Is there any way to make this work, maybe with a VM installed on the Windows-Host?

TL;DR:
We would love to have a Single PC setup that runs
- Switch-Lan-Play to enable the Switch to connect to remote switches
- Ryujinx on that same PC and connect to the remote switches as well

Tjhank youn in advance and kind regards.

Sidenote: We stumbled across a software called ForceIPBind, but that seems to "only" enable us to set an IP, but not a gateway,DNS or submask

Kind regards,
Sno0t

EDIT:
See below for what we want..
ryjx.png

Last edited by Sno0t,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone :)
I would love to play with several remote friends (different cities, childhood friends yada yada yada) via Ryujinx/Moddem consoles from different networks.

Setting up the consoles to be able to see each other is no Problem with switch-lan-play and ldn_mitm (Following switch lan plays setup guide)
The Problem is, getting the last of us to join us via Ryujinx.
We know it should be possible with 2 PCs where one acts as the "relay" to be able to connect.
(Still confused, because when changing the network settings on the ryujinx pc, wouldnt the router just fail to let it "into" the net and hence block the connection to the relay-pc?)

But we don't have that second PC and hence tried to find a solution.
Maybe someone with enough network-knowledge can help us out?
The OS is Windows 10

We tried setting up a VLAN-Adapter with the IP,Gateway,etc as described in the switch lan tutorial and then selecting this VLAN-Adapter in Ryujinx.
However, this did not work.
Do we need to add a route somehow?

Is there any way to make this work, maybe with a VM installed on the Windows-Host?

TL;DR:
We would love to have a Single PC setup that runs
- Switch-Lan-Play to enable the Switch to connect to remote switches
- Ryujinx on that same PC and connect to the remote switches as well

Tjhank youn in advance and kind regards.

Sidenote: We stumbled across a software called ForceIPBind, but that seems to "only" enable us to set an IP, but not a gateway,DNS or submask

Kind regards,
Sno0t
A quick and dirty diagram, even in MSPaint, would really be helpful here.

Reactions: Sno0t

Sno0t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I actually managed to get ryujinx create and host a room, that was visible on the switch-lan-play website.
However, I was not able to connect with my Switch that used the same PC as access point.

They could see each other but couldnt connect to each other.

What I did: (You need 2 network adapters)
- Have one network adapter (Ethernet) connect the pc to the internet normally
- Have a second network adapter (WLAN in my case) configured as per switch-lan-play setup
- Have the first one use network metric 1 and the second one metric2 or higher (This just ensures that normal network traffic used the ethernet port)
- Start switch lan play with the "-netif" option and your ethernet device as its parameter
- Start Ryujinx, go into network settings, set to use second network adapter (WLAN in my case)
- Host a game, it will show on switch-lan-play

Next step is to figure out how to connect :/

I will try some othrt thing as soon as one of my remote friends is available :)

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually managed to get ryujinx create and host a room, that was visible on the switch-lan-play website.
However, I was not able to connect with my Switch that used the same PC as access point.

They could see each other but couldnt connect to each other.

What I did: (You need 2 network adapters)
- Have one network adapter (Ethernet) connect the pc to the internet normally
- Have a second network adapter (WLAN in my case) configured as per switch-lan-play setup
- Have the first one use network metric 1 and the second one metric2 or higher (This just ensures that normal network traffic used the ethernet port)
- Start switch lan play with the "-netif" option and your ethernet device as its parameter
- Start Ryujinx, go into network settings, set to use second network adapter (WLAN in my case)
- Host a game, it will show on switch-lan-play

Next step is to figure out how to connect :/

I will try some othrt thing as soon as one of my remote friends is available :)
Yeah, this is a really unique use case. The number of folks that have this specific setup will be slim. I do appreciate the additional information. It will be an interesting solution once you get it figured out.

Sno0t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, this is a really unique use case. The number of folks that have this specific setup will be slim. I do appreciate the additional information. It will be an interesting solution once you get it figured out.

Broken down to the bare essentials, we want ryujinx to talk to the switch-lan-play server(s). Is this really that unique?
Would have thought that this would be rather common as Ryujinx has quite a big fanbase ^^".
But then again, here I am not getting it to work, soooo yeah ;D
A remote friend tried accessing the game created by my ryujinx instance but also to no avail.
I am at the end of this journey (for now).
Getting Ryujinx to show upü on the "open games" on switch-lan-play got me really excited, but I just cant seem to get it to work...

Anyways: Thank you for your responses regarding this.
Hopefully in the future we will be able to play with Ryujinx and switch-lan-play servers/consoles.

Kind regards

Reactions: binkinator

NeVeR_MoRe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am willing to set this up for you and your friends to try. but i prefer discord and idk the rules for posting things like that here. NeVeR MoRe#0001 if this gets me banned, I'm sorry.

Also, what games are you trying to play exactly? so when I make my toolkits, I can ensure I'm optimizing my flow.

Reactions: Sno0t

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am willing to set this up for you and your friends to try. but i prefer discord and idk the rules for posting things like that here. NeVeR MoRe#0001 if this gets me banned, I'm sorry.

Also, what games are you trying to play exactly? so when I make my toolkits, I can ensure I'm optimizing my flow.
Not an instant ban, but your account has definitely been flagged for review.

Kidding!

If you guys do get it working please come back and share what you did!

• Haha
Reactions: NeVeR_MoRe

NeVeR_MoRe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not an instant ban, but your account has definitely been flagged for review.

Kidding!

If you guys do get it working please come back and share what you did!
Oh, for sure I will I am all about sharing info I have been browsing as a normal user for years and just made an account since I was doing this recently myself. I also have been wanting people to try this with people since my switch has been CFW.

Sno0t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Everyone (except me) is away for the holiday(s)
But we could try to set up my (local) switch and local Ryujinx to access a (any) created server (by either you or me)
I am currently on the move. But will send you a request on discord within the next few days.
Big thank you in advance :)

Reactions: NeVeR_MoRe

NeVeR_MoRe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone (except me) is away for the holiday(s)
But we could try to set up my (local) switch and local Ryujinx to access a (any) created server (by either you or me)
I am currently on the move. But will send you a request on discord within the next few days.
Big thank you in advance :)
thank you for the reply. We will make something of this.

AkumaNoYami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i try somethink like that 2 weeks ago
my setup
i have the modded switch
friend try it with Backup on Ryhjinx same city 3 streets away
we made this

buy a Lan Adapter for the Ryujinx PC
Setup Lanplay for the Lan Adapter (10.13.x.x you know)
Switch network from Default to Lan Adapter
Ryujinx in mitm mode

we are both on the same Lanplay server (host one by myself for test)
we found us in a Lan-Game
but not in a Local Area game
i found out : Lan Mode works with this
but LDN-Mitm not
hope you have bether results

Sno0t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i try somethink like that 2 weeks ago
my setup
i have the modded switch
friend try it with Backup on Ryhjinx same city 3 streets away
we made this

buy a Lan Adapter for the Ryujinx PC
Setup Lanplay for the Lan Adapter (10.13.x.x you know)
Switch network from Default to Lan Adapter
Ryujinx in mitm mode

we are both on the same Lanplay server (host one by myself for test)
we found us in a Lan-Game
but not in a Local Area game
i found out : Lan Mode works with this
but LDN-Mitm not
hope you have bether results
Yeah LAN mode works perfectly fine.
If the switch and Ryujinx are in the same network, you don't even need switch-lan-play or a seperate adapter.
At least If I understood what you meant correctly.

As described above, we already got Ryujinx and the switch(es) to see each other via switch-lan-play but Ryujinx couldn't join the created game(s) and vice versa :D

Sno0t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
are the created games in Lan mode? or via Local Area ? (which game do you test?)
If you want to use LAN mode between Ryujinx and switch, all you need to do is run Ryujinx on your PC, connected to the same network as your switch.
(Ryujinx set up to use ldn_mitm and enabled LAN access)
We tested Mario kart, Mario golf, pokemon violet ;)
Post automatically merged:

thank you for the reply. We will make something of this.
Sorry I did not come back to you already and didn't add you on discord.
I am currently sick with fever and a heavy cough, hence I am not able to talk 😅

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo