Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unless the image is vectored, then no.
There are things you can do to make the image look better than a simple resize (which stretches the image), but you'll never keep the same quality.

If you want to link/send me the pic and the specs you need I can see what I can do, but I make no promises or guarantees.

meornot0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope.avi

Well, you could try upscaling, but that will basically remove he jagginess and create blurring, not really increasing the resolution of the picture.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right now, I don't believe the technology exists in mainstream editors like Photoshop.

Its difficult because when you make a photo larger, you're stretching the pixels into more pixels, thus you get pixelation & blurriness. In order to prevent that from happening, the software would have to guess at the pictures details while still not messing it all up.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's smaller, thus there is less data in it than in a larger version. Details will be missing, it will be pixelated and/or blurry when you enlarge it because the details "between the pixels" are not there, and won't magically appear.

It's like if you take a book, and summarize it into a paragraph. You cannot rebuild the book from just that paragraph, because a lot of detail is missing which cannot automatically be recreated by a computer if it's not already known.

1 - Deal with it.
2 - Try to find a larger version.
3 - Depending on what it is, see if somebody will do vector art of it for you, which can be resized with no loss of quality. This, however, takes time and a talented tech artist to do it for you, as they will be manually recreating the entire image... this tends to not work well with real-life images, though. Just anime stuff, and technical diagrams and charts, and it takes time.

This video uses examples to help explain it.
http://www.geekbrief.tv/macmerctv

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch