Are you happy with the Wii price?

Are you happy with the price of the Wii in your country?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Impartial

• Total voters

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
If microsoft decide to bring the xbox 360 core down to £179.99 and throw in a game and maybe a free memory unit (If microsoft makes the game and they make the memory unit it will cost them next to nothing to do). The wii will fail miserably in Europe. I'm going to wait a few months and hope Nintendo see sense and reduce the price.

They'd lose so much money on that deal it's not even funny. You're looking at an extra £80-£90's worth of stuff for £20 less. And the memory still wouldn't be as much! Microsoft will most definitely chose a different route to take down the competition.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
$60 for a controller that'll probably break easily through standard use is noooooo good!

Why do you think that? The controller has nothing that could break through normal use (i.e. flailing it around), no movable parts, everything except the rumble motor is solid-state, and the rumble motor itself should be resistant to vibrations.

The only way to break the Wiimote through use is to drop it with every move. I've dropped my TV remote a hundred times, and it still works; and I think people will learn to grip the controller tightly in less than a hundred drops
wink.gif

But seriously, my brother and I are getting the Wii together, (and since I'm the one working, I'll end up paying for it myself), and an additional $60 is a drag.

But that's a minor detail. The major detail is the way the price will be determined locally.

"Well, it's $250, the exchange rate is 1 US Dollar to 5.6 local moneyz, round it up to 6, add customs tax, sales tax, overall tax, profit margin, round it up to a nice round number... let's say 2200 moneyz... but we'll write it down as 2199.99 moneyz, so that it looks cheaper."

And 2200 moneys is $380.

Plus $60 for an extra controller.

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If microsoft decide to bring the xbox 360 core down to £179.99 and throw in a game and maybe a free memory unit (If microsoft makes the game and they make the memory unit it will cost them next to nothing to do). The wii will fail miserably in Europe. I'm going to wait a few months and hope Nintendo see sense and reduce the price.

I dont see why that wont happen. Its only £199 on amazon uk at the moment, so there is space for movement below that price especially in christmas. Look out for 360 special christmas super bundles, since they want to fill up the market before the big black box comes around the corner, and also simply make the wii look technologically reedundant and non price competitive.
The Wii seems to be looking at short term profits as a priority, whereas nearly every other console in history has opted for loss making plans for a few years before managing to make a profit. I think they should have though about Long Term profits. Unless they have plans for another major console anytime soon.
I hope before it comes out in europe they drop a big bombshell about the price. The same way another console, I cant remember the name of it (think it was PSOne, not playstation) greatly reduced its rrp price, and ledt many retailers hanging the old prices out their windows at the beginning of its launch.
If I remember, Argos, a order and collect retailer in the uk, were really angry because they had already printed a million of their catalogues with the wrong price in it...

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M$ just dropped the core price to £199 from £209, that wasn't there idea but some retailers were selling it at £199 to promote sales.
A new bundle will be going on sale at the end of the week including the premium, two controlers and PGR 3 for £299. Controllers cost nothing to M$ and PGR3 is going into a budget (£25!!!) range soon anyway.
M$ won't lower the price anymore because they are loosing soo much on it. I can personally see the core being phased out soon because its just not worth it. M$ dont' loose out because its the same unit and can be then made into more premium models.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am not rich but I don't care about the price anymore.
I just want a Wii !! And it will come at reasonable price too nevertheless.
I mean if somebody shoots you a $900 ot $1100 price that would be a major purchase around the house, like when you sit down and decide to get an HD tv or a new PC, but if you keep the price at a little more then a couple of hundred bucks, that's still a fun purchase that in the end doesn't cost you much more than a dinner out for two in a good restaruant here in Nyc.
Therefore I decided to dine at home on november 19 and spend the night doing some serious playing like I used to when A Link to the past was a brand new game...!

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey can someone link me to a list of what is actually included with the system at retail?
Depending what comes with the Wii it's not such a bad price...

I know there's Wii Sports in there, but how many remotes, etc.?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
One Wiimote, one Nunchuck controller.
Extra Wiimotes will cost $40, extra Nunchucks $20, and the classic controller $20.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii includes the following:

*Wii Sports
*One Wiimote
*One Nunchuck

It's possible that they decide to include some Wii Points so that you can download a Virtual Console game right at launch, though nothing has been announced.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
blink.gif
wtf.gif

So $250 is too much for you, so you'll give away $600 instead? Wow...
huh.gif

I shall assume you are joking.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was a little disapointed by the price until i looked up in my closet and saw my gamecube box. 279,99$ canadian, same exact price as the wii. My cube was the Mario sunshine pack, 1 controller, cube, mario sunshine and a small 30 block memory card. Since i didnt buy the cube at lauch and it had already had a price drop, i think that's fair.

Wii, here i come.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1