Hardware Asus fx 504

strawpoll-legend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a few seconds of Googling, I found a resource on How-FixIt. On this page, you'll find multiple videos for different part replacements for the Asus FX504, including RAM upgrades. According to the website, you can upgrade to 32 GB of RAM. If you click the video, it will send you to YouTube, where you can go to the description and find tools to open your laptop and links to RAM from Amazon and AliExpress.

RAM is used for multitasking on your PC. This is why web browsers, such as Chrome, are notorious for using high amounts of RAM, because you may be using several tabs at once. So, if you play high-demand, triple A games which may need to balance several tasks at once, upgrading your RAM may help games run better.

Last edited by strawpoll-legend,

aerios169

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How much RAM do you plan to increase?
Well the much that i can, i was watching about corsair memory but i dont know if i can mix it with the memory of factory of my laptop

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After a few seconds of Googling, I found a resource on How-FixIt. On this page, you'll find multiple videos for different part replacements for the Asus FX504, including RAM upgrades. According to the website, you can upgrade to 32 GB of RAM. If you click the video, it will send you to YouTube, where you can go to the description and find tools to open your laptop and links to RAM from Amazon and AliExpress.

RAM is used for multitasking on your PC. This is why web browsers, such as Chrome, are notorious for using high amounts of RAM, because you may be using several tabs at once. So, if you play high-demand, triple A games which may need to balance several tasks at once, upgrading your RAM may help games run better.
Well the problem is that i dont know witch one buy :/ or if can i mix them

strawpoll-legend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the much that i can, i was watching about corsair memory but i dont know if i can mix it with the memory of factory of my laptop

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well the problem is that i dont know witch one buy :/ or if can i mix them
Looking closer at the video's comments, it seems that the Crucial RAM and the HyperX RAM linked in the description are both good, but the HyperX RAM is apparently better. You can use one stick of RAM or two, because there are two slots. For good measure, if you decide to buy two sticks, you should keep them both the same brand (buy two Crucial sticks or two HyperX sticks), although I don't think it really makes a difference.

aerios169

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
is
Looking closer at the video's comments, it seems that the Crucial RAM and the HyperX RAM linked in the description are both good, but the HyperX RAM is apparently better. You can use one stick of RAM or two, because there are two slots. For good measure, if you decide to buy two sticks, you should keep them both the same brand (buy two Crucial sticks or two HyperX sticks), although I don't think it really makes a difference.
is a worth of money to buy one of 16 gb and 8 of factory or i just need an other 8gb ( to have 16gb) ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag