The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
you guys played (a pirated) phoenix wright to much. why would it have a special meaning to it?

and about the "controller" , some ppl pay scammers not knowing there is a more legal way yet they do it. so why not with this controller ?
smile.gif

EDIT: my posts are getting ignored. im guessing im posting to smart shit for your small brains to handle
Your posts are getting ignored because no one can understand what the hell you are saying with your horrible typing. Seriously, you say you are too smart, but you spelled "too" as "to," "people" as "ppl," and the rest of the sentence doesn't even have correct punctuation and capitalization.

Also, I honestly had no idea what the second line in this post I'm quoting meant. Scammers? What? And the first line, about the Phoenix Wright thing...Lawyers/Attorneys don't do that kind of shit for fun. It's their job. We (Normal people on GBAtemp) do it because we think it's bullshit that a 3-year-old killed herself with a gun her dad left out, thinking it was a gun-shaped controller for the Wii.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Well that is a pretty realistic gun accessory.

Oh and about the gun laws that "make sense"

Go ahead and outlaw guns. Then only the outlaws will have guns. Nice logic there.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Daco said:
why would it have a special meaning to it?

Because, if I've read it correctly, a three year-old girl shot herself with a gun left on the table by her grandfather.
...Why wouldn't it have a special meaning to it?

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
TDWP FTW said:
Daco said:
you guys played (a pirated) phoenix wright to much. why would it have a special meaning to it?

and about the "controller" , some ppl pay scammers not knowing there is a more legal way yet they do it. so why not with this controller ?
smile.gif

EDIT: my posts are getting ignored. im guessing im posting to smart shit for your small brains to handle
Your posts are getting ignored because no one can understand what the hell you are saying with your horrible typing. Seriously, you say you are too smart, but you spelled "too" as "to," "people" as "ppl," and the rest of the sentence doesn't even have correct punctuation and capitalization.

Also, I honestly had no idea what the second line in this post I'm quoting meant. Scammers? What? And the first line, about the Phoenix Wright thing...Lawyers/Attorneys don't do that kind of shit for fun. It's their job. We (Normal people on GBAtemp) do it because we think it's bullshit that a 3-year-old killed herself with a gun her dad left out, thinking it was a gun-shaped controller for the Wii.

then you fail to understand that im not native english and that my spelling sucks. also, punctuations and capitalizations are fine. just learn to read a bit. my friends,family and myself can read it just fine, why can't you?
youre just being a grammar nazi there

that comment also proves me right that im more intellect then you btw. cause i think my english is like... better then 70% of gbafail

isabelyes said:
QUOTE(Daco @ Mar 8 2010, 09:39 PM)
why would it have a special meaning to it?

Because, if I've read it correctly, a three year-old girl shot herself with a gun left on the table by her grandfather.
...Why wouldn't it have a special meaning to it?
cause we are humans and that shit happens all the time. as i said earlier , if you have 1 or more children and take good care of them im sure you'll understand the story.
that also counts in some cases with some dogs.
some just take ANYTHING they can and do ANYTHING with it. even point it at themselves and press the trigger at the wrong time. 3 year old children often do that you know (the grabbing and fumbling, not the shooting part. just in case some1 replies with an idiot reply thinking 3 year old children often shoot themselves. they should however, cause every time it happens it points out how retarded humanity has become)

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
then you fail to understand that im not native english and that my spelling sucks. also, punctuations and capitalizations are fine. just learn to read a bit. my friends,family and myself can read it just fine, why can't you?
youre just being a grammar nazi there

that comment also proves me right that im more intellect then you btw. cause i think my english is like... better then 70% of gbafail
Man, you really are a troll...

1) I kind of figured it wasn't, but even other members that don't speak English primarily have better spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation skills than you.
2) Your friends and family can probably read it fine because they probably type like that as well.
3) I do consider myself very picky about grammar, so thank you for the compliment.
4) That you are more intellect than me? What is this I don't even.
5) I wouldn't say 70%. Maybe 15%.
6) If it's so fail, then why do you visit? OH WAIT! To troll!

EDIT: I saw you edited your post, and with another stupid remark. I'm pretty sure most 3-year-olds don't have access to a gun. If they do, the parents should be thrown in jail, and the child should be placed in a home with people that actual care about the child enough to not put them in situations where their safety is at risk.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
wiiman123 said:
Why are you so quick to assume that the girl actually took the gun and did it herself? People will say anything to get out of trouble

Secondly the gun should have never been on the table or in reach of the child. That alone is a crime.

Is it a crime in Tennessee?

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
I really think there's something else behind it...Why the hell would you leave a semi-automatic gun, or any gun at all on a table IN YOUR GODDAMN LIVING ROOM?!

Not trying to flame (because as pro-gun as I am, I understand that you can represent either side with figures) but a semi-automatic is really any non-machine gun. A semi-automatic is really any gun at all, it just sounds a lot more menacing than it is.

QUOTE(Daco @ Mar 8 2010, 03:39 PM) EDIT: my posts are getting ignored. im guessing im posting to smart shit for your small brains to handle

LMAO

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
TDWP FTW said:
6) If it's so fail, then why do you visit? OH WAIT! To troll!
actually
trolling is the side quest
tongue.gif

mainly its to have some good entertainment with idiots.

QUOTE(blindsightvision @ Mar 8 2010, 10:05 PM) If you claim to be intelligent, it would be very uswise to deny yourself to at least a chance consider a plausible truth. Otherwise go to sleep and live a fake dream which only blinds you.

Part1/5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_WJDPjIpl8
Part2/5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl_IpIvFw0g
Part3/5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Che3xPjqs
Part4/5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xtOzzcLneM
Part5/5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quURg3iQm9w
yes its plausible yade yade yade. however, from all the crimes did from parents killing their own children in the past years i highly doubt this was the case. read the factional news much? (yes usa, your news sucks ass in being facts)
there are many more ways of killing your child and have more advantages to it.
example? chop your child in pieces, keep it in a freezer and slowly feed it to your dog. nobody will ever know AND you get to keep your gun (if that guy gets to keep his gun after this, i'll lol so hardly)

EDIT: also, at the videos. yes i believe media is making ppl dumb. no i dont believe in some special group that tries to take over the world by making ppl dumb.
im a man of science, not a paranoia faggot or a believer that thinks god will banish a soul to hell cause he didn't believe in him although he has been very kind

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Danny Tanner said:
TDWP FTW said:
I really think there's something else behind it...Why the hell would you leave a semi-automatic gun, or any gun at all on a table IN YOUR GODDAMN LIVING ROOM?!

Not trying to flame (because as pro-gun as I am, I understand that you can represent either side with figures) but a semi-automatic is really any non-machine gun. A semi-automatic is really any gun at all, it just sounds a lot more menacing than it is.
I know. I was just saying that no gun should be left within a child's reach, auto or not. I said both things because if I didn't say semi-auto, or any gun, someone would comment about non-semi-automatic guns, which are pretty much non-existent, seeing as most, if not all automatic guns have a switch to switch between the two firing modes.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gokujr1000 said:
wiiman123 said:
Why are you so quick to assume that the girl actually took the gun and did it herself? People will say anything to get out of trouble

Secondly the gun should have never been on the table or in reach of the child. That alone is a crime.

Is it a crime in Tennessee?

i don't know, in some of these states, child abuse (including molestation) and beating your wife almost to death is a misdemeanor.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet another case of carelessness. It's not a video game issue, it's a moronic stepfather even having a loaded and functioning gun in the house when there are young children there. Not only did he do that, but he left it out of its case or hiding place. If anything the stepfather should be charged with reckless endangerment, possibly more.

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Danny Tanner said:
TDWP FTW said:

I know. I was just saying that no gun should be left within a child's reach, auto or not. I said both things because if I didn't say semi-auto, or any gun, someone would comment about non-semi-automatic guns, which are pretty much non-existent, seeing as most, if not all automatic guns have a switch to switch between the two firing modes.

Lol, see you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, sorry
tongue.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First of all that does not look like a product sold to hold a wiimote. The zip tie and the fact that there is a clip missing inclines me to believe that this is some sort of airsoft gun poorly modded to hold a wiimote.

As for the gun laws you guys are all fighting over, one thing over the years I have learned is that if you haven't personally lived the topic you are debating on you should probably shut the fuck up. Because seriously if you haven't lived it, aren't living it, then your basing your opinion on your side of things (which is only half sided) or your preaching about shit based off what the media tells you to believe.

Seeing as how I've lived all over the world I figured I'd chime in here. We'll I spent the first half of my life in Greece so I will start there, things were so strict I remember having to smuggle in wrist rockets (sling shots) because they were illegal. Now growing up did I feel any safer? First off all I lived in a small village population...smaller than any town I've come across in the states. So yes I felt safer there because I knew everybody. As I got older though, well people still died and in my teens I did get a bit of adrenaline rushes as I thought I might be close to getting stabbed. Guns in Europe am I for it or against it...in 95 I was against it and if things are still the same as when I left I'd still be against them.

Now to throw your opinion on guns in the US now, NOW, to say Americans should outlaw guns NOW is like if it was 1349 and you were all high and mighty telling the people how they should handle the black plague. Shit is to out of hand NOW to be giving advice. In America guns run rampant, I came here when I as 15 and 80% of the kids in the major cities I traveled through had illegal fire arms. Granted I lived in San Pedro California and Chicago Illinois my younger years but still illegal guns were and still are everywhere.

In Greece when I thought I was going to die I feared a knife wound to the back when I wasn't looking, in America I would have said getting stabbed or getting shot 50/50. Of course in Greece I still felt a bit better that my stabber would be close to me where in the states you could be in a confrontation with the driver of a car and get shot from the passenger without even being aware that a gun had been pulled out on you.

And in my experiences if someone is willing to take a shot at you it is probably with an illegal gun. Hell I have several guns and if someone broke into my house I'd still be afraid to shoot him. Not because I don't want to take his life but my guns are registered in MY name and the media has pushed so much fear into me being able to protect myself that I'd say I'd have a 50/50 chance of going to jail for shooting the man who broke into my house and was raping my wife. 50/50 chance to spend the rest of your life in jail for protecting your wife... well hell those sound like good odds to me! (sarcasm) And so the low life piece of shit the robs someone in an alley and shoots them in gut is probably not going to want to face the same fears I face and so the easy answer is to use an illegal gun. Hell it is easy enough since there has to be millions already in the states. Remember my black plague analogy? Well here is where it comes into play, we are plagued, it has already spread across the land, too many people are already affected, good people have illegal guns, bad people have illegal guns, and sadly the illegal guns I have run across are usually cheaper MUCH cheaper than a retail gun. $800 for a retail legal gun that is registered to my name and I am afraid to use or $250 with no questions asked. For the record all guns I own are registered and legal but as a kid, sure I bought illegal guns on several occasions. I've had guns pulled on me in several occasions, my ex step father got shot 5 times in the back, to pull my right to own a gun now is like telling me it is illegal to own a face mask in 1349.

Right now I live in Chicago where I hate it and fear for my family and it makes my stomach curl to worry about my family's well being and my ability to protect them. My daughter is screaming, okay run up stairs to the gun safe, enter code and run back to save her. Option 2 use the unloaded gun I keep in hidden in the bedroom to bluff my threat. In July I get to finally move back to Florida which I also hate by the way, drugs and sluts are not the environment I want to raise my kids in. But the right to actually carry a gun with a permit, oh hell yes. I feel so much safer in Florida because everyone acts as if the other might be carrying a gun as well. And by the way Florida adopted a right to carry a fire arm in 1987. Between 1987 and 1996 hand gun homicides went DOWN 41% however across the whole unites states between 1984 and 1996 hand gun homicides went UP 24%.

Do oppose the right to bear arms, would I feel safer in a America that was a gun free? You bet your ass I would, I got two kids and want more and I like in loving father I'm already worried about them falling down the stairs, getting hit by cars, ect... eliminating one threat, even though it is my least common worry for my kids well being, but none the less not worrying about them getting shot would offer just a little weight off my shoulder. But the only way I'd be happy is if the army were to storm the US forcing their way into all the homes almost consecutively (kinda how Nintendo raided all those shops last year at the same time) storm every house, tear ever house apart, rip every car apart, and then start better border patrol to keep the guns out of the US. Living in Miami for 5 years though and watching as Cubans come up on shanty tubes, reading about them building freaking SUBS to get drugs here, clearly we'd have to give up Florida or have some sort of ultra strict screening, fortress type shit to leave the state and enter the rest of the US. And yes I know there are other borders but the fact that I have seen this activity in Florida and not while living for years in Cali not to mention locations and bordering countries I'd say the state would be a treat to US that is completly civilian gun free. But since that won't happen I'll keep going to the firing ranges every other Sunday.

Hey look old time GBAtempers, WeaponXxX's walls of text are back!

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
WeaponXxX said:
First of all that does not look like a product sold to hold a wiimote. The zip tie and the fact that there is a clip missing inclines me to believe that this is some sort of airsoft gun poorly modded to hold a wiimote.

Top gun is the real gun, bottom is the faker. The Zip Tie was presumably added by the Police so it couldn't be quickly loaded. Proof that attachment really shouldn't have been sold at all and could fool anybody folks!!!!

You're probably right Weapon. I've been raised in a very affluent part of Britain so have no real experience of gun or any kind of crime, but as far as I know guns are VERY hard to come by in Britain. I heard tell that things are so bad that criminals actually rent them to each other rather than buy their own (can't recall the source, I believe it was BBC) Knife crime is quite high in Britain as they are the next best things to guns, I've done an excercise in my martial arts class involving a marker pen held at a length which is the legal limit of blade that can be carried by a person. It is very hard to defend against even that and you will get cut and stabbed very nastily, possibly fatally.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, my eyes locked into the top gun because it is the style I am more familiar with plus it looked more like a shell but they did do a pretty decent job making the bottom one. On the street I could see a kid getting shot for holding it, however I must say that America does have a extremely strict law on all toy guns having an orange tip painted on before coming across the border.

And yea Jamstruth I'd totally understand your point of view if your in Britain, in Greece I had never seen a gun before. The drugs and guns here so rampant that I didn't believe it even while visiting the US but once we moved here and I was more social is when I really became aware. And America is problematic in the fact that they censor non sexual nudity over guns and violence but like I said to fix things now is a burden so big that I'd have immense respect if some leader was able to effectively solve it.

Conor

Trophies
XP
Country
Why do Americans even need guns as self defence? I mean you could use something non-fatal like a taser to protect yourself, yet you choose something that can kill easily.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Conor said:
Why do Americans even need guns as self defence? I mean you could use something non-fatal like a taser to protect yourself, yet you choose something that can kill easily.
because without it the mob will shoot you over and blow you up with lead ?
because violence is greater amongst a great nation/land/state/etc ?
no clue as so far.
but i don't mind. aslong as they don't point at innocent people.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone saying that the girl knew what she was doing... she was 3 years old.
dry.gif

Also, most likely carrying guns because Tennessee and The United States of Homicide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny