Hacking Question AutoRCM Confusion

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: I have RCM figured out now. Any time you power off the system in any way while you have, you will be in RCM. The trick to powering off the switch is to go to power options > Restart > You'll be in RCM > Hold power for 10 secs to turn it off from RCM

Alternatively if you chose "power off" from the power options, wait 12 seconds. What happens is it turns off completely, then turns back on into rcm. Which is why I use Restart instead because its instantaneous.

Last edited by MattKimura,

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I think some of your cases above are wrong, I tested some with my switch connected to the computer with TegraRcmGUI auto injection on.
Here are my findings:
Holding power button for 12+ seconds in any situation: Fully powered off
Choosing power off in power options menu: Fully powered off
Choosing restart in power options menu: RCM
Holding the power button for less that 12s when you get a black screen error code: RCM

It is not too difficult to understand when it will enter RCM, if you encounter a error-code screen, the instruction on the screen tells you to press the power button to "restart"
So it acts like choosing restart in the power options menu, which tries to reboot the system therefore entering RCM.

If you want to make sure it is completely off, hold the power button for 15s just as you said or use the power off in the menu.
Also make sure you don't hit the power button after that by accident or charging it, that you start your console and gets into RCM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1