Hacking Anything going on for 4.0.1?

Suavalicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New user here so I cant post links but hexkyz blog posted a detailed Q&A about 2 weeks ago.

Q: Ok, so, I'm a developer with a strong passion for homebrew and would love to start right away. What do you suggest?
A: Update your Switch to firmware version 3.0.0, read about rohan and get to work!

Q: Now, I'm just a regular user that loves homebrew, but has no intent or knowledge to develop my own. I also want to play the latest games on my Switch and don't really mind waiting. What do you suggest?
A: Update to the latest firmware version and wait.

Q: What if I'm an avid hacker/developer who wants to explore the system as much as possible?
A: Find a 1.0.0 unit and stay there.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bullshit I do xb1
First off...spelling.

Next, not quite -- The underlying flaw Deja Vu takes advantage of to get TrustZone execution on 2.0-3.0.2 is still present in 4.x...but there's no way to trigger it, right now. TBD, in the long term I'm gonna say 4.x is probably safe, and don't update past it, but definitely wouldn't call it "completely hacked".

Also, tunip3 isn't a hacker and I don't know why you included them for credibility.
And some other stuff

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off...spelling.

Next, not quite -- The underlying flaw Deja Vu takes advantage of to get TrustZone execution on 2.0-3.0.2 is still present in 4.x...but there's no way to trigger it, right now. TBD, in the long term I'm gonna say 4.x is probably safe, and don't update past it, but definitely wouldn't call it "completely hacked".

Also, tunip3 isn't a hacker and I don't know why you included them for credibility.

Hopefully 4.x is safe. All switches now in the US seem to be 4.x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh