Hardware back-up not working

Synik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey , The other day i got a wii mod chip inserted into my wii, im not 100% sure what chip it actually was.
I have a problem with running my back-ups on it. After I have inserted the backup into the wii it seems to come up
on the disc channel that the game is there, and then i click on that and proceed to start... then the game goes to a
blank black screen and doesnt load any further. Also my wii will not turn off nor will my controller respond.
does any 1 know wat i can do about this problem? is it the backup or the chip?

A

armand66

Do a few things first if you can.

1. Check what firmware you have on your system? 2.2E is the latest firmware.

2. What sort of system do you have, PAL or NTSC?

3. What "backup" are you trying to run?

Chances are your trying to run a backup from another region that either isn't patched, or your system isn't updated to your natural settings high enough for it to be played.

Same thing happened with my brothers Wii when trying to play a patched THE BIGS, but, while it was patched, his system was only 2.0. Soon as he updated to 2.2E, THE BIGS then worked on his PAL system.

Synik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
okay my system is PAL...
my firmware is 2.1E
and the backup im tryin to run is Princo dvd-r 1-8x r4.7...

thanx 4 ur help

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what was being asked wasn't the type of media but rather the region for the game you're trying to play. first off, i'd update to 2.2e to play things safe if you are intending on loading games from different regiosn.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Some NTSC games wont work on PAL consoles. Best bet is to try and find a PAL backup and test it out with your Wii and see what happens.
I think Princos work fine as do my TDK.

As for Paul... dont be a wanker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.