Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Art of Fighting is a trilogy of competitive fighting game titles that were released for the NEO-GEO platform in the early 1990s. It was the second fighting game franchise created by SNK, following the Fatal Fury series and is set in the same fictional universe. The original Art of Fighting was released in 1992, followed by two sequels: Art of Fighting 2 in 1994 and The Path of the Warrior: Art of Fighting 3 in 1996. No sequel has been produced since the third game yet The King of Fighters series produced some of the old characters.

The compilation titled "Art of Fighting Anthology" which has previously been announced for PS2 will include all three games. Cant seem to find any other details other than it should be out in May and that it will also be heading to the PSP as well, thought I dunno why as the PSP controls wont really work for this game, nor will the Wii unless you have the classic controller.

This is the art for the PS2 version, which I think is quite nice:
prod_nav_aofa.jpg

Here's hoping that the Fatal Fury and KoF compilations will be heading to the Wii. Good on SNK I say for doing these compilations and not bleeding us dry by doing overpriced VC versions.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
King of Fighters was set to be announced for DS nearly a year ago.
Article

Nothing was said after though :'(
I wouldnt really want any touchscreen features, maybe use the microphone to taunt online, and just have the bottom screen to show characters engery bar, combo info and that and just have the top screen showing the gameplay.

Love to see more DS fighters, Bleach and the Jump games were good but thats it really. Mortal Kombat was mentioned a while back too but again nothing said since.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah SNK is being fairly stupid. Considering the level of the hardware in general that the DS uses vs what the games wanted to pull off it would be damn easy to do. Also SNK games only used 4 buttons which DS has on the face of the unit which would not be a negative issue (like all their 2button GB old system ports.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: