The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
BassAceGold said:
ron975 said:
What format are the color codes in? Hex? RGB24?
EDIT: Oops, unintentional double post..

Everything you need to know is listed in the first post:

Skinning support:
-png files, 8 bit, 16 bit, 24 bit and 32 bit bitmap files
--NOTE: backgrounds must be 16 or 24 bit bmp so fast rendering can be used for a smoother browser
-Windows and sub windows are just color codes defined via the skin.ini file
-these color values are 16 bit colors, the included ColorConvert.exe program can be used for converting 24 bit R G B color values to 16 bit color vales (PA_RGB in the program)

A Gay Little Catboy said:
QUOTE(BassAceGold @ Feb 27 2011, 09:34 PM) I'm not sure if Spinal added multibooting to his loader, but if it does support it, you can just use his loader to load this. Other than that it does not interfere with any of the iMenu files. If none of the above is possible, then just set iMenu as a favorite in my menu or my menu as a favorite in iMenu.
I got it work on iMenu just fine on iMenu, now does it always lack a top screen? Just worried I might have done something wrong

There is no top screen, its listed under planned features in the first post.
I saw it and then edited my post about it

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BassAceGold said:
freestile said:
Looks cool, but I just barely got into grounds with messing with the imenu.
That ones pretty cool too. Would be nice to see touch screen support for a later
release of the imenu. Really cool to see plugin replacement menus for the dstwo.
Good work dude.

Touch screen is supported for every menu, buttons however aren't supported in all menus.

There is no top screen yet, it is listed under planned features.
not true, imenu changed to button only

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
BassAceGold said:
I'm not sure if Spinal added multibooting to his loader, but if it does support it, you can just use his loader to load this. Other than that it does not interfere with any of the iMenu files. If none of the above is possible, then just set iMenu as a favorite in my menu or my menu as a favorite in iMenu.

I have just added multiboot to the next release of iMenu, b3.2 will have the option to change which menu file is loaded by holding L+R during booting (brings up a multi-os type menu with up to 5 boot options, allowing to boot one time in a different menu, or change the default menu. All this without effecting the functionality of iMenu or BAGUI (I hope).

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
I took all my AKAIO homebrew icons and converted them to .ico format to be used with BAGplug.
For convenience, I added em to their own folder in the mucho expansive VatoPack.

2011-03-01_032634.png

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Decisions Decisions
unsure.gif
.....Which menu to choose ???? iMenu, Bagsplug or Plugin ????

I'm biased towards iMenu since I 'helped' out on it - but BagPlug has some nice features (like basic media player & option to 'boot DSGame on ROM'S'). It also means I may have to start making another set of Icons like Vatoloco has (that'll make 4 different sizes now - 32x32, 40x42, 50x50 and 50x60) - confusing or what !!
wacko.gif

What with trying to keep the DS2 Skin thread updated as well.........AARRrrggghhh !!!!!
firefirefire.gif

It's a shame I don't know how to program (properly)
- If so I would come up with a program that allowed you to select a picture (say a 50x50 sized icon)
- It'll create all 4 sizes (in correct 16-bit/24-bit format,size,shape,style etc) in one go (rescaling automatically wherever possible)
- Maybe even create suitable INI files (for those that need it) based on the name you save the files as
- With each file(s) saved in dedicated folders for /iMenu(b2)/,/iMenu(b3)/,/BagPlug/ & /Plugin/ .......

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This menu is great if you don't want to fiddle with an ini file just to see your plugins and files, while iMenu looks great.

Basically its convenience vs appearance.

It would be nice if both menus could use a standard icon size, I went with 32 x 32 because that is the size of NDS icons.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@ BassAceGold: don't know if anyone else has had this problem
- I've given BagPlug a very quick 'try' (as part of Spinal's 'Quad-Boot' menu, not as 'Default') but when scrolling (using D-pad) down, frequently it seems to 'lock-up' when I get to the bottom of a long list & I have to reset the DSi

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Small update here in light of the new CATSFC.

If you'd like to swap out BAGSFC as the default emulator, or even dual boot both emulators in the menu.

-Open "/_bagui/ext/" folder
-Copy the following

Code:
CATSFC:
"/CATSFC/CATSFC.plg"//file path to the plugin
[$PRGMPATH$,$FILEPATH$]//arguments are separated by commas
;

For replacing BAGSFC
-remove the BAGSFC section and simply paste the CATSFC launching args (in the codebox) to the sfc, smc, and zip files (in /_bagui/ext/)

For Dual booting CATSFC and BAGSFC
-copy and paste the CATSFC launching args before or after the BAGSFC section of the sfc, smc and zip files (in /_bagui/ext/)
-They will be listed respectively to their order in the arg files upon launching the rom

*Note*
You may need to change the file path to where you have the CATSFC plugin file.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for double posting, but here is some news for the next release:

-You can now hide file extensions in the browser
-You can set a folder path to use for custom icons on a per skin basis.
-Media player is fully skin-able now, moving away from the window system
-Much faster file browsing with optimized sorting, and improved icon handling. Common icons are now cached when they are loaded
-increase from 512 files max to 1024 files and 64 directories per folder
-Lots of bug fixes regarding png icons, file icons corrupting on skin changes, general bugs
-overhaul of the settings menu, to accommodate new settings
-A nice new default skin

Also as of EOS 1.11, this menu can now launch commercial NDS roms.

Here is a screenshot of the menu so far:
11-3-10-14-31-58.png

Things planned but not implemented:
-basic file operations (cut, copy, paste)
-overhauled favorites screen
-top screen skinning
-whatever else I can think of

Just a general note here:
This menu best performs on FAT16 file systems. FAT32 is extremely slow and cannot background music and browse files at the same time, yes it makes that big of a difference.
So if your SD card supports FAT16 (might work using 64kb clusters if its a big card), I highly recommend it over FAT32 for way faster file operations.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Up to 2tb can be formatted with FAT16 using 64kb clusters. I'm not sure what the max size the Supercard can handle with 64kb clusters, but I have a 4gb sd card formatted to FAT16 working fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: nvm this video is clickbait