Are we all being serious

rujoeking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have always been a regular visitor to GBAtemp,
I am an active member in the hacking community and was heavily involved in the original DS "passme" development and testing.
I have signed up with an "anonymous" alias as I felt I needed to speak and know I will be shot down in flames.
I know this is the "Hacking and Homebrew" section of the site and I know that this is not in line with the Forum Topic, however, the correct target audience are here so I do think this is the most relevant place to post.

The attitude of some people in the forum is atrocious.

You do nothing but flame other people while sat on your high horse adding nothing to the community yourselves.
You are a disgrace and an embarrassment to the hacking community of which I would normally say I was proud to be a member of.
People come on the forums for help and to try to contribute, WE ALL HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE, all they get in return are sarcastic comments and bi**ing it is disgusting.
would it be so hard to direct people in the right way and politely advise them when they have done something wrong?
no... it wouldn't. if you spoke to people in the street like you speak to them on here... I would imagine you would have broken arms and legs...

People deserve respect, there is not a lot of that in this community.

I'm just as entitled to post my opinion as all the flamers in here so I have...

let the flaming begin.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The attitude is fairly justified in all of the threads I've seen. I don't see any reason not to shoot down irritating 12 year olds with their contrived and asinine "ideas" without any research done at all.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a long time visitor of gbatemp. Their contribution to the Wii has been the most significant usage of this site and forum section for myself. That being said, the 3DS - Hacking & Homebrew section is a complete discrace and houses the most disguesting, irratating, uneducated script kiddies I have ever seen on the internet. Being a professional programmer myself the one reason I visit this section is to have a few laughs at some of the rediculious propresitions. Nobody here even has the basic understanding of encryption and most of the threads lead to the blind insulting the blind.

To the moderator of this forum section. You suck balls. (I tell it like I see it, so don't get all butthurt.) I love GBAtemp, but this section blows.
hate2.gif

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Point is, this entire part of the forum is literally useless and filled to the brim with people who are incapable of realizing the difficulty in hacking the 3DS.
It's just:
"Which Flashcard?" threads
"What if?" threads
"Does X run 3DS games?" threads
and Dev Kit threads.
None of which get anything done. Hell, half of them could be on Ask GBAtemp. Which no one uses.
And let's be honest, I'm no insanely awesome programmer or anything, I suck at it. I have, however, been on GBAtemp and watching Homebrew for a long, long time. These things NEVER go anywhere and only serve as an annoyance. Again, I'm no genius, but I've been around long enough to know what does and doesn't work.
And another thing, we wouldn't have this problem if people read the fucking stickies. Can we get Rydian's post linked in here? Or hell, stick it on the Registration page? It's a great guide to picking your card, but everyone seems completely oblivious to it's existance. No one's going to say "Read the fucking stickies you uneducated cretins" if the uneducated cretins read the fucking stickies. The stickies contain the information that they're coming here to ask for 99% of the time, but no one ever bothers to read them. Or use the bloody search engine. That thing has a use, you know. I'd gladly answer questions if they were interesting, unique or uncommon, but they NEVER are. The whole point of this forum is to discuss 3DS-Specific breakthroughs and progress, but for the most part it's wasted on stupid questions and questions that would be better for the DS Homebrew and Hacking category.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
welcome to the Internet.
/thread.

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Aug 5 2011, 08:19 PM) If you're so sensitive that you can't take a little flaming and arguing, you're gonna have to leave the internet. Arguing will lead to inspiration which will lead to so degree of success. What do you want us to do? Constantly praise each other? We'll never get anywhere.

Also this.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're so sensitive that you can't take a little flaming and arguing, you're gonna have to leave the internet. Arguing will lead to inspiration which will lead to so degree of success. What do you want us to do? Constantly praise each other? We'll never get anywhere.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be in General Discussion, and front page news (especially in place of what IS front page news).

I agree, even though I'm probably the most prominent example.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
Nebz said:
welcome to the Internet.
/thread.

Slyakin said:
If you're so sensitive that you can't take a little flaming and arguing, you're gonna have to leave the internet. Arguing will lead to inspiration which will lead to so degree of success. What do you want us to do? Constantly praise each other? We'll never get anywhere.

Also this.

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Aug 6 2011, 06:49 AM)

HOW THE HELL DID YOU QUOTE HIM A MINUTE EARLY
Wait, disregard this as I am retarded.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DrOctapu said:
KirbyBoy said:
Nebz said:
welcome to the Internet.
/thread.

Slyakin said:

Also this.

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Aug 6 2011, 06:49 AM)

HOW THE HELL DID YOU QUOTE HIM A MINUTE EARLY
Wait, disregard this as I am retarded.
Editing my friend.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
This is 100% true.
When I first joined, I never got a normal answer on how to fix my R4.
I kept getting flamed, trolled and sarcastic comments.
I never got an answer, so I started to work with the R4-pro team.
All I wanted was some legit answers, instead I got trolled.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:
This should be in General Discussion, and front page news (especially in place of what IS front page news).

You're just jelly that you can't frontpage news.

If you don't like the game then don't play it.
Wait....what?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:

What the hell are you talking about?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
This is 100% true.
When I first joined, I never got a normal answer on how to fix my R4.
I kept getting flamed, trolled and sarcastic comments.
I never got an answer, so I started to work with the R4-pro team.
All I wanted was some legit answers, instead I got trolled.

gonna have to call shenanigans here... you got me curious...nowhere did I see people trolling you regarding an R4.

And anywhere you were trolled you deserved it
wink.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:

What the hell are you talking about?
rofl.gif

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that get sleepy on here.
nyanya.gif
laugh.gif

Never mind... meh.

@OP It just something you got to live with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1