Are you happy with the Wii price?

Are you happy with the price of the Wii in your country?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Impartial

• Total voters

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would you ppl get your head out of your ass thinking you're rebuying a GameCube with motion sensors. if You really think you're buying a GameCube, buy a GameCube and free up some preorders for myself.

I have $600 saved for:

- Wii console
- Extra Controller
- 3 Games
- 1 Classic Controller

I will be one very happy Canadian this November.

What pisses me off a lot is that people will compare price of Wii plus extra contollers and games against a basic PS3 and call it a rip off. Please tell me how that anology works? A box with no games is as valuable as a system with extra controllers and games?

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about what games to get at launch. I can't get any virtual console games, as my internet connection only supports computers (something related to the school's tech department). I'm definitely getting Zelda, and I'm kind of bouncing back and forth between Wario Ware and Red Steel as a second game (third if you count Wii Sports), though I may get both, assuming they are both coming before 2007. I may also get Batallion Wars II if it's out before 07.

Hairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm satisfied with the 250 price
biggrin.gif
I was hoping for 199 but whatever. 50 dollars isn't really that much more. It just seems a lot more because 199 psychologically seems a lot less than 250 >_> I would've preferred a 2nd controller + nunchuck to be included but oh well. 250 is still a good price
biggrin.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
It just seems like they are trying to squeeze too much money out of us

- No extra controller/nunchuk (tack US$60 onto the price if you want multiplayer gaming)
- No Opera browser! (WTF? It's a free browser for PC why do we have to pay on Wii?!)
- Pack in game seems to lack depth in my opinion, it looks just like a tech demo that you'll get bored of pretty soon, especially when you don't have a second controller.

bah, I'm certainly not happy with the price. There is some slight hope of it getting lowered though, GC price was lowered just before release, DS Lite price was lowered in the US as well (nowhere else though
frown.gif
). Keep sending those emails to nintendo, the price could very well be lowered to something like US$229 which is better than nothing.

W

wayne

i`m very happy with the price. $250 wow what a bargin, hope the games are as good as it looks!
if anyone aint`t happy with this price wait till the PS3 come out,

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imgod22222, N64 ROMs aren't 64MB. I think there may be one that big, but for the most part they're considerably smaller. Ocarina of Time was one of the larger games on the system, and it was only 32MB. For the most part, N64 games are going to be 16MB and under, and other Virtual Console games will be even smaller. Keep in mind that by starting with 30 games available, and adding 10 a month, for all the systems combined, It'll take a lot of time before they even release enough to fill up your storage, let alone release enough that you actually want to buy. A year after launch, a total of about 150 Virtual Console games will be available. Since the SNES and NES have larger libraries, most of the games will no doubt be for either of those two systems, meaning small filesizes overall. Even the N64 releases won't get more than about 16MB, with only a few exceptions (at 16MB each, you could fit 32 N64 games, which is more than will likely be available in a year).

My point is, Nintendo put in 512MB of storage because they figured it would be enough for most people, and I think they were right about that.

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii in US $250

Wii in UK £180

£180 = around $340

I think £150 would have been a more suitable price (around $280)

plus if I can get games for £30 I'll be happy
biggrin.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I'm torn. It's a souped-up GC, and that thing costs $100 new right now. What is so expensive to warrant another $150?

I love how people see that Wii = souped-up GC. If my car was souped-up as much as that, I'd be driving in space.

Well, i voted no. I was expecting $150-200. I mean, i bought my GCN for $150, my DS for $150, and originally i hated the whole idea of Wii because of its name but I got over it as soon as i found out that Samus will be continued on Wii. Uber series.

God, of course you knew that the GCN launched for $200 ($199.00 exactly I think). I didn't know God was so cheap but, You know, You could wait for the price to drop just like the GCN and the DS. Oh and if you're so sensitive about a product's name... nevermind.

Would you ppl get your head out of your ass thinking you're rebuying a GameCube with motion sensors. if You really think you're buying a GameCube, buy a GameCube and free up some preorders for myself.

I have $600 saved for:

- Wii console
- Extra Controller
- 3 Games
- 1 Classic Controller

I will be one very happy Canadian this November.

What pisses me off a lot is that people will compare price of Wii plus extra contollers and games against a basic PS3 and call it a rip off. Please tell me how that anology works? A box with no games is as valuable as a system with extra controllers and games?

I love how you call the PS3 a box and the Wii a system.
Anyway, I second that: that "anology" does not fucking work. This is the internet though, and people here just have to waaaah-waaah about everything.
(I'm sure you "anology" wasn't a typo too btw, I know you're just trying to avoid typing 'anal'.)

QUOTE(yuyuyup @ Sep 15 2006, 09:38 PM)it's a fucking ripoff, why waste $250 when I can beat my meat for free
does beating your meat provide you with smrpg for 8 bucks? how about goldeneye? no? hm....
(worth every penny)

One hand in your pants, one hand on the mouse downloading ROMS and emulators.
(Sorry, that was just too easy.)

------- That and I voted Impartial (yeah I think I did) because I don't really care since I'd have to wait til Japanese release first and see if I still have money left after buying DS (and etc, maybe PSP) games.

Love,
Orc
rofl2.gif

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Really? Thats another non plus for the Wii.

Just out of interest, how easy would it be for the xbox to simple add a mtion sensitive controller?

From my knowledge all they would have to do is bring one out, and create a few games that utilise it.
Changing the internal software shouldnt be too hard?

The Wii would really look threatened if that happened.

All the features that people were boasting about the Wii, either never happened, happened badly or happened cheaply,

The system is not future proofed beyond a year. Sadly I feel it may be like the GC all over again.

This paragraph is filled with irony.
"The decision to remove the functionality (DVD Playback) was made in order to deliver the machine at a cheaper cost and because most people today already own DVD players"

Yes, the Wii is much cheaper than the other consoles that can play DVD. Yes, I can get a DVD player for £15, and that includes the controller, shell and packaging. Since your game controller is the controller, the game console is the shell and the packaging is what you will be including the console in, how much does it cost to provide dvd playback in a console I ask?

I really cannot believe how this system is being launched in its state. It really fustrates me, all the people that can defend how good the console is.
Just say its a bad console, with a few games that you like

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really? Thats another non plus for the Wii.

Just out of interest, how easy would it be for the xbox to simple add a mtion sensitive controller?

From my knowledge all they would have to do is bring one out, and create games that utilise it.
Changing the internal software shouldnt be too hard?

And probably violate about 10 million patents.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of the reason Sony didn't do as much with motion sensitivity as Nintendo was because of Patents. MS has it worse, in this way, because they'd have to work around patents held by both Sony and Nintendo, not just one company.

Skyhunterjim

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I have voted NO.

Unfortunately, Nintendo kept raising their price all these months until they knew which prise starts to disappoint their fans.

From the "Affordable"Wii that would sell for less than 99 pounds we reached the 180 pounds with Wii sports and 1 controller.
I am not paying 250 euros for that (Greek).

If it was 200, I 'd gladly pay another 40 euros for remote+nunchuk and buy a game or two(but not 60 for them).

Now, my dear Nintendo, I'll skip the masterpiece I myself too expected (Zelda) on day 1,
which you are cleverly forbidding (in a way) your gamecube-owners to buy, so that they get the Gamecube2 version.

I 'll still play Wifi-DS and wait for you to come to your senses, because as it seems "wii" cannot play together if "wii" don't pay another 60 euros on top of the 250.You should have called it Mii,because it seems you only want Mii to play.

I'll keep to the revolutionary DSLite
yaynds.gif
and buy myself a PS3, a console which will cost me an arm and a leg, on which I'll be mostly playing those "nasty" "wretched", "more of the same ol' dung" sequels e.g MGS4...Final Fantasy XIII...Resident Evil 5...Devil May Cry 4 etc.

My first reaction to the 250euro price was "X360, you 're saved!".Nintendo shot itself on the foot and Microsoft has just received a gift they wouldn't expect.I was thinking of a Wii and PS3, but now a 360 and PS3 is amazingly more probable.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have voted NO.

Unfortunately, Nintendo kept raising their price all these months until they knew which prise starts to disappoint their fans.

From the "Affordable"Wii that would sell for less than 99 pounds we reached the 180 pounds with Wii sports and 1 controller.
I am not paying 250 euros for that (Greek).

If it was 200, I 'd gladly pay another 40 euros for remote+nunchuk and buy a game or two(but not 60 for them).

Now, my dear Nintendo, I'll skip the masterpiece I myself too expected (Zelda) on day 1,
which you are cleverly forbidding (in a way) your gamecube-owners to buy, so that they get the Gamecube2 version.

I 'll still play Wifi-DS and wait for you to come to your senses, because as it seems "wii" cannot play together if "wii" don't pay another 60 euros on top of the 250.You should have called it Mii,because it seems you only want Mii to play.

I'll keep to the revolutionary DSLite
yaynds.gif
and buy myself a PS3, a console which will cost me an arm and a leg, on which I'll be mostly playing those "nasty" "wretched", "more of the same ol' dung" sequels e.g MGS4...Final Fantasy XIII...Resident Evil 5...Devil May Cry 4 etc.

My first reaction to the 250euro price was "X360, you 're saved!".Nintendo shot itself on the foot and Microsoft has just received a gift they wouldn't expect.I was thinking of a Wii and PS3, but now a 360 and PS3 is amazingly more probable.

Hi, can you please provide source for Wii priced at 99 pounds and Wii having it's priced raised again and again. I am curious because as far as I know the only prices that were given are the one we're reading now, given at the Nintendo conferences in the past few days. (Oh and please don't tell me the rise in price are the controllers.)

HereZia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm happy with the price in my country, although I think they don't have to impose us a game that we don't want,
250€ it's not the 600€ for the PS3...

Nintendo has prevent us that the price will be nearly 250€...
I'm a little suprised by Nintendo cause I thought that they sell it 199€

I think americans can be happy of the price ! 250$ for the Wii with Wiisports it's only 196€ !! Contrary to european who'll pay 250€ (nearly 318$) for the same thing.

Ferrian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm OK with the price of the console. Not really happy about the price of extra controllers though. It'll be around $60 for a remote plus the nunchuck.

Skyhunterjim

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I was of course not talking about a Nintendo official statement that it will cost 99 pounds but the word on some e-mags, including spong at one point suggested that it may cost as low as £99, as their sources were telling them.

PS3 is late and they have to exploit that.I 'll exploit that too.By waiting.

Oh, and by the way, is the Wii region-locked?It can't be since they said it would play all games.But wait...when the US VP of Nintendo said it would, he really meant it wouldn't.

I guess overhype has made Nintendo to once again play with fire and I 'd like to see where this will lead.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was of course not talking about a Nintendo official statement that it will cost 99 pounds but the word on some e-mags, including spong at one point suggested that it may cost as low as £99, as their sources were telling them.
Nintendo's hardly at fault just because they didn't follow through on a rumor. In fact, since Spong said it, you probably should have assumed it was wrong right from the start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol