Hacking Backup Proof Drive (D3-2)

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
damn this is bad news, my sister-inlaw has just bought a black wii, serial LEH5, so in future will this ever be possible to softmod to play backups?

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
screamq3 said:
damn this is bad news, my sister-inlaw has just bought a black wii, serial LEH5, so in future will this ever be possible to softmod to play backups?
USB loading will work and imho is USB loading even better than disc loading
smile.gif

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
yep i prefer usb aswell, so can you confirm that usb loader works on these new wii's? if so then ill install it, thanks a bunch
smile.gif

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Scenario:

I just bought a new wii and brought it home from EB i want to be sure its MODABLE B4 I MOD IT OR ILL JUST RETURN THE CONSOLE for another.. So i GO TO THIS THREAD and compare the SERIAL NUMBER ON THE CONSOLE WITH THE ONES LISTED HERE and then i know B4 I EVER POWER ON that the wii in my hand is ether modable or has to be returned for a compatible model

Umm, dummy, the serial number is listed on the outside of the box too! You don't even have to buy it in the first place if it is one that is known to have the new drive.

Sketter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ozguy said:
QUOTE said:
Scenario:

I just bought a new wii and brought it home from EB i want to be sure its MODABLE B4 I MOD IT OR ILL JUST RETURN THE CONSOLE for another.. So i GO TO THIS THREAD and compare the SERIAL NUMBER ON THE CONSOLE WITH THE ONES LISTED HERE and then i know B4 I EVER POWER ON that the wii in my hand is ether modable or has to be returned for a compatible model

Umm, dummy, the serial number is listed on the outside of the box too! You don't even have to buy it in the first place if it is one that is known to have the new drive.

EB doesn't let you walk around in the store with the console, you still need to talk to the guy about getting a different box. But yeah, the number is on the box, so it would make things easier.

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had bought my girlfriend a Wii for Xmas last year and soft modded it and it worked fine, but last month I needed to update some stuff on it so she could play some newer games. Well I accidentally bricked the wii last month and Nintendo agreed to fix it for free! Now when I received the wii back from ninty they said they replaced the memory board and the dvd drive to fix the wii. Now there was no need for them to replace the dvd drive, but they did and now it wont read backups so we use usb loader now, but yea ninty will fix bricked hacked wiis for free but they will replace your dvd drive with a new one

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question on this drive...

If I have a PAL Wii fully softmodded, it can run usb loaders and homebrew, but will it also run all original games? I mean, would it run a genuine USA import game as long as it's not a backup?

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Using StartPatch, my Wii would be region free. Would it run the imports as long as it's not burned discs?

ecaraba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also have a wii with a d3-2.
serial: Lu399097261
Model:RVL-001 USA
am able to home-brew it, though wont read disks. 2006Â

alexjrock

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi guys,

Serial with drive (D3-2) Region USA:

LU113......
LU114......
LU115......
LU116......
LU117......
LU118......
LU119......
LU12........
LU393......
LU394......
LU395......
LU396......
LU397......
LU398......
LU399......
LU40........
LU72........
LU73........

Regards,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1