PS1/2 Are there any PS2 clones (Or can I mod a SD card into a PS2 Slim?)

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hard drives are oodles faster in-game where it counts. But PS2 softmods have their limitations.
IIRC if one really wants most random imports and backups to automatically* run from the tray in the same manner as official games, PSX included, that takes a modchip.

*Without any slide tool, modified tray, etc

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bummer. I wish I knew something about that kind of method :(
If you still have interest in soft modding your PS2, you should get a memory card :)
Or if you feel like doing something hands on, you should try disk swapping. I had a lot of fun doing it. ;)
I need to find a compatible game for it. I not sure where my copy of that 007 game is. I know where my gameshark is though but i just wanted to try it this way. It seem safer to not damage the system or disc with that swap trick on a ps2 slim. I just wish i understand how it works for others but not me. I dunno if i have the wrong gameshark but it doesn't make sense. I can copy files from flash drive to MC but it doesn't overwrite the system config like it should. If i had a way to browse raw memory card files or something.

If anyone here has a way to browse raw memory card data, can they tell me what the name of the system config data file name is?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused.

What i want is to take a PS2-9000 (which has no hard drive bay) and set it up so that when I turn it on, I can quickly launch a game selection screen in a single step and I can pick the game I want without swapping out any disks ever (or at lest after the initial setup) - sort of like how my Wii is set up. Is that possible?
Well I can't help you with launching a game list on boot, but what I can say is there is a homebrew app called OPL which when launched from the home menu of your PS2, (So Turn on/ home menu/ OPL/) it will take you to a menu that will read a PS2 ISO from a flash drive or external hard drive and BOOM, now your playing Resident evil 4 or SotC or something!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I need to find a compatible game for it. I not sure where my copy of that 007 game is. I know where my gameshark is though but i just wanted to try it this way. It seem safer to not damage the system or disc with that swap trick on a ps2 slim. I just wish i understand how it works for others but not me. I dunno if i have the wrong gameshark but it doesn't make sense. I can copy files from flash drive to MC but it doesn't overwrite the system config like it should. If i had a way to browse raw memory card files or something.

If anyone here has a way to browse raw memory card data, can they tell me what the name of the system config data file name is?
I technically can because of a homebrew app but I'm not sure what to look for. If you give me an idea of what I'm looking for, I'll look through my files later tonight.

Reactions: Birdon

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm confused.

What i want is to take a PS2-9000 (which has no hard drive bay) and set it up so that when I turn it on, I can quickly launch a game selection screen in a single step and I can pick the game I want without swapping out any disks ever (or at lest after the initial setup) - sort of like how my Wii is set up. Is that possible?

What you need for that is Open PS2 Loader (OPL, in short). That is a homebrew. You need Free MCBoot in order to use that.
To get the FMCB going without pain:
Plan A: Chain hack
1) Find a friend with a ps2 modchip or FCMB (it's not that hard!)
2) Run uLauncher ps2 iso in the modchip ps2 or boot uLauncher from FCMB in the friends ps2
3) Plug your Memory card in slot 2 of your friends ps2 and run FCMB installer
4) Install multi-version FCMB in memory card slot 2

Plan B: Call for help
1) There were plenty of people willing to get you FMCB'd for free (or just a couple beers)
idk if they are still doing it or if you live in a region near any of them, but they exist(ed?)

After installing FMCB just plug the MC in your system and follow steps to install and config OPL. Easy peasy.

Edit: Also, FMCB allows you to use ESR (to run disc copies without a modchip!) but you still need to patch the isos and then burn the discs

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
Reactions: Birdon

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I technically can because of a homebrew app but I'm not sure what to look for. If you give me an idea of what I'm looking for, I'll look through my files later tonight.
Just find a list of all the save data on the memory card.

The videos or rather instructions i used says that when you use the game shark to copy over the premade file to the memory card, it supposed to overwrite the save data. The file called "Your configuration" Is supposed to be replaced on the memory card. But the file gets copied without Replacing it.

In short when the process to copy is done, it exist at the same time instead of overwrite it. My only idea i can assume is that the file name of my file does not match the one on the memory card like is supposed to. So if i know what the name of the file is on the memory card and match it properly when renaming the file. It should properly work, got that?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just find a list of all the save data on the memory card.

The videos or rather instructions i used says that when you use the game shark to copy over the premade file to the memory card, it supposed to overwrite the save data. The file called "Your configuration" Is supposed to be replaced on the memory card. But the file gets copied without Replacing it.

In short when the process to copy is done, it exist at the same time instead of overwrite it. My only idea i can assume is that the file name of my file does not match the one on the memory card like is supposed to. So if i know what the name of the file is on the memory card and match it properly when renaming the file. It should properly work, got that?
:wacko: I think so. I'm out right now but will be home in about 2.5 hours. I'll plug up my PS2 and see what I can find.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:wacko: I think so. I'm out right now but will be home in about 2.5 hours. I'll plug up my PS2 and see what I can find.
Look is simple. Just like on a pc where you try to copy a file to a folder with the same file name, what happens? You get notified that two files cannot exist at the same direcory and ask for options, cancel, rename, or overwrite,

Okay, same thing here. That what i am asking. Someone to tell me the name of the system config save data on the memory card so i can rename the file to copy it. :P

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look is simple. Just like on a pc where you try to copy a file to a folder with the same file name, what happens? You get notified that two files cannot exist at the same direcory and ask for options, cancel, rename, or overwrite,

Okay, same thing here. That what i am asking. Someone to tell me the name of the system config save data on the memory card so i can rename the file to copy it. :P
Okay I got it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rofl2: