Ataribox Design Revealed

Ataribox1Resize.jpg
The Ataribox, a new console by Atari, has been circulating the net for a while. We finally have confirmation as to what it looks like, and the fact that it will be a modern console, competing with PS4 and Xbox One! It will also support old Atari games, probably through emulation, but that is not Atari's main focus. There are two designs to choose from, the "wood" model and a "red/black" model.
Atari said:
Inspired by classic Atari design elements (such as the iconic use of wood, ribbed lines, and raised back); we are creating a smooth design, with ribs that flow seamlessly all around the body of the product, a front panel that can be either wood or glass, a front facing logo, indicator lights that glow through the material, and an array of new ports.
AtariWood1Resize.jpg

AtariRed1Resize.jpg
It has also been revealed that the Ataribox will have HDMI, 4 USB ports, and an SD card slot. Below is an image of what the red model looks like from the front and back.
AtariRedBackResize.jpg
More details are to be revealed soon!

:arrow:Source

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one has nice big pictures and a description. Yours just has a link and your personal reaction to it. This one is better.

That being said, depending on what it actually is I really want to get one. They better not do something stupid like arbitrary stop sales despite continued high demand.

Yeah, sorry about that, I just wanted to make a detailed coverage that complied with the news posting format. No offense, but yours was more of an opinion post than a news coverage. I hope you understand (:

Just add an edit and say he announced it first and link to his. Lolol

Yes, your ePenis is slowly growing. Keep it up.

Pip'

Just to clear this up I'm not that much of a dick. His article was far better. I'm just being a ass. ;)

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something as well ???
If this is to compete with Xbox & co... Where's the Disc Slot ??
Surely we're not going to rely on the SD card

Hope it's not going to be something like a 'cloud streaming' system where you have to rely on atari servers to run the game & not the system itself

There is no disc drive. it is most likely digital only. i aint buying it till its $20 and fully hacked. They are funny to think its gonna compete with the ps4. It wont exist to the developers just like the switch. It seems if the console is not powerful it dont exist... These large devs are to high on their horse for it to exist to them

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was sceptical at first announcement, but the design looks so nice! They claim it'll play classic games and current gen style games. It's intriguing, but if it's indeed a streaming console, it's pretty much dead in the water.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i kinda left without giving the quote, but here it is