Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Download and update the EZ4 Compact with the newest Kernel found here:
http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/viewtopic.php?t=793

It can play games 8 Megabytes or less. (64 megabits)

To play them, rename the end of the file from ".gba" to ".bin"

Are you sure you can play GBA games? I recently accidentally bought an EZ4 COMPACT instead of the Deluxe...the wonder why it was so cheap. Anyway, It didn't come with a PassCard of any kind but I have learned that the PassCards are used for DS stuff. Well, I only want to do GBA stuff and with this new update...I flashed the EZ4 COMPACT and it boots to "RISE LORD VADER [SD]V1.710" screen. From there, I go to the File Manager and select ANY GBA or BIN file to play any GBA game AND IT ALWAYS TELLS ME: "WARNING This card do not support GBA g".

I even used the EZClient to transfer the gba game to the microSD chip and then put the chip into the EZ4 COMPACT and it still tells me the same thing. Also, whenever I open a JPG file, the screen goes all garbled
cry.gif

Do I have a defective unit or am I doing something wrong
cry.gif
? Has any one out there ran GBA games on the EZ4 Compact with the V1.710?

If so, how'd you do it!?

Thanks for the help in advance.

aRs

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you sure you can play GBA games? I recently accidentally bought an EZ4 COMPACT instead of the Deluxe...the wonder why it was so cheap. Anyway, It didn't come with a PassCard of any kind but I have learned that the PassCards are used for DS stuff. Well, I only want to do GBA stuff and with this new update...I flashed the EZ4 COMPACT and it boots to "RISE LORD VADER [SD]V1.710" screen. From there, I go to the File Manager and select ANY GBA or BIN file to play any GBA game AND IT ALWAYS TELLS ME: "WARNING This card do not support GBA g".

I even used the EZClient to transfer the gba game to the microSD chip and then put the chip into the EZ4 COMPACT and it still tells me the same thing. Also, whenever I open a JPG file, the screen goes all garbledÂ
cry.gif

Do I have a defective unit or am I doing something wrongÂ
cry.gif
? Has any one out there ran GBA games on the EZ4 Compact with the V1.710?

If so, how'd you do it!?

Thanks for the help in advance.

aRs
You got the wrong version if all you wanted was GBA game support...
That said the Compact version does now support smaller GBA games. Follow the instructions in the above posts for success.
You will need to transfer the games through the client software.

The EZ4 doesn't (AFAIK) open .JPG files on it's own in either GBA or NDS mode. You will need a multimedia or image viewer homebrew program to do that.
On the NDS side you can use Moonshell, do not know about GBA though.

Good luck!

tSTORM848

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have downloaded the latest Firmware, transferred the ROMS using the Client, renamed them to .bin and it still tells me "Does not support GBA g". :'( . When you guys download the latest firmware, are you guys getting V1.710? aRs

tSTORM848

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After all the help that I asked for in the Forums...no one figured out my problem on why my EZ4 kept on telling me "Cannot support GBA g". No one told me to push Select!

Rather than Pushing the "Select" button, I was pushing "A" to directly run the .gba/.bin files! The wonder why nothing was happening. After stressing out trying to get these roms to run, I got mad and pushed ALL the buttons and presto...it soon asked me if I would like to write the ROM to NOR ram and I pushed "A" and I then got my games working!!!

Now...I just can't figure out how to work Moonshell without a passcard as I got my EZ4Compact without a PassCard before they started to recently BUNDLE the passcard with the EZ4 Compact.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

aRs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64