Status
Not open for further replies.

raaamesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KushiRules said:
Just Got Backup Loader 0.3! I had the Excite Truck, Carnival Games, and Wario Land: Shake It, Backed Up Already.
I like to backup my games Just In Case(JIC)

Excite Truck: Fully Working 100%
gbasp.gif
. Video Perfect. Menu Way Faster that 0.1. Runs at full speed and perfect loading times!

Carnival Games: Fully 100% Working
gbasp.gif
. About 5 second loading times compared to 15 in 0.1. Great Gameplay.

Wario Land: Shake It!: NOT WORKING: Gives flashing green screen and Freezes Wii
hate2.gif
. PLEASE FIX! Waninko's version works but intro video is not bearable to get through so HOPEFULLY WiiGator could fix this and get the intro to work well.

shake it works fine the intro video is not as slow as loader 0.1 im usin pal 3.3v1 with launcher 0.3 and the cios it came with

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disaster now has the curse of Super Paper Mario. We'll have to wait it up for the finished .3, afterall. This is just an open beta.

Why exactly does it stop there? Maybe it's our 'version'? Anyone tried a 1:1 copy?

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
El-Grosso said:
junk_man32 said:
raaamesh said:
Gamer said:
Also, what's cIOS fix?

i alos was wandering wat the cios fix is and what it does? i am currently using the cios that was realesed with backup launcher 0.3
i know its confusing, there are 3 cios that came out during this, wiigator's, waninkoko's, and a cios rad retry cios fix, im gonna try the latest (read retry cios fix) and see if paper mario works now

I'm confused. Meharis said it worked fine patched on 0.3?
not on level 2-3 when you give all that stuff to that dude, it freezes thats why, the thing about the people testing the games is they never go far into the game or go around dsicovering if there are certain freezes someplaces

OldBeane

Trophies
XP
Country
Guitar Hero World Tour (NTSC, 1:1) - Like most here, works like a charm, and on my PAL Wii (3.2E)with no extra fixes on the Backup Launcher needed to be activated. Using standard cables though. Haven't even had the sync issues like in my GH3 Custom copy.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not... the second play it comes up with the 'Cannot read disc' error just after the initial load screen. Bugger.

I'm hoping to go into town later and hire a few more games to test out.

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrBubbles said:
Disaster now has the curse of Super Paper Mario. We'll have to wait it up for the finished .3, afterall. This is just an open beta.

Why exactly does it stop there? Maybe it's our 'version'? Anyone tried a 1:1 copy?
1:1 freezes randomly, hmm there has to be an ios that fixes theses random freezes

pnice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I added Cabela's Big Game Hunter to the wiki yesterday and now it's gone and a different version of Cabela's is listed. I can't even find my entry in the history now. Should we stop adding them there and just put the info in this thread?

I also posted a thread about Waninkoko Custom IOS36 rev06 asking what it did. I'm curious too.

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
junk_man32 said:
El-Grosso said:
junk_man32 said:
raaamesh said:
Gamer said:
Also, what's cIOS fix?

i alos was wandering wat the cios fix is and what it does? i am currently using the cios that was realesed with backup launcher 0.3
i know its confusing, there are 3 cios that came out during this, wiigator's, waninkoko's, and a cios rad retry cios fix, im gonna try the latest (read retry cios fix) and see if paper mario works now

I'm confused. Meharis said it worked fine patched on 0.3?
not on level 2-3 when you give all that stuff to that dude, it freezes thats why, the thing about the people testing the games is they never go far into the game or go around dsicovering if there are certain freezes someplaces

He said he got to 3:1 though.

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
Pink_Waters said:
paper mario working with me, the pal decrypted version!
actually iam on 7:4 now!

Right, two confirmations of Super Paper Mario PAL encrypted working. Thats enough proof for me.
biggrin.gif

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the 1:1 version has the problems with chapter 2:3 or whatever one it was.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
these games worked on v.01 and are now not working on v.03 bug fix
on a pal wii (ver.3.1e)

pal soul calibre legends

pal wii ski

EndlessDiversity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
pnice said:
I added Cabela's Big Game Hunter to the wiki yesterday and now it's gone and a different version of Cabela's is listed. I can't even find my entry in the history now. Should we stop adding them there and just put the info in this thread?

I also posted a thread about Waninkoko Custom IOS36 rev06 asking what it did. I'm curious too.

Just add it again, sometime when we update it clashed with other people update so its not updating.
i still think that wiki is the most efficient to see compatibility guide, forum just use to discuss the problems.

so is that game work or not? i could add it for you if you can't be bother to re-add

bantheradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrBubbles said:

I've been using a 1:1 copy and had no issues up until stage eight.

Bananna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally figured out how to patch GHWT, and it's a pain. But anyways.
I am running 3.3v2, and I have some comparisons.

Game: Guitar Hero: World Tour
Update Status: 3.3v2
Burned At: 4x
Game Region: NSTC
Wii Region: NSTC
Forced?: Yes

1:1 - It is impossible to get a good game going, loading times are fast; but not as fast as the patched version. Disc read errors are in most of the game and you can not do: Create-A.../Career/Music Studio, the quickplay works sometimes but only for one song at the most.

Patched (Wiigator's Patcher) - It takes about 2 seconds longer than retail to load. Wi-Fi works perfect. No disc read errors. All modes working. Sync is perfect from the start. Only problem is: do not let the start-up video play or else it will freeze up when the guy on-screen starts to play clarinet. (It is skippable, just keep pressing A/Green at the beginning videos.)

All of this was tested with a GH3 Guitar.

daknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man, the Wiki really has to be clean up O_O To many repeated games and confusion about 'which works, which doesn't'. People aren't using the confirm/unconfirm one and are simply adding the game again when it doesn't work O_O

Not sure if only the one that started the Wiki can clean it up. If not, I would clean it up, cause it indeed has to many repeated games constantly (like Legend of Zelda being 4 time (two for NTSC/U, one for NTSC/J and one for Pal)

NeoGenesis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I found that with the Disk read error on Metroid prime 3 NTSC, all I have to do is remove the disk than replace (sometimes takes 2 or 3 times) than the game works again, also this is on an NTSC Wii and to get the game running at all I had to do GC controller hook, and I forced NTSC anyways.

serving

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a us wii and i have tested the follwing games

dokapon kingdom srcub ntsc-u patch works perfectly no lagging in vids
pokemon battle revoultion ntsc-u scrub patch works perfectly no load loding times anymore
one piece unlimted cruise ntsc-j patch when started a new game the opening vid freezes
hitman reborn wiiscrub ntsc-j patch works in 0.1 version doesnt work on 0.3 version
naruto shippudden ex 2 scrub patch freezes during the intro
naruto clash of ninja revoultion 2 ntsc-u scrub patch works perfectly no desynch in audio 2

one piece unlmted cruise 1:1 gave a disk read error during one of the parts in the intro when starting the game have to eject the disk and insert it back again and press the +button to resume playing other then that it plays fine althogh there are some some slight lag when doing luffy gear second special

naruto clash of ninja revoultion 2 ntsc-u 1:1 gives disk read error during the ending credits when it gives the error eject the disk and re-insert it again and it will work again. and it also randomly gives disk read error before a match start again when this happen eject the disk and re-insert it again to contiue playing. other then that it plays fine

Wiill B. Wright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
MainframeF4 said:
jelosoda81 said:
Wiill B. Wright said:
Hi all,

i think i might be having similar problem as well. I managed to used backup launcher on games such as de blob and boom blox. But after i uninstalled my cIOS (i was duped into that uninstalling cIOS can help to install wad games as i kept on having (ret= -1022)error) and reinstalled the cIOS36 rev6, backup launcher will now freeze when trying to launch any games. Not sure whether this is also due to HBC being updated to 9. But even after i remove HBC9, and reinstalled HBC8, things still the same and i cant use backup launcher anymore.

Anyone with any clues out there to help with this?
cry.gif

Hello jelosoda81,

I had this problem after updating the HBC as well... Do you think there is some sort of effect? If it was the problem maybe other people are ine the same situation. Do you know someone else that is in the same case?
I was wondering if it cant' be my DVD drive that is in cause because I had my wii the first day it was sold, so maybe it some kind of "tired" ?
wink.gif

Are you guys able to play original Wii disks?

Also what method (app) did you use to remove the IOS's?

I also used Waninkoko's CIOS uninstaller v1.2 to remove my CIOS. I tried to come back to 3.3E but with no difference. What is really strange is that even the loader v0.1 doesn't lod backups as well. It also freezes on the launching screen. That is why i thought the disc drive may be in cause. When I inserted a backup the loader just keeps saying "DVD identity failed" while those backups worked very well before. I made the same installation on another wii (latest CIOS rev6 + v0. bêta) and it worked perfectly.
To answer your question MainFrameF4, yes i'm can still play original games without any problem. But don't you think as the loader is reading backup slower than normal, can't it be some part of the proble? what do you think?

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did anybody ever have errors while playing Mario Party 8?

I was in the screen before a Mini-Game, selected practice, and it just stuck there, I couldn't even go back to the wii menu.

However, it just happened this one time. Should I go for the cios_read_retry fix??

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
bantheradio said:
MrBubbles said:

I've been using a 1:1 copy and had no issues up until stage eight.

Yes, same here. Never had any error up until level 8. This level just won't load, it stays black after I commit with "Yes".

I tried the GC hook, Pal mode, NTSC, languages German, English, French. Nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have a Disaster Savegame of Level 8 (maybe chapter 2), or Level 9?

edit: Here is a savegame with 98% completeness. I guess we could use this to replay certain levels. Although I'd like to keep my stats and NOT be powered up...

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
El-Grosso said:
Meharis said:
i tested some this afternoon:

WII PAL 3.3 E
Verbaim DVD-R azo
Nero8 @ 4x
all games decrypted

Paper Mario PAL - works flawlessly, played till Level 3.1

What do you mean by WII PAL 3.3E. Is that the modified updater? I haven't updated my Wii with the official update yet, and I don't really understand how to use the modified one yet. :S

nope the first official update, lets say 3.3a, i did not install the security patch and did a work around.
I also have not installed the read retry fix, because it hasn`t helped that much

as with the confusion that seems to be spreading. i am gonna try paper mario again this afternoon and tell you the results.

another question : is it of any interest, to hook up my wii via monster component cable to my HD Beamer and to test out what results i have on 480p ?!
i cant burn the rest of my games right now because i am dire straits and will have to wait till friday to get some new verbatim discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgLD1yhxNik