Are you disappointed with EA's attitude towards Battlefront and NFS 2015?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,318
  • Replies 17
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I am and I really had high hopes seeing how Battlefront looked amazing and had heard so much praise then same for NFS 2015 (it looked like the new NFS Underground that I was waiting for) but EA screwed it up. Battlefront has no single player story mode (it does however have an offline game mode to claim one can play it offline) and NFS 2015 is only playable online.

Truly hope EA makes justice by these two games or else they'll become as playable as MAG on PS3 is right now. :(

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant say anything for NFS, but battlefront was a letdown in my opinion. Lack of maps or content and the repetition killed that game for everyone I'd say, because it hadn't even been out a month before everywhere started dropping it to a $40 and even $30 price tag.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant say anything for NFS, but battlefront was a letdown in my opinion. Lack of maps or content and the repetition killed that game for everyone I'd say, because it hadn't even been out a month before everywhere started dropping it to a $40 and even $30 price tag.
to be fair, pretty much every non-nintendo game that pricing happens
thats why never buy a game at launch, just wait 1 month and it will probably be half price

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes...selling half a game is ridiculous. Then a $50 season pass to get the other half of your game is equally ridiculous.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be disappointed you'd have to have some sort of expectations for EA.
If you expect anything from EA, you should probably feel shame.

Though they actually did very well with Battlefront. Not having a useless, pointless Singleplayer isn't any sort of mark against the game. Focusing on the game mode people want (multiplayer) was a very intelligent idea. Battlefront 2 wasn't known for its singleplayer, which was just a shitty set of bot matches with AI as dumb as bricks. So I have no idea why anyone expected the new Battlefront to suddenly sport a Singleplayer worth a damn.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
EA launches their half-finished versions right next to their finished versions, then charge 10$ more for the finished version, all of this at launch. The only exception I have for EA, is that they are going to continue to shit on their fans.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Remember Burnout 3? That was an amazing racing game and so were NFS U1 and U2.
Those are games from ten years ago. EA's reputation went downhill after those.

Besides...burnout 3 is more of an example of EA's marketing tactics. Criterion probably had it done for 90% when EA bought them. Red alert 2 is also (nearly fifteen years after date!) one of the best RTS'es out there, but I'll punch anyone in the face who dares to credit that to EA rather than westwood studios.

Reactions: Friendsxix

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I knew Battlefront was so non-single player friendly, I would have gone somewhere else and bought a different PS4 package with something I could actually play. Sure was fun for the 10 mins it took to blow up them probe droids, tho.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im dissappointed if its EA and not Battlefield 3 or Burnout Revenge. I stayed away from Battlefront because i knew it wasnt going to be my kinda game. No campaign, online multiplayer only, nope.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY