Homebrew Backup TLOZ:ALBW Save

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's a digital version, you can probably use the save data backup feature at Home Menu/System Settings (if you just want to back it up, not edit or anything)

otherwise no.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if it's a digital version, you can probably use the save data backup feature at Home Menu/System Settings (if you just want to back it up, not edit or anything)

otherwise no.
Can I backup it using the default backup tool, then later restore it to a Cia, use homebrew to backup it and restore on my Gateway? (I'm going to buy Freakyforms Deluxe and Gateway, so Homebrew and another TLOZ: ALBW)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I backup it using the default backup tool, then later restore it to a Cia, use homebrew to backup it and restore on my Gateway? (I'm going to buy Freakyforms Deluxe and Gateway, so Homebrew and another TLOZ: ALBW)
is it a game card? that part isn't clear.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, unfortunately.
in that case, why can't you just keep the game card for now? it's not "unfortunate", it's better in this case.

in either case, the only way you can back up the save to move to another card/digital version is homebrew. though you said you're buying Freakyforms Deluxe, so you could just use that to back up the decrypted save if you're then going to sell the game card off.

if you seriously intend on burning money on a Gateway card, then you can just do that after you get Freakyforms Deluxe and sell ALBW (or something). as for importing the save to a ".3ds" version for GW, I can't help you there, so good luck.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
in that case, why can't you just keep the game card for now? it's not "unfortunate", it's better in this case.

in either case, the only way you can back up the save to move to another card/digital version is homebrew. though you said you're buying Freakyforms Deluxe, so you could just use that to back up the decrypted save if you're then going to sell the game card off.

if you seriously intend on burning money on a Gateway card, then you can just do that after you get Freakyforms Deluxe and sell ALBW (or something). as for importing the save to a ".3ds" version for GW, I can't help you there, so good luck.
I said unfortunately cuz' I'm going to buy Gateway+microSD+Freakyforms Deluxe with the money I'll get from selling the games I had, which includes ALBW. The only problem is that the buyer has already confirmed that he'll buy the game. So I basically wasted 2 days full of ALBW gameplay. If you look on the other side, it's not THAT bad, cuz' I have a kinda recent backup of my save.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill