GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see some one mod the systems like this if Nintendo does not make them.... Skins would be kinda cool but the buttons being red and all.

Maybe some company will sell a kit, skin for the controller buttons and a case for the machine itself?
Maybe. I can't imagine it would be too hard to make.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It would be expensive it if really existed.
not if it was official... consider the special edition Zelda 3DS that came with OoT3D bundles, and the bundle overall was cheaper than separately buying a 3DS and Zelda 3D. they're not going to charge extra for a skin and different colors, and it would probably be part of a special bundle, not sold on its own.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I haven't checked the dimensions on this but you could probably find an case from the original NES console and fit at least the front of the Wii U console into it, something like this for the GC
gamecube-case-mods.jpg

The controller, too, would look kinda crappy the controler could be done with just some stickers or paint. Again, you could do it at home.

EDIT : Googling the dimensions, it should be able to hide inside the older console shell pretty well but it would protrude a couple inches out the back of it and it would probably have to be propped up inside for the disk slot to actually be situated in the NES game slot.

Reactions: 2 people

Dingoo-fan 32

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It would be expensive it if really existed.
not if it was official... consider the special edition Zelda 3DS that came with OoT3D bundles, and the bundle overall was cheaper than separately buying a 3DS and Zelda 3D. they're not going to charge extra for a skin and different colors, and it would probably be part of a special bundle, not sold on its own.

Well, they can always charge more for it because it's a "special edition". (Like Square enix did with the KH3D special edition)

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, they can always charge more for it because it's a "special edition". (Like Square enix did with the KH3D special edition)
I'm not saying they can't charge extra for it. I'm just saying that, based on Nintendo's history, it's not likely. This is Nintendo, not Square Enix. Past experience shows that such special editions by Nintendo aren't more expensive, just limited to either a specific retailer (like Toys 'R' Us with the SpongeBob GBA SP) or special bundles (the Zelda 3D and SM3DL bundles).

And we'll have to blow off our discs to get them to work. :U
Keep your discs out on a flat surface upside down without a case and don't dust regularly. Then, in a little while, I'm sure you'll be able to successfully simulate the need to blow them off. :lol:

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, it would be cool to see Nintendo editions like these, like a SNES 3DS (grey triggers, grey pad, Grey bottem half, white top, Purple A and Bs, Light pink X and Y maybe even a special Euro and Jap version with the respective colored buttons?) or GCN for the Wii U, (Yellow second stick, purple zR and zL triggers, Purple over all, grey D-pad, green A, red B, grey Y and X) and they come with a mario from that gen(like SMW for the 3DS and SunShine for the Wii U) via vitual console. Hell, I would pay 10 or 20 more for a console like that :D

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice, it would be cool to see Nintendo editions like these, like a SNES 3DS (grey triggers, grey pad, Grey bottem half, white top, Purple A and Bs, Light pink X and Y maybe even a special Euro and Jap version with the respective colored buttons?) or GCN for the Wii U, (Yellow second stick, purple zR and zL triggers, Purple over all, grey D-pad, green A, red B, grey Y and X) and they come with a mario from that gen(like SMW for the 3DS and SunShine for the Wii U) via vitual console. Hell, I would pay 10 or 20 more for a console like that :D
For a SNES-styled 3DS, I'd personally prefer the PAL A/B/X/Y button colors (red, green, yellow, blue).

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a SNES-styled 3DS, I'd personally prefer the PAL A/B/X/Y button colors (red, green, yellow, blue).
Yeah, I figured that for most people. I perfer the ol purple but either one would be awesome.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is indeed a mighty fine fake. Though still a possibility if you consider they did a Famicon GBA Micro and an NES Gba SP.
Maybe. But then again, those were both handhelds, whereas I can't recall Nintendo making any official "NES-editions" for their consoles. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get a NES-edition 3DS.

**EDIT**
Apparently, a skin for the 3DS already exists. I would totally get this if I had a black 3DS (my aqua blue would look terrible with this!)

http://www.decalgirl...-3DS-Skin-Retro
http://www.decalgirl...Retro-Inversion
Honestly, that first one looks terrible.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Really? I think it works better than the second one, personally.
They both aren't that special but the first one is definitely better.
Get rid of the Retro 3DS logo and the decal on the top screen and it's a really nice subtle skin actually.
Oh and add the red buttons from a flame red 3DS.

Also this:
DS-mod-famicom.jpg

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I think it works better than the second one, personally.
They both aren't that special but the first one is definitely better.
Get rid of the Retro 3DS logo and the decal on the top screen and it's a really nice subtle skin actually.
Oh and add the red buttons from a flame red 3DS.

Also this:
DS-mod-famicom.jpg
I would almost buy that.
but no money

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto