Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom - release date and trailer

Following a successful launch in its native Japan, the eagerly anticipated action game will be released across Europe under the title: ‘A.O.T. Wings of Freedom’ on the 26th August 2016. The title name is a nod to the fan-favourite blue and white wings of the Scout Regiment insignia, where many of the anime’s (and by extension the game’s) playable characters serve.

Koei Tecmo also confirmed that ‘A.O.T. Wings of Freedom’ will be available for players to enjoy on a wide selection of consoles, and is currently being developed for physical release on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and for digital only release on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita handheld system and on PC via Steam.

‘A.O.T. Wings of Freedom’ closely follows the riveting story line of Attack on Titan’s first season and focuses on the exploits of various key characters, putting the player in a position to relive the anime’s most shocking, courageous, and exhilarating moments. It revolves around the story of three young people who survive the destruction of their walled city district by enormous, man-eating Titans and eventually go on to join the Scout Regiment in order to protect humanity from this overpowering foe.

While more information about the game’s plot, original content, and playable characters will be unveiled in the coming weeks, Koei Tecmo has released the first batch of localised assets, as well as an action trailer.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I take it theres no word on a western release as of yet?
Sorry, we get PR updates from both the US and the EU sometimes and today the EU one came first lol.
Following a successful launch in its native Japan, the eagerly anticipated action game will be released on August 30, 2016 across America under the title, Attack on Titan.

The game will also have a different logo in the US:

2.png

EU:
2.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the vita version looks like shit i saw the preview on IGN the titans would sink into the ground and the models would flip out.
yeah it has a very short draw distance, which is especially a pain when fighting in titan form and the game can lag pretty hard when you get grabber by a titan, making the Button mash sequence to break free almost impossible.
But at least the general gameplay seems to run at a okay framerate unlike Resi revelations 2 & Borderlands 2.

Reactions: Raylight

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah it has a very short draw distance, which is especially a pain when fighting in titan form and the game can lag pretty hard when you get grabber by a titan, making the Button mash sequence to break free almost impossible.
But at least the general gameplay seems to run at a okay framerate unlike Resi revelations 2 & Borderlands 2.
I really wish Resi Rev 2 vita had more effort put into it i posted a number of issues to Geo C. I love my vita i really hope it gets completly hacked someday so we can have decent homebrew i want dreamcast on my vita

Reactions: CathyRina

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
They were pretty decent with Arslan port.
Ok, I'll admit, Arslan was their first game that was ported decently to pc. I say decently because there's no working keyboard and mouse support (mouse isn't supported AT ALL, which means you're pretty much bound to the controller) and for some reason it wouldn't work on my AMD card (peaks at 38 FPS) as well as on my NVidia card (peaks at 142 << 2 frames more pl0x).

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Indeed, so why?
Why not?
It's only Digital & the translation is going to happen anyway.
Literally easy, effortless money for Koei Temco & those who can't afford upgrading to PS4/XBO/PC are still satisfied. Win - Win situation.
This isn't Square Enix, where games get localized on fewer platforms.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why not?
It's only Digital & the translation is going to happen anyway.
Literally easy, effortless money for Koei Temco & those who can't afford upgrading to PS4/XBO/PC are still satisfied. Win - Win situation.
This isn't Square Enix, where games get localized on fewer platforms.
Man, I'm a pirate, and I have both pc+ps3/4, at least I can pirate all pirate-able things on my ps3, so why would I pay with my real money? In conclusion, Is tecmo stupid???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/z9E_uv5IT-o?si=0qMdVEnRK8mmclzS