Not open for further replies.

netsliderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeleeMaster500 said:
a simple "yes, wii music (ntsc-u, 1:1) works on a ntsc-u wii" would suffice

and all the description for it's compatibility is about PAL, so it's kinda hard to ignore...

I have not tried a 1:1 but I cant imagine it being much different. Wii Music NTSC-U on NTSC-U Wii run FLAWLESSLY decrypted.

Hope this helps you even a little.

I would test a 1:1 for you but I downloaded Wii Music the night it was first released (about two nights before 0.3 was released) and by default, had it patched. Once I saw that it worked, I trashed the ISO off my HD. Sorry.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a side note/thought on the dvd read errors.
The disc read errors may have more to do with a memory issue than actual disc errors.
I've noticed on a game or two that work perfectly otherwise, that with the use of the right (or wrong depending on your view) codes you will get the disc read error. So make sure you arn't using any codes when testing a game for compatibility with the wiki.

And Yes a 1:1 copy on ntsc-u of wii music works perfectly!

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can anyone confirm these issues or direct me to a thread where they have been adressed:

I installed WiiGator loader 3 from the DJTaz pack featuring the autoloading version of the loader. worked great..... until the next day. Now when I autoboot I get a data dump screen headed by a DIS error. I have only been able to bypass this screen by either holding B and forcing NTSC on an NTSC system and setting game from default to english (also futile), or by ejecting all memory cards and SD from the console. I am not sure as to why this is but I used to have no problems at all, except for lego batman, that game seems to only want to load up 10% of the time.

The DIS errors occor with wii music, but when the game loads its fine.

Wii music is 1:1 everything else is decrypted.

mushboom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Confirmed.
ebdynasty said:
James Bond Quantum Of Solace PAL WII-SUSHi

Not working both patched and unpatched, goes past the wiimote screen, then the zapper screen then gives me dvd error. Burned at 2x and even more copies at different speeds, nothing
frown.gif

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I can confirm that No More Heroes (NTSC to PAL version / no censorship) randomly crashes on my PAL Wii. I was walking around on the streets in the area where I can accept the 2nd mission, and suddenly it stopped.

Manhunt 2 (PAL) seems to work fine with PAL50 + English language only (could be added to the notes). Otherwise it does not start.

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
digitydogs said:
The disc read errors may have more to do with a memory issue than actual disc errors.
I've noticed ... that with the use of the right ... codes you will get the disc read error. So make sure you arn't using any codes when testing a game for compatibility with the wiki.

What are these "codes" you're talking about? Where do I enter codes, what are they, and can you give an example please? That's the first I've read anywhere in any thread of someone finding a way to control if/when a game throws that error.

Cheers

wiiesel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have 3.2e fw and all games are pal, i used dvd-r discs from maxell burned on 2.4x, no read_retry fix installed

- Mario Kart (1:1)
- Super Paper Mario (decrypted, works good, played until 2-4 and no crash)
- Mario Galaxy (decrypted)

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've just registered to post my tests:

No More Heroes PAL: works but freeze around the buildings that give you jobs. Not in the same spots, but I think when I reach a certain distance from it ( maybe a cutscene?). Video and everything works full speed. Burned at 4x on Verbatim printable DVD

Super Smash Bros. Brawl DVD5 PAL: Works perfect (only the VC demo doesn't works, but I think because they reboot the Wii). Burned at 16x on TDK DVD

Pokemon Battle Revolution PAL: I get DVD error from the loader. Burned at 16x and 8x on TDK DVDs.

Disaster: Day of Crisis PAL: Hang the loader after it display the disc code. Burned at 16x on TDK DVD

The minimum speed of the TDK DVDs is 8x, below I get an error from my DVD Drive (burn speed too low)

netsliderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a bit inappropriate but does anyone know how I might go about... reverting back to the previous loader release from Wiigator? I want to test QoS on that to see if I can get this to work at all...

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
dottor_male said:
Disaster: Day of Crisis PAL: Hang the loader after it display the disc code. Burned at 16x on TDK DVD[/color]
Disaster PAL definitely works, so maybe try burning again - possibly on different discs.

Kieran801

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone got Jame bond Quantum of solace to work??
I heard some people get disc errors on some games and other people dont so can someone test it out and post there findings in here
biggrin.gif

PS: I know its in the Wiki but can someone just double check?

Thanks!

C

CasperH

Kieran801 said:
I heard some people get disc errors on some games and other people dont so can someone test it out and post there findings in here
biggrin.gif

Thanks!
Just believe what its says. Yes it gives a disc read error
rolleyes.gif

What does everybody mean with read_retry fix or something?

Kieran801

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CasperH said:
Kieran801 said:
biggrin.gif

Thanks!
Just believe what its says. Yes it gives a disc read error
rolleyes.gif

What does everybody mean with read_retry fix or something?

WiiGator released something and it was supposed to fix some of the bugs.. But i dont know whether it actually worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, If it's so shitty, why don't you clean it up. :tpi: